[DE]Megan

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.7.2

3 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I guess you have tried going with someone in their game, is it still the same result they can see it and you cannot? I was going to test it out if you haven't, I've nothing better to do, plus I'm farming them at times to build apothics to farm the specters for mods.

1 hour ago, tvih said:

Yeah, tried, to no avail.

That sucks, oh well I thought I'd offer.

Posted (edited)
vor 5 Stunden schrieb Slayer-.:

Since when, those weapons don't do self damage and I know my Catchmoon has some awesome damage, Arca Plasmor can be reasonable with the right config on it even with it's slow relads speed.

It feels like you completely missread my post. I've listed the multiple advantages Arca Plasmor and Catchmoon have over explosive weapons like the Ogris, one of these advantages includes the lack of self damage (while guns like Ogris, Penta etc. can blow yourself up).

I made the statement to underline that even with a semi trigger (and especially with a base damage reduction from 600 to 400) the Ogris would be (was) FAR below the Catchmoon's or Arca Plasmor power level, meaning that the reasoning "it would have been OP with those changes" didn't make any sense as it was still weak compared to a lot of other weapon choices (witch the Arca Plasmor and Catchmoon being two examples).

Edited by Sdric

Thanks for the fix. Just wondering when the visual glitch involving Hyldyn appearing to hold her archgun after a host migration will be fixed. XD

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Sdric said:

Have you met the Catchmoon? Or Arca Plasmor? There's quite a lot of weapons with better damage, larger hitbox, no self damage & crit scaling, faster rate of fire, higher magazine, better inherent damage types, shorter reload and most importantly - no self damage.

13 hours ago, Sdric said:

It feels like you completely missread my post. I've listed the multiple advantages Arca Plasmor and Catchmoon have over explosive weapons like the Ogris, one of these advantages includes the lack of self damage (while guns like Ogris, Penta etc. can blow yourself up).

I made the statement to underline that even with a semi trigger (and especially with a base damage reduction from 600 to 400) the Ogris would be (was) FAR below the Catchmoon's or Arca Plasmor power level, meaning that the reasoning "it would have been OP with those changes" didn't make any sense as it was still weak compared to a lot of other weapon choices.

Yes was a bit tired just read it again and I see what you were saying now, my bad I agree the weapons are awesome for what they can do. Though that underlined part did seem strange at first read. 🙂

Edited by Slayer-.
typo

5 hours ago, Sdric said:

no self damage.

*facepalm* 

That's because those weapons don't use explosive warheads or use a large explosion to kill things.

5 hours ago, Sdric said:

There's quite a lot of weapons with better damage, larger hitbox, no self damage & crit scaling, faster rate of fire, higher magazine, better inherent damage types

Thanks for underscoring how underwhelming Ogris is in comparison to some other weapons. A semi-auto trigger made the Ogris arguably more fun to use. That said, if you find yourself blowing up a lot because you're using an Ogris or similar weapon at close range...that's arguably on you for using those weapons badly.

Also, extra crit on a weapon designed to blow things up? Crits are about exploiting weakness in defenses to do extra damage. Ogris is a brute force weapon that does AoE damage, so no - absolutely not.

To DE:

Please give the Ogris a semi-auto trigger, give it slightly better damage, and make it so that the rocket only arms itself and explodes on contact after traveling at least 5m to minimize accidents due to misuse or some clueless idiot jumping in front of you.

5 hours ago, Sdric said:

Have you met the Catchmoon? Or Arca Plasmor?

Got the Plasmor when it came out and built a Catchmoon Kitgun 3-4 weeks ago. Also, at the risk of repeating myself, they don't use large explosions to kill things.

Still no fix for operator stance animation while unarmed & profile. -.-

Wait, does this man that toroids no longer drop from the temple, spaceport and the labs?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

That said, if you find yourself blowing up a lot because you're using an Ogris or similar weapon at close range...that's arguably on you for using those weapons badly.

That's actually arguable. Well, of course if you fire right under your feet or in the wall in front of your face then that's on you and you do using it wrong, but unfortunately Warframe have a little bit too many surprise obstacles which appear on your screen right when you fire you weapon, catch your shot and make it blow up in your face. At the very top of the list are your teammates and ospreys of all kinds. They pop completely out of the left field and you can do nothing about that. Another annothing thing is shields. You can turn around the corner to shoot in the room with nothing right next to the door on the radar and have a face full of nully shield. Good thing if you notice it in time.

Edited by lainverse
  • Satisfied 1

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Synth Reflex Mod now has a HUD buff icon.

