Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime lost all energy effects

Grethorian

I noticed this too.  It's also a problem on Ivara.  She has completely lost her energy on her "skirt" since the "fix."  For all but the Astrea skin (which I use) this means her skirt is literally gone because it was purely energy color particle effects.  On Astrea, it still looks much worse.

The secondary energy color fix broke a lot of warframe energy effects it seems, and even when it works it is barely noticeable on all but a few rare examples (like the Limbo Limina skin that DE made sure to highlight when they pushed this live in the feedback topic).  Honestly, I'm not sure how well-planned this was considering it broke so much that was functional to give us so little, but since it's here now I just hope they fix these particles soon.  I didn't buy Tennogen only for it to suddenly look shoddy and missing half its effects.

2 hours ago, GitGud66 said:

Just here to confirm this is true for me too, all energy colors are missing from Valkyr with all helmets and skins.

Well, besides changing how we could color the textures they made a new set for most items. Thus they deployed new emissive texture files for all the items in game (imagine each skin for each Warframe, weapon, attachment + Prime, etc.), as these are a file of their own (check the TennoGen files if you want to see how they are).

So the issues can't be for a single person, it's for everyone.

6 hours ago, KatalystPrime said:

I actually made a post about this before this hot fix, DE doesn't care. They haven't even looked at the Art and Animations forums sections. There were dozens of posts (even now) calling these 2 bugs out. Nothing. 

Well, I've had and seen issues go on for months and even years. It's not they don't care but the subforum feels abandoned sometimes -- I know for a fact that once they know they try to work on the issues ASAP, but usually that takes a PM or a Tweet to the relevant people. A really bad modus operandi IMO.