Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MirageKnight

Could Oberon's Hallowed Ground get some love?

With the introduction of secondary energy colors, I feel that Hallowed Ground's visuals could use some polish and updating. 

It's not so much the plants that spawn (although those could probably benefit from some tweaking - maybe add some random flowers?) but that swirling aura overlay on top of the plants. The overlay is really opaque and muddy - and the highlights are arguably way too light. Also, I'm not sure if it's just me but I don't think the secondary color is applying at all.

What would be nice to see is that flat overlay gone in favor of a swirling, drifting tinted mist hovering above the ground - kind of like that aura preview when changing energy colors, but that's me.

Thanks for reading.

I preferred the sacred flames rather than the plants honestly, and after seeing that trailer countless times the ferns never looked good knowing we could have gotten flowers.

58 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I preferred the sacred flames rather than the plants honestly

Cheesy though the fx looked at the time, I think the idea of laying down a carpet of cleansing fire suits Oberon a bit better than spawning grass / ferns. You know, Paladin and all. I suggested improvements to existing fx because that's what we have atm.

That said, I think they could make much nicer looking holy flames this time around...

Devs? You reading this...?

On 2019-04-17 at 12:36 AM, MirageKnight said:

With the introduction of secondary energy colors, I feel that Hallowed Ground's visuals could use some polish and updating. 

I think most old frames could use an ability fx revisit. And the colours of the effects should be split up so that each 'bit' was its own energy colour, not a blend of the two.

3 hours ago, iLightning13 said:

And the colours of the effects should be split up so that each 'bit' was its own energy colour, not a blend of the two.

As a point of note, someone suggested introducing a slider to govern how much color blending happens.

That said, I do agree with you.

+1, although I'd even settle for an option to switch between ferns and grass if using Oberon Prime. Every Prime frame with some unique skill effect should have this.