Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE PLEASE dont take away the easter egg ephemera

OnzaFTW

21 hours ago, OmegaZero said:

I feel Spring Steps is a lazily-done eyesore anyways. At least make the eggs shatter or crack open with particles rather then fading away Wally-style. Can’t wait until they get removed.

Evidently, other people disagree. I am one of them, and so is the OP. It's likely not a permanent fixture, and is more of just a fun little "Happy holiday" addition. Of course they aren't going to put maximum effort into such a small addition, but at least they gave us something new. Heck, for a lot of people this will be the first Ephemera they get, so if anything it shows them what this new customization option can do.

From a logistical perspective, I don't understand the limited time content, seems like a lot of development effort to create something that has such a narrow scope, I don't particularly like the ephemera or bunny ears, but if you're going to spend dev time on it, seems silly to spend it on something few people will get to enjoy for a very limited amount of time. And above all, the more color palettes we could keep the better overall for fashion.

They are designed to be temporary, just like all of the other holiday themed gear for years. They probably won't let it be permanent simple because it contrasts the rest of the game decor and can be immersion breaking (if that's a concern of theirs). It's not My Little Pony Adventures, so the cutesy stuff doesn't really fit.

I wouldn't mind if they had an option to keep it permanently if it's invisible to other players. 😉

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

They are designed to be temporary, just like all of the other holiday themed gear for years. They probably won't let it be permanent simple because it contrasts the rest of the game decor and can be immersion breaking (if that's a concern of theirs). It's not My Little Pony Adventures, so the cutesy stuff doesn't really fit.

I wouldn't mind if they had an option to keep it permanently if it's invisible to other players. 😉

Exept any christmash weapon skin. These are used year round. But then you have the halloween skins, which cant be used year round. Consistency: DE doesn't do that.

1 minute ago, terrorBOOKs said:

Exept any christmash weapon skin. These are used year round. But then you have the halloween skins, which cant be used year round. Consistency: DE doesn't do that.

True, but I am pretty sure those festive skins can be recolored to hide most of the holiday themed aspects to them. The cosmetic items we're talking about aren't just an alternate pattern option. 

Can the Easter Ephemera be recolored with your energy color or are they constantly festive pastels? I never bothered to buy them, so I'm honestly asking.

• 1 year later...
On 2019-04-17 at 3:52 PM, OnzaFTW said:

Like for reals , take the bunny ears whenever you want but leave the easter egg ephemera 

Please

😞

On 2021-03-31 at 4:09 PM, (XBOX)rattlesnake2443 said:

I really like them and if they were left in the game id be fine with it I mean its not immersion breaking to have a hot pink titania prime so why not some bunny ears and eggs

Happens every year, people ask every year.  DE won't, because they hate fun. 

We can have wings, bats, and spider web ephemeras.  I don't see why we can't have eggs and bunny ears, mustaches, or pumpkin heads.   Pumpkin heads are actually great for hiding the faces of frames with bad/dumb helmets.   And the mustaches can really complete a look. 

Edited by Kingsmount

Honestly, I'd love the option to keep the holiday stuff, even if I have to pay plat and/or it only showed up for me. It's just fun to have some of it around, and would be interesting to play with combining holiday looks.

I wrote a haiku in response to this request

"No no no no no
No no no no no no no
No no no hell no"

Don't ask for this to be a general rule. EDIT: I'm responding more to the broader request to have seasonal/costume items become permanent, not just this specific one about the easter ephemera.

Instead, ask for an opt-in setting that lets us filter what we see. Once we have that, then you can start asking for seasonal/joke cosmetics to exist permanently. Players who don't want to stare at bunny ears, pumpkin heads or mustaches etc all day can simply go into their filter settings and toggle them off. Likewise for those stupid Hatsune Miku pigtails on that Octavia skin, or visually obnoxious wings/ephemeras/skins. Bonus points if we can choose to prohibit matchmaking with certain people based on similar filter criteria, so if you hate playing with X warframe in your party, you can filter them out so you're never matched with them in the public system.

Then you have the best of both worlds. You can live out whatever pumpkin bunny fantasy you have, and the rest of the community doesn't have to put up with it.

Edited by Xarteros