Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf on Hydron

damongautama

Question

I'm curious if others are seeing this. When the Wolf shows up on a Hydron defense mission, he is pretty much unkillable. Knowing he might show up, I always bring at least one maxed out weapon even when I'm there for leveling. This time I had Prisma Twin Gremlins with a little over 800 total damage per round, fire rate of 14.13, a 107.9% crit chance and a 4x crit multiplier. Twenty minutes in and my whole squad were out of ammo, and the wolf looked to be around 85-90%  health.

The Gremlins are modded for Corrosive, so I could do more damage with radiation, but that still wouldn't have been enough on the times I've seen him on Hydron.

Has anyone successfully defeated him on a higher level map? If so, how did you manage it?

Thanks!

19 answers to this question

Radiation is your best bet for the wolf bud, he has ally Armor with an ally health so corrosive is not gonna do you justice. If you got a catchmoon. Kit gun or even a sniper radiation build that should make it a lot easier.

Basically that, but at hydron its arguably more efficient to just abort mission and restart than to waste the time it takes to beat him, unless you really want the hammer. Also needs a kavat  with the armor decreasing mod and/or the armor decreasing mod on your melee weapon.

I've fought him tons of times, and only gotten a single kill. I missed the first couple weeks, so I keep getting stuck with people who bail the instant he shows up, lol.

The one kill was a nightmare intercept. My Nidus kept using his 2 to draw the three minions away, and I ended up dropping 3 ammo pods before he finally died after about 10 minutes of constant fighting. I was using a radiation arca plasmor, and I'm not sure what the other two players were using.

But he's way too tanky, and the patch that supposedly made him less tanky and have a level cap of 60 never actually did any of that. I've seen him come into a map at 72+ multiple times since then, and my arca plasmor headshots were doing 600-1000's with a radiation build.

If you're leveling weapons and not frames, I would recommend octavia, chroma, rhino, or mirage so if he does show up you can buff yours or your ally's damage. I've seen a titania do well (as in, it took 5 minutes of fighting to knock off half the bastard's health). But he's immune to powers, so nothing that effects enemies works on him. He's also immune to status procs, so corrosive is useless as well.

Nyx's mind control works on the minions, but then they stop attack anything at all the whole time, so that's useless as well. And they shoot through nyx's 4 like an operator, so there's that.

Maybe shattering impact would help? Not sure, since he only ever attacks me when I'm leveling weapons.

Definitely mod for high crit chance / crit multipliers and Radiation...and bring a Kavat with Sharpened Claws for armor stripping. Also, Shattering Impact does indeed help.

Status is not your best friend here as Wolfy ignores status procs.

DO NOT aim for the head: Due to a bug, all headshots do REDUCED damage instead of increased.

Definitely bring ammo and health pizzas / restores. You'll probably need them.

Edited by MirageKnight

2 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

DO NOT aim for the head: Due to a bug, all headshots do REDUCED damage instead of increased.

Seriously? If that's true, then accurate players have a harder time? Yeesh, they really screwed us over with this guy, didn't they?

If shattering impact does work, then you may want to go with a sarpa. I think the sarpa's 'hold E' shots activate the armor drop the fastest.

Edited by Riger82

Yeah, I noticed that about the head. I was seeing such small damage against his body, so I got up on a platform and unloaded a clip at point blank range into his head. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was about 8 damage I was seeing. That would have taken all day. 🙂

Just now, Riger82 said:

Seriously? If that's true, then accurate players have a harder time?

I wish I was kidding, but it was mentioned and confirmed on Reddit and by a few people on here. Seen that for myself as well.

1 minute ago, Riger82 said:

Yeesh, they really screwed us over with this guy, didn't they?

I'm HOPING that was simply an accident in coding. Regardless, that needs to be fixed ASAP.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)turbodart said:

Or alternatively mod your archgun for rad to kill the wolf while you level weapons on hydron 

I was thinking about that. I'm using the imperator vandal, and that has rather massive damage. But with the insane damage mit, it feels like you'll run out of ammo before leaving a dent in him. Or he leaves a dent in you.

1 hour ago, (PS4)turbodart said:

Or alternatively mod your archgun for rad to kill the wolf while you level weapons on hydron 

I've gotten decent results with my Phaedra in terms of whittling Wolf Boy's HP down.

Larkspur though? It's like you're throwing ball bearings at him.

1 hour ago, Riger82 said:

I was thinking about that. I'm using the imperator vandal, and that has rather massive damage. But with the insane damage mit, it feels like you'll run out of ammo before leaving a dent in him. Or he leaves a dent in you.

Real shame we can’t replicate wolf in sim to test effective ways to kill him 

4 hours ago, damongautama said:

I'm curious if others are seeing this. When the Wolf shows up on a Hydron defense mission, he is pretty much unkillable. Knowing he might show up, I always bring at least one maxed out weapon even when I'm there for leveling. This time I had Prisma Twin Gremlins with a little over 800 total damage per round, fire rate of 14.13, a 107.9% crit chance and a 4x crit multiplier. Twenty minutes in and my whole squad were out of ammo, and the wolf looked to be around 85-90%  health.

The Gremlins are modded for Corrosive, so I could do more damage with radiation, but that still wouldn't have been enough on the times I've seen him on Hydron.

Has anyone successfully defeated him on a higher level map? If so, how did you manage it?

Thanks!

i did killed him on hydron and mot with my catchmoon, 23k radiation and 100% CC and x4.8 CD

TIP: if you stand on a box or a ledge, the wolf cannot attack you so you won't die, and keep on shooting him

Yeah this happened to us last night.... Wolf Spawns in at level 70 on hydron.... looks like they changed his suit and also gave him knew attack.... he's just as tank as he was before but now his stupid hammer can actually kill some of us when it didn't before. In any case The Wolf is completely Immune to all Status Effects so Corrosuve has no effect on him... but This doesn't mean you can't strip his armor.... you just need to do it without using a Satus Effect. Examples include:

1) Mag

2) Kavat with Sharpened Claws

3) Sarpa with Shattering impact

4) and Unairu's Sundering Dash. 

Shockingly enough... Removing his Armor is the easy part.

The Hard part is dealing with his Gigantic Health Pool.... and honestly I can't help you theres Archguns are weak and not everyone has them and bringing an extra weapon slows down the levelling process. Uhm.... I suggest bringing a frame with an exhalted weapon.... obviously Mesa won't work because DE special cased her Regulators not to target the wolf.

I'm not sure if Mag works against him at all since he is also immune to warframe powers. In either case Titania work pretty well since her pistols in razorwing can pump out a lot of damage. In addition to that she has CC that actually works on the invulnerable wolf minions. Chroma also works well with a high damage per shot, crit and radiation modded weapon. 

Don't use Nyx as her powers will basically be useless due to the minions not attacking eachother or the wolf even if mind controlled or affected by chaos and her psychic bolts doesn't affect the wolf at all. It works on the minions however after he is dead and instantly removes all their armor.

Until this season is over I am playing pretty much only Chroma with one of my eidolon snipers.  Usually fight takes about 15 seconds due to the obscene amounts of damage Chroma can put out.

But that's honestly a sign of a badly designed boss fight since playing this setup gets real old REAL fast. All for a boss that has a terrible spawn rate. And unreliable drop chances for a time limited and seemingly mediocre weapon.