Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations Revisited

[DE]Connor

Hail Tenno.

Your path has led here. Prove yourself.

Arbitrations have existed in Warframe for just over 6 months - these endgame mission variations put new twists on our tried-and-true mission formula, offering players a level of challenge they cannot find anywhere else in the game. Now that we have had time to observe how these missions fare in players’ hands, we have prepared some tweaks meant to address common complaints with the mode.

The most polarizing of these issues is Arbitrations’ lack of revives. Adding real consequences to death was somewhat of a new sensation in Warframe, and while we would like to retain some of that tension, the fact of the matter is that being dead is not fun. Permadeath also caused issues with host migration, since a dead host may be inclined to leave early, potentially throwing squadmates into disarray. Therefore, we will be implementing a new system where dead players can be revived - but your squadmates will have to earn it.

When these changes go live next week on PC (and consoles in the near future), the rules of Arbitration death will be a little different: players are still killed with no bleedout timer, but a revive tower will be placed at the player’s spot of death. If any squadmate is awaiting revive, the Arbitration drones will begin dropping unique pickups known as a “Resurgence Burden”. These pickups function similar to Index points (otherwise known as “Financial Stress”), debuffing the players who carry them. 

Warframe0284edit.jpg

In order to revive a player, 5 of these Resurgence Burdens must be taken to their tower simultaneously. These 5 pickups can be delivered by one or multiple squadmates, but cannot be “dropped off” at the tower - it’s all or nothing!

We hope that this system bridges the gap between players who crave hardcore consequences, and those who were put off by the prospect of permadeath. Since this shifts the mission balance in favor of players, we plan to compensate by making enemies scale at the rate they do in other mission (instead of the reduced rate of scaling that Arbitrations have now).

Finally, we wanted to give players who have already mastered Arbitrations a reason to come back. Therefore, we will be adding a new reward mentioned long ago - Archgun Rivens will be available for purchase using Vitus Essence! Expect a few new cosmetic rewards as well.

Thanks everyone for reading - we hope you look forward to revamped Arbitrations. 

You are on the verge of a new truth. May this help your journey. 

...And, anything about how tedious and drawn-out feeling a lot of the mission types are?

At least level scaling being normal is probably good news for the people who really really wanted to fight extremely high level things. I'm not one of those, but at least they'll have something now.

Oh thank god for the revival thingies, but, what if I don't want to carry any revival points? Will there be a way to ignore them instead of automatically pick them up? I don't want to sacrifice health and shields when I don't want to.. 

Archgun rivs huh... Well, we'll see how those turn out.

The 10 mins reward needs to gooo

5 mins/wave is long enough its not like endo and sculptures are good anyway the onle usefull thing is the vitus essence new mods are needed for this mod to be anything of an "end game"

Also buffing strenth on frames that dont need strenth and would rather have range should be looked at

...No changes to the fact that they feel unrewarding as heck due to the 10 minute rotations? Hmm... Still no reason to go back then, I suppose. Impressive how hard it is these days to give people what they want, which is FUN. I'm disappointed by that, but I'm not surprised.

The main issue I have with Arbitrations isn't the reward or even the permadeath (outside of host migration problems it causes), it's how all the game modes are not equal in terms of rewards. Right now there's little to no point doing any arbitration mission type outside of interception and excavation, due to everything else being much slower. 

It would be great to see everything on a level plane in terms of reward rates, preferably brought in line with excavation rather than nerfed down to Defection level. 

3 minutes ago, SSI_Seraph said:

Can anything be done about the spawns in solo Survival arbitrations too? It seems really hit or miss with some maps rn.

That's something people have been complaining about for literal years now (solo spawn counts in general).

Don't hold your breath, is my advice.

Can my kavat pick these Resurgence Burdens up and revive me? 😂 Looks like I'll stick to the dead and done aspect of Arbitration. At least better enemy scaling might finally make this more fun and not have to go more than an hour to get there. 

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

...No changes to the fact that they feel unrewarding as heck due to the 10 minute rotations? Hmm... Still no reason to go back then, I suppose. Impressive how hard it is these days to give people what they want, which is FUN. I'm disappointed by that, but I'm not surprised.

So, what would be rewarding? more difficult enemies with shorter wave times or are you suggesting the wave times should be reduced with all the rewards and enemy levels as they are? 

Now can we get someone to look at the incraments we get rewards at? 10 min or 10 waves is just to long for just 1 A reward and 30 min or 30 waves for 1 A, 1 B, and only 1 C reward? Excavation missions can get rewards much faster as well so what point is there to doing surv, defection, or defense if excavation can get 1 reward about 4 min faster than a Surv, defense, or defection

I'm very curious as to why the burden of hosting missions is still placed on the player rather than on DE at this junction. I'm going to safely assume that the lack of hardware is probably the biggest leader, however, does DE plan to move towards taking the burden off players?

I feel like this change is not a fix, but rather another bandaid to a larger issue (the issue mentioned above).

If hosting is removed from the players, this removes the need for crutches such as this, as well as, help alleviate other host migration issues in other modes.

Again, I'm sure it's not something can happen overnight, but I'm wondering if this is even in the long-term roadmap.

57 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

In order to revive a player, 5 of these Resurgence Burdens must be taken to their tower simultaneously. These 5 pickups can be delivered by one or multiple squadmates, but cannot be “dropped off” at the tower - it’s all or nothing!

Personally this wouldn't make me revive any other player that dies, if they die it's on them. I Don't like that you pick the burdens automatically if you walk over them accidentally, this happens often in Index and the enemy concentration is very low there. So basically this makes me less likely to want to play with anyone else I don't know.

Also rivens are a mistake that you keep making and getting deeper into it, seriously what's next? warframe rivens?

ehhh arbitrations are long and boring, that's my problem with them, not revives.
If i die, i can just go start the next arbitration. the rotations hardly have much difference in them, and that's at maximum <8 minutes loss (who plays survival anyway, always excav/intercept)

making it tougher makes it hardly more appealing.

And i fear this teammate revive thing opens up lot of opportunity for saltiness
People are going to start howling in chat to be revived, over and over again.

Archived