Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could Oberon's Hallowed Ground get some love?

MirageKnight

With the introduction of secondary energy colors, I feel that Hallowed Ground's visuals could use some polish and updating. 

It's not so much the plants that spawn (although those could probably benefit from some tweaking - maybe add some random flowers?) but that swirling aura overlay on top of the plants. The overlay is really opaque and muddy - and the highlights are arguably way too light. Also, I'm not sure if it's just me but I don't think the secondary color is applying at all.

What would be nice to see is that flat overlay gone in favor of a swirling, drifting tinted mist hovering above the ground - kind of like that aura preview when changing energy colors, but that's me.

Thanks for reading.

58 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I preferred the sacred flames rather than the plants honestly

Cheesy though the fx looked at the time, I think the idea of laying down a carpet of cleansing fire suits Oberon a bit better than spawning grass / ferns. You know, Paladin and all. I suggested improvements to existing fx because that's what we have atm.

That said, I think they could make much nicer looking holy flames this time around...

Devs? You reading this...?

Edited by MirageKnight

On 2019-04-17 at 12:36 AM, MirageKnight said:

With the introduction of secondary energy colors, I feel that Hallowed Ground's visuals could use some polish and updating. 

I think most old frames could use an ability fx revisit. And the colours of the effects should be split up so that each 'bit' was its own energy colour, not a blend of the two.

3 hours ago, iLightning13 said:

And the colours of the effects should be split up so that each 'bit' was its own energy colour, not a blend of the two.

As a point of note, someone suggested introducing a slider to govern how much color blending happens.

That said, I do agree with you.