Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is the "coming soon: devstream #127" thread?

LastExceed

Question

Devstreams are ecery second friday and theres always a "coming soon" thread 2 days in advance where we can ask questions that we'd like to be addressed on stream. However the thread for tomorrows stream is missing (or i just cant find it)

24 answers to this question

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Eastern Holidays from today until Tuesday

3 hours ago, Pr1A said:

Probably postponed because of Easter holidays.

Really, now?, do the holidays affect the UK as well?, or is this some holiday only for certain places 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Really?...

this might sound crazy, but just hear me out. DE are Humans, not machines, and therefore they need breaks from time to time.. I know, I know, absolute madness right? why don't they just work forever? it would be so much better for all of us!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

this might sound crazy, but just hear me out. DE are Humans, not machines, and therefore they need breaks from time to time.. I know, I know, absolute madness right? why don't they just work forever? it would be so much better for all of us!

I feel like that was way too much for something way too little and not even deserve of this kinda response xD 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, krabbie229 said:

Did DE confirm this? Also eastern is sunday and monday

Seems in Canada they observe Easter bank holidays similar to the UK and also have Good Friday off.

"Statutory holidays are New Year's Day, Good Friday (Easter), Canada Day, Labour Day and Christmas Day - these days are celebrated nationwide and are paid days off for employees. Federally regulated employees also get Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Thanksgiving and Boxing Day off and it is common practice, however not required, for non-federal employees to get these holidays off as well".

9 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Believe it or not, software developers take holidays too. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Alright, this was not necessary, but I'll take your word for it.

I'm just surprised that Easter is counted as a holiday, of all things, for all holidays, like "Good Friday" ,etc.

9 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

holidays are New Year's Day, Good Friday (Easter), Canada Day, Labour Day and Christmas Day - these days are celebrated nationwide and are paid days off for employees. Federally regulated employees also get Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Thanksgiving and Boxing Day off and it is common practice, however not required, for non-federal employees to get these holidays off as well".

I can understand New Year/Xmas holidays, that reach out to Thanksgiving and Boxing day, but the others sound a bit off, I assume this goes for other places?, cuz IIRC UK doesn't have such days, besides "Bank Holidays"

Not really up to speed with holidays and such, lately. (cuz well, I don't need to worry about them)

DE has big issues with basic communication on a regular basis - it's nothing new - unfortunately.

We would think that after years in this business they would have learned it by now - but no they still haven't.

Devstreams are always two weeks apart - except when they are not - and don't expect DE to inform its gaming community long before after it was supposed to have happened - and forget about them telling you about the reason that caused the delay in the first place like a good communication employee.

I have suggested numerous of times that DE should just use their own digital calendar on this forum to write down the dates of the next 3 Devstreams for everyone to see, but they don't really read the forums anymore and acting on feedback was something they did when they first launched the game years ago, because they were desperate not to fail and they had to listen. Now that time has gone - today is quite different.

I think DE is scared to do a Devstream now, because they have nothing to show and that leaves a lot of room for its gaming community to focus on all the bad stuff they have been jamming down our throats - spoiler alert - it's a lot.

26 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I think DE is scared to do a Devstream now, because they have nothing to show and that leaves a lot of room for its gaming community to focus on all the bad stuff they have been jamming down our throats - spoiler alert - it's a lot.

If anything, they'll handle it like they always do. 

A one-liner, a sarcastic passive-aggressive comment by one of the team, and an attempt to pacify the crowd with a new shiny where surprise surprise, the grind isn't too bad. 

Rinse and repeat, and life goes on. 

4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Alright, this was not necessary, but I'll take your word for it.

I'm just surprised that Easter is counted as a holiday, of all things, for all holidays, like "Good Friday" ,etc.

No.  It was necessary.     

Q.  Why no dev stream this friday

A.  Probably Easter holidays

There is nothing further to this.    If you have some sort of moral issue with it well then I really can't take you seriously considering you are playing a game about using child soldiers to murder people you don't agree with.

On 2019-04-18 at 4:00 PM, Chappie1975 said:

No.  It was necessary.     

Q.  Why no dev stream this friday

A.  Probably Easter holidays

There is nothing further to this.    If you have some sort of moral issue with it well then I really can't take you seriously considering you are playing a game about using child soldiers to murder people you don't agree with. 

it wasn't, there's no reason to go into paragraphs about how DE are people, we all know this, in most other communities they'll just say something like "they're probably on break for easter" but some of you people feel the need to attack people for small things all the time. not all workers take holidays during easter

On 2019-04-18 at 3:49 PM, Shadow-Spawn said:

DE has big issues with basic communication on a regular basis - it's nothing new - unfortunately.

We would think that after years in this business they would have learned it by now - but no they still haven't.

Devstreams are always two weeks apart - except when they are not - and don't expect DE to inform its gaming community long before after it was supposed to have happened - and forget about them telling you about the reason that caused the delay in the first place like a good communication employee.

I have suggested numerous of times that DE should just use their own digital calendar on this forum to write down the dates of the next 3 Devstreams for everyone to see, but they don't really read the forums anymore and acting on feedback was something they did when they first launched the game years ago, because they were desperate not to fail and they had to listen. Now that time has gone - today is quite different.

As far as I've seen they always update their stream-thread with info about if it's been post-poned and why. Lately it's mostly been due to all hands on work on big patches/events, but also Reb being sick. 

As for this week it was said on several livestreams beforehand, and they probably thought it was obvious that they would not be in office during the holidays.

As for nothing to show, lol, I'm pretty sure there are plenty to show, but as with all things wip they may not be sure exactly when they are ready to show it. Things can be working great one day, and be completely broken the next, that's just development in a nutshell. Tbh they don't even have to show much, as they could just for once focus on answering more questions from the community, or let loose Steves rambling about anything and everything until he reveal things he shouldn't. 

On 2019-04-18 at 6:49 AM, Shadow-Spawn said:

but they don't really read the forums anymore and acting on feedback was something they did when they first launched the game years ago, because they were desperate not to fail and they had to listen. Now that time has gone - today is quite different.

they ask for feedback often.

All the bad stuff they have been jamming down our throats - spoiler alert - it's a lot.

I half disagree. Nothing great and nothing terrible atm. We're gonna be in the annual content drought soon, so that'll suck. 

I think DE is scared to do a Devstream now, because they have nothing to show.

BINGO!!!

On 2019-04-18 at 4:00 PM, Chappie1975 said:

.    If you have some sort of moral issue with it well then I really can't take you seriously considering you are playing a game about using child soldiers to murder people you don't agree with.

This made me laugh more then it should have lol