The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the "lose all your points when you f**k up after doing a trick"

Signs

I think someone mentioned that you keep the standing even though it looks like you lost it. Either way the system for breaking combos is dumb as rocks. All it takes is essentially dropping down from a sidewalk's height to break your combo, even though you didn't #*!% up, all you did was go down a very small distance without performing a trick.

• Like 2

I don't even mind the idea of "you screwed up, lose your combo". I have a problem with "screwing up" triggering after making a slight jump off a tiny rock that in no way inconvenienced the ride or slowed me down at all. It's way too sensitive.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Trase-Kor said:

I don't even mind the idea of "you screwed up, lose your combo". I have a problem with "screwing up" triggering after making a slight jump off a tiny rock that in no way inconvenienced the ride or slowed me down at all. It's way too sensitive.

Well, that's hitboxes for you.

Even the tiniest fraction of one smacking against a random rock will send you flying.

Edited by mac10smg-ToaOfGreen

7 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Well, that's hitboxes for you.

Even the tiniest fraction of one smacking against a random rock will send you flying.

The problem here isn't getting sent flying. The problem is dropping down from a 1 millimeter height difference will break your combo even though you didn't crash, but the game saw you did an "empty jump", so #*!% your combo.

Edited by AXCrusnik

47 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

The problem here isn't getting sent flying. The problem is dropping down from a 1 millimeter height difference will break your combo even though you didn't crash, but the game saw you did an "empty jump", so #*!% your combo.

Hm...that specifically hasn't happened to me yet, guess I kinda misinterpreted what was being said.

That aside though, I do have that problem of being sent flying even when it looked like I landed perfectly, usually when I'm boosting. It is analogous to your problem, just a lot more dramatic.

It breaks when I don’t even touch a rock. Like a slight shift in the ground. Like a super minor speed bump that is pretty much everywhere. DE would have to basically smooth out the entire ground of Vallis in order for me to not break my combos. Glad DE decided to make the races better. But I hate the complete every race challenge. Wish DE would make there be some sort of marker on my map for every single race that I’ve completed. So that any other ones I encounter, I would know if I’ve done them. Especially with how random these races spawn. Sometimes they’re there. Sometimes they’re not. 

And no, those permanent markers don’t work because there isn’t enough to mark every race location on top of the fact they are so random DE can’t expect me to remember each of their locations. Multiple times I’m trying to complete bounties when I encounter them and don’t have the time to complete the race without failing the bounty. I also have ADHD so just flying around until I see one is not going to work either. I would rather hunt birds in the plains than look for race tracks.