Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong's Defy should be his passive

lMr.Doctorl

This is just an idea but what if Defy was passive so that way you could have a new 2nd ability. You might be thinking that defy as passive would be over-power but to be honest if it was a different it would probably be op but in Warframe it wouldn't be that overpower. Also another thing is that it would not be full immortality because like god mode abilities there is a weakness.

Cool idea, only thing is yes, it would be very, very powerful for a passive.

Also, of all of Wukongs abilities, Defy is considered to be the most/if not only viable ability to use, so why add in a whole new ability to replace the one that people like currently? I would much rather have the focus be put on improving his 1 3 and 4, rather than a whole new ability on top of all that.

His passive should be changed so that all melee weapons gain 5 meters in range, doubled to 10 meters when using staff weapons (including his exalted), and stacking with other melee range mods.

Edited by Xaxma

14 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

If it were to be his passive, what would happen to balance it out?
Permanent "undying" without energy drain would be very strong.
The current "downside" of the ability is its vulnerability towards energy drainers, towards nullifiers and scrampus units.

I can see idea for defy as passive where (keeping with taking energy on "death") it converts part of existing energy back to hp (thus making its heal depend on current energy amount) and reduces his max energy pool each time till he does a certain feat to return part of his energy pool/energy loss of the last death and being disabled if max energy is under a certain value.

Feats being his "pranks", so knocking down x amount of enemies in a single hit, shooting a enemy sent into the air, hitting multiple enemies with the same bullet, using a non-ground finisher on a alerted enemy, etc.

41 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

A. That would be OP as all hell.

B. He has three slots open to be replaced with actual skills, so no need to make room.

:clem:

The problem is that wukong is base off Chinese stories and changing one of his abilities away from his story would defeat the purpose of naming him "Wukong"

I always imagined either Wukong getting this as a Defy Rework, or a new frame being built around it, but:

"Hardy"

-all damage taken is postponed until a constantly-refreshing, x-second-timer Queue expires.

-When the damage is applied (at the end of the Queue timer), it is capped at y% of the frame's health.

-Healing effects are treated as simply Negative damage, and go into the same Queue as damage (Does still heal, but only if the amount of healing in the queue has exceeded the amount of damage in the queue).

essentially just puts a ceiling on the DPS a frame can take, resulting in a frame that has the same baseline of durability no matter how high a level the enemies become.

But given the right tweaks to X and Y, it could also be the cornerstone of their kit, making them very tanky.

Possible additional mechanics for filling out kit/playstyle.

• Built in lifestealing ability, so that each damage queue is a frantic rush to try and do enough damage to at least break even regarding your own health. Good if this was used on someone like Valkyr.
  • Designing the frame to rely on it's shields to regen durability, with the process to actually heal health being made more difficult. Thus, the playstyle is changed to carefully timing each combat encounter to not take so long that it dips into your precious health pool, and instead just damages your shields, which can regen. Considered proposing this when Hildryn was being designed.
  • A potentially strong ability to throw in there is the ability to spend energy to just vent a queue as an attack, at some high cost. Could be an Assimilate rework.

Also, I'd like to take a moment to make my own opinion known: that I'd prefer this system to be non-nullify-able. The whole idea is having a baseline of defense to rely on. Making it something that can be semi-randomly taken away by a lone mob makes me kinda sad.

1 minute ago, lMr.Doctorl said:

The problem is that wukong is base off Chinese stories and changing one of his abilities away from his story would defeat the purpose of naming him "Wukong"

If the stories gave him a jab on one, a cloud as 3 and a bo as his ultimate ability then yes.

But wukong is so much more then just that and even within these choices there is so much change that can be made to make those viable skills.

His 1 is the worst weapon based scaling skill of them all.

His 3 is WAY too slow. Like there are issues when a stealth ivara races past you.

His 4 is what I'd call the worst exalted weapon of those in existence.

His potential is limited to "can't die". Such a waste. Lets fix that first before we tweak his one working skill.