Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are we hoping for from New War?

Midas

1 minute ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

Ew, who would want that sentient posing as a human? Teshin is a proper leader for the Tenno.

Teshin is kind of an a-hole. I actually like the Lotus. I know that she wasn't loved by many before the Sacrifice happened, and I get that, everyone likes different things. But if you are hating her just because she's a traitor, I'd say just wait with that for a while. The Lotus is not a traitor, she's a double agent. And a double agent with clear intentions is just bad at the job. We'll see where her loyalty lies.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Teshin is kind of an a-hole. 

Teshin is kind of a Conclave.

8 minutes ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

Teshin is a proper leader for the Tenno.

I think he's just an old Dax sitting around to teach Tenno things(mostly the Conclave) and do his job to serve whomever had that kuva stick.

We made him lost his job even after he told us to stay away, ese. I never regret it.

The ones I think are possible: Kill the **** out of the Lotus. Learn more about Wally and possibly interact with him for missions.

The one I WANT, but would probably be too much to ask for: Have Ordis AS HIMSELF giving the generic mission objectives from here on. It probably won't happen since that would involve a TON of newly-recorded lines.

Unrelated: I'd also love to see the Helminth developed as a character (of sorts). I really, REALLY like the idea behind a more "benign" Infestation variant. I feel like there can be something to that.

Story:

• More information on the Man in the Wall.
  • More information about the Void. What, exactly, is it? Why did the Orokin build those towers?
  • More information about the Sentients' motivations. Right now, the best that I can gather is that they think the Orokin will screw everything up, which makes sense, and that all humans are Orokin, which does not.
  • The end of the Purple Fake Space Mum. Personally, I still hold on to the theory that Margulis will somehow be resurrected and become a replacement for her.
  • Setup for the next story quest, obviously. Perhaps we'll finally face the Man in the Wall, or an entirely new threat? I also have this sneaky feeling that we'll eventually see some sort of a time skip; either with the New War or the next quest, which will see Operators grow into full adults.

Content:

• Full access to the Tau system, with all-new tilesets, missions and rewards.
  • Sentient Invasions.
  • Sentient boss fights.
  • Sentient weapons. Not just Corpus weapons with Sentient tech, but full Sentient tech weapons.

Rewards:

• New uses for excess Focus. New Focus skills and/or Syndicate-like effects.
  • Umbral Redirection, Umbral Continuity and Umbral Streamline. They will be part of the same Umbral set as the current three mods, but the set bonuses will not increase beyond 3 mods. You can simply choose which three to use.
  • A new Warframe. Something entirely new, or even a second Umbra.

Yeah, that's about it from the top of my head. No expectations for all, or even any, of these will be met, but I think it's fine to dream a little.

• Like 6

I want a whole new star system where the men are men, the women are sentient, the space DJs are not invited, and everybody can have an early lunch.
I hope there is an auction house when we get there, so we can leave our 20 year old trading system far behind.
I hope we can mine asteroids in our archwings, and maybe even find some space fish. 
I hope for petwing, so I can strap my cat in a rocket harness. He'd love that. I can tell. 
I hope there's kuva. 
I hope it won't be the grineer anymore. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Have Ordis AS HIMSELF giving the generic mission objectives from here on. 

This might be hard, since his love towards the Tenno seems was inplanted by Ballas as he was turned into a Cephalon. He might turn into another WoSS if he does regain his original form.

24 minutes ago, SolusCaeles said:

This might be hard, since his love towards the Tenno seems was inplanted by Ballas as he was turned into a Cephalon. He might turn into another WoSS if he does regain his original form.

Yeah, that's definitely a topic I've considered. I actually made a thread about that awhile back.

My optimistic appraisal is that his "malfunctions" are his old memories as Ordan Karris manifesting in spite of his best efforts to get rid of them. it would explain how they're so much angrier and more violent. But at the same time, his loyalty to the Operator seems at its strongest and most sincere during these times. 

• "ABANDON THE OPERATOR? Yes, the Operator deserves a newer, better Ship Cephalon. I think this is probably for the best."

As Ordis, he just kinda goes along with it. As Ordan (again, if my hypothesis is correct) he is violently repulsed by the idea. Same when the Lotus abandons you during the Natah quest.

• Hello? Did the Lotus just --abandon the Operator-- get cut off? I have extraction ready. I think you should hurry.

When he receives his fragments, he warns the Operator not to hear them. He warns the Operator that the story will make you want to laugh and weep. He DOESN'T tell the Operator that Ordan Karris would have hated them, though. To the contrary, even as Ordan Karris, they have a common enemy: Ballas.

So, my interpretation is that while originally the loyalty was just implanted at first, he would still fight by your side on those grounds alone. It just so happens he's far, FAR more suited to help you as a Cephalon (even if reincarnation were possible).

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Ryusuta
  • Like 5

Difficult unapologetic enemies. I want killing a room of sentients to feel like an accomplishment, not just sleep eating through hordes of 100s. 

I would like if Tau was a change of pace, a bit more strategic.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

Content that does not rely on Timegating, have a good replaybility and engaging content unlike fortuna and PoE which they only offer is boring replaybility and no engaging content. 

Boss that doesn't rely on status immunity, Warframe abilities and damage reduction

New varies of enemies that is not immune to Warframe abilities

An active that we can take part on, sort of like raids

A story that is equal to the quality of  "The Second Dream", not like wolf and nightwave that has nothing but plothole, because why we are listening to this random woman exactly

I would like the moons of Jupiter and Saturn to be more than just mission locations.

Seriously how is Phobes (a pathetic asteroid posing as a moon) a "planet", but Io, Titan, Ganymede, and Callisto are simple mission nodes?

Io could be especially nice because you can make a volcanic tile set using it.

• Like 1