Mod still stops reloading for Clients after using operator, like third time posting it in these update threads (cries in corner).

Bug is present since synth mod set was introduced...

peace out ...

The Ascension Altar and the Clan Vault are now displayed on the Clan Dojo minimap.

So, more displayed icons will make more messy minimap, currently I cant see nothing on minimap cuz of previous displayed icons, they are so big like a poo on glasses!

21 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Also, at the risk of repeating myself, they don't use large explosions to kill things.

This is true, but I think it is a distinction without a difference when it comes to the gameplay. Large explosions are usually accepted as reasonably hazardous to the player because they carry the promise of substantially higher damage and the ability to hit more enemies at once.

When even a secondary weapon can match (or exceed) the destructive potential of a rocket launcher WITHOUT the risk of self-destruction, it makes the launcher rather obsolete and fairly useless outside of aesthetic flare.

Your minimum range suggestion is pretty great and would solve a lot of the problem, but I think it would be nice to take things a bit further and have the different classes of weapons differentiate into battlefield roles a bit better. For example, following conventional tropes you might expect the Ogris or other launchers to be more directly effective against armored targets like dropships, coildrives, raknoids, and thumpers.

• Satisfied 1

Fixed the Cena Apparel Blueprint and Vahd Apparel Blueprint requiring 5 Cetus Wisps by swapping it to 5 Eidolon Gems.

If u every time swapping materials, then it will be better that u guys remove wisp completely from the game. Is not hard to find 5 wisps.

Few days ago u are remove gems from using on arcanes in cetus, so why u didnt remove them all from the game and will be much better for everyone, we dont need gems in the game if u will always swapped something.

So, for me 5 cetus wisp is easy to find and spend my time for that, but for someone else whos really "Lazzy" is easy to find 5 gems, and I can put alot efort in my gameplay and other ppl cant do nothing!

Or it is better that u remove building suits for Operators, just let the players to buy them like arcanes u made that will have more sense.

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We are making some changes to Calda, Sola, and Vega Toroid Acquisition to simply act as an added chance / change of scenery for acquiring Toroids. 

• Calda Toroids have a 20% chance to drop from Scyto Raknoids.
  • Sola Toroids have a 20% chance to drop from Kyta Raknoids.
  • Vega Toroids have a 1% chance to drop from Mite Raknoids.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you read my thread.

Thank you, so so much for making an essential resource much less rare than it already was. I can now farm the bloody things better.

Great hotfix.

is it possible you can revert this hotfix so the colors still mix on stuff? but this time make it a toggle option or something for people who dont like it? I started using a red and blue energy color mix on alot of my frames cause the combo would make a blue pinkish shimmer and i really liked it being on the warframes and syandanas. I just think it sucks that you'd remove that kinda thing when you could potentially make it something that can be toggled. Please bring it back somehow !!

Could you please, please, PLEASE for the love of God nerf The Wolf! We just took around 20-30min to kill him. It's frickin' ridiculous! Since this is a limited timed event, it's insane to expect people to defeat him MULTIPLE times to build his weapon, when his spawn chance is random, and it is SO hard to kill him. I ended up running out of ammo on a weapon with a huge ammo maximum, and had to use like 5 ammo restores. Oh, and I was using a dps build of Mirage with a high dps weapon with mostly physical and crit damage. The fact that he's immune to status effects is alone ridiculous, but there is no way to prepare a build to fight him since his spawn is random, and any build designed to fight him is not going to work for everything else. It's just absurd, please do something about this. It's not a fun fight, it's just frustrating and tedious.

6 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

That sucks, oh well I thought I'd offer.

Yeah, thanks for the offer, I do appreciate it. Now if only DE offered to fix the spawning, heh 😉

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, lainverse said:

At the very top of the list are your teammates and ospreys of all kinds. They pop completely out of the left field and you can do nothing about that.

Definitely aware of that, hence my suggestion to make it so that Ogris rockets only explode on impact after traveling a minimum distance. I initially said 5m or more, but a travel distance of 12m might be better.

5 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

I think it would be nice to take things a bit further and have the different classes of weapons differentiate into battlefield roles a bit better. For example, following conventional tropes you might expect the Ogris or other launchers to be more directly effective against armored targets like dropships, coildrives, raknoids, and thumpers.

Totally agreed!

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Upvote 1

Still no fix for:

Randomly getting kicked from a squad into a solo mission. This is REALLY getting annoying. It's happened to me 3 times just today in only a few hours of play. Seriously, fix your S#&$, PLEASE!

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb MirageKnight:

*facepalm* 

That's because those weapons don't use explosive warheads or use a large explosion to kill things.

