Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot update warframe, just an error screen

Blazmatic

Question

Hello, for about the past week when I try to launch warframe I receive an update failed msg.   

"Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

The update will be restarted shortly..."

I've logged a job with support and uploaded the log files and I'm awaiting their response, in the meantime, does anyone know how to fix this issue because I want to play warframe.

Everything else appears to be working perfectly on the network and pc's at home.  It's only warframe that has the issue.  All other PC and console games work without issue which rules out network issues.

Kind regards

BlazGaming

18 answers to this question

On 2019-04-18 at 9:02 AM, BlazGaming said:

Hello, for about the past week when I try to launch warframe I receive an update failed msg.   

"Update failed!

I've logged a job with support and uploaded the log files and I'm awaiting their response, in the meantime, does anyone know how to fix this issue because I want to play warframe.

Everything else appears to be working perfectly on the network and pc's at home.  It's only warframe that has the issue.  All other PC and console games work without issue which rules out network issues.

Kind regards

BlazGaming

Can you fix it?

@Cr0Ww0@BlazGaming, @Mulcard

Some potential fixes I have seen posted.

Try changing the language on the launcher to a region very different to your own and then restart the launcher. I don't know for sure but I suspect you can get connected to a different patch server this way.

Try turning off aggressive and bulk download in the launcher options.

I saw a post yesterday where somebody said that turning off GPU acceleration in the launcher options helped speed up their download.

If DE apply the same DDOS protection to their patch servers as they do to the game servers that might be blocking you. Visit www.whatismyip.com and note down your current IP address. Power off your modem/router for a couple of hours and then check your IP again to see if it has changed. Repeat until it does.

Lastly, try a VPN.

1 hour ago, Shalath said:

Try changing the language on the launcher to a region very different to your own and then restart the launcher. I don't know for sure but I suspect you can get connected to a different patch server this way.

I saw a post yesterday where somebody said that turning off GPU acceleration in the launcher options helped speed up their download.

If DE apply the same DDOS protection to their patch servers as they do to the game servers that might be blocking you. Visit www.whatismyip.com and note down your current IP address. Power off your modem/router for a couple of hours and then check your IP again to see if it has changed. Repeat until it does.

Lastly, try a VPN.

I tried everything . I tried vpn but win 8.1 not supported vpn.

Edit:"Power off your modem/router for a couple of hours and then check your IP" İs worked thank you so much

Edited by Cr0Ww0

On 2019-04-19 at 9:24 AM, Shalath said:

Lastly, try a VPN.

Thank you so much.😍

On 2019-04-19 at 5:24 PM, Shalath said:

Lastly, try a VPN.

it didn't work 

2 hours ago, BlazGaming said:

it didn't work 

Did you try powering off the modem until you got a new IP address? I had a suspicion the DDOS protection was the cause and doing this bit fixed it for both others.

Another potential cause could be your antivirus if it has a firewall component so if yours does you could try turning that off as a test.

On 2019-04-22 at 11:17 PM, Shalath said:

Did you try powering off the modem until you got a new IP address? I had a suspicion the DDOS protection was the cause and doing this bit fixed it for both others.

Another potential cause could be your antivirus if it has a firewall component so if yours does you could try turning that off as a test.

did all of that, even went on mobile and I still had problems

*update 1:

disabled auto proxy on windows 10 home 64bit . now it works again. you all might want to give it a try.

same problem. unable to patch/update. sent a ticket, no response yet.

I've tried:

restart modem, changed IP, port forward warframe on modem, reinstalled warframe, flush dns, verifying and optimizing via launcher, disabled bulk and aggressive download, launch warframe launcher as admin, allow warframe on firewall.

Edited by ziant1207

En 18/4/2019 a las 1:02, BlazGaming dijo:

"Update failed!

Kind regards

BlazGaming

the launcher have an option that repair the game

I still have the same issue tried pretty much everything on zendesk and forums

as far as I understand if nothing worked then your IP or some addresses from that IP group are blacklisted by DE's servers or servers of the solution partners (if they have any), it's a false positive of course since there's a new event which will last 3 days and people naturally rush to it

this usually happens when they deploy something new I don't understand how that works tbh, happened to me before cleared out in a few hours but this time it's been 2 days.

Support is known to be slow, they are allways swamped.

Edited by Guest

On 2019-05-12 at 11:40 PM, Thoogah said:

I still have the same issue tried pretty much everything on zendesk and forums

as far as I understand if nothing worked then your IP or some addresses from that IP group are blacklisted by DE's servers or servers of the solution partners (if they have any), it's a false positive of course since there's a new event which will last 3 days and people naturally rush to it

this usually happens when they deploy something new I don't understand how that works tbh, happened to me before cleared out in a few hours but this time it's been 2 days.

Support is known to be slow, they are allways swamped.

having the same question. Did all i could still get nothing