Thanks for underscoring how underwhelming Ogris is in comparison to some other weapons. A semi-auto trigger made the Ogris arguably more fun to use. That said, if you find yourself blowing up a lot because you're using an Ogris or similar weapon at close range...that's arguably on you for using those weapons badly.

Also, extra crit on a weapon designed to blow things up? Crits are about exploiting weakness in defenses to do extra damage. Ogris is a brute force weapon that does AoE damage, so no - absolutely not.

To DE:

Please give the Ogris a semi-auto trigger, give it slightly better damage, and make it so that the rocket only arms itself and explodes on contact after traveling at least 5m to minimize accidents due to misuse or some clueless idiot jumping in front of you.

Got the Plasmor when it came out and built a Catchmoon Kitgun 3-4 weeks ago. Also, at the risk of repeating myself, they don't use large explosions to kill things.

Maybe you should read the full conversation before making out of context statements starting with a sarcastic facepalm beign your introduction to the thematic, at least when you want to be more than a troll. In the original post  I listed 9 reasons as to why the Arca/Catchmoon (and others) are superior to the Ogris, you cherry picked exactly one and without ever having seen me play made a more eloquently put version of "git gud" out of it. That's not how constructive arguments work.

Also - if you can't see the similarities in function between two (or more) weapons that are both focused on low RoF, on high burst area (AoE) damage in medium distance just because one's blast/explosion scales "better" with energy color you should hold your fingers still for a few seconds before shooting another sarcastic out of context response and take your time to rethink the function of these weapons and the role they fill (as multi target, high burst damage weapons, etc.)

Zitat

Crits are about exploiting weakness in defenses to do extra damage.

That's a very DnD-esque, lore based view which doesn't match the actual role crits play in game balancing.
Hitting weakspots (e.g. headshot) is about exploiting weaknesses to do extra damage, crits are not.
(1) Critical hits are about providing a statistical element of uncertainty in order to tickle the high-risk high reward fantasy.
(2) As a part of Warframes mod progression system the (early) uncertainty can be reduced via crit chance mods (Point Strike etc.), (at the opportunity cost of flat damage like 90% mods) to produce more consistent damage (which then again becomes a new risk-reward element for a each new crit tier e.g. 100+x, 200+x, 300+x crit chance etc.) and
(3) crits ultimately transform into a tool for leveraging weapon power for those who have a few hundred or thousands of hours into this game (with maxed and primed mods), while not completely locking lower leveled players out of using the same weapon (that's what MR is for).

Ultimately >>for players who have unlocked all viable mods<< crit chance is definitely NOT "about exploiting weakness in defenses to do extra damage" (again: that's headshots etc. you're talking about), but function as a lever to balance direct (non-debuff) damage for lategame content. If the Ogris aims to be a weapon that remains post level 80 enemies crit damage WILL have to be buffed, this is not something 100 or even 200 base damage can solve if they're bound to a 5% crit rate.

• Woah 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sdric said:

Maybe you should read the full conversation before making out of context statements starting with a sarcastic facepalm beign your introduction to the thematic, at least when you want to be more than a troll. 

You might want to consider toning down the hostile, presumptuous attitude there.

I'm sorry that my "facepalm" remark got you riled up, but I had no intent of trolling you - only expressing a little exasperation and disagreement with what you had to say.

if you're convinced that I'm nothing more than a self-righteous troll, then I don't know what else to tell you...

1 hour ago, Sdric said:

That's not how constructive arguments work.

And personally attacking ME by calling me a troll for disagreeing with your post / argument is constructive?

Edited by MirageKnight

7 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Definitely aware of that, hence my suggestion to make it so that Ogris rockets only explode on impact after traveling a minimum distance. I initially said 5m or more, but a travel distance of 12m might be better.

Totally agreed!

I have used the Ogris a bit back in the early days 7 forma build with riven it's now mainly only a pull it out for fun weapon, I reckon 5 metres would be just right (16 feet) but then it would suck if you wanted to kill yourself with it, unless it had a secondary fire mode which removed SOD(Safe Operating Distance) from the Ogris, if that wasn't implemented then I reckon players should get on with it.

it's part of the fun of being in squad you scream get out of the way *insert squadmate name here* as they come back from an ammo run in a survival as they bullet jump into view the rocket is already on the way, then you blow yourself up, you go %$#& like you do and then you all laugh about it in squad while someone is reviving you. :tongue::laugh:

• Like 1

akbolto prime's still bugged or has a terrible artificial firerate cap after so long, do hope it gets fixed