Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations Revisited

[DE]Connor

I feel like a bigger concern for arbitration was and is the fact it is survival and defense are not worth doing compared to interception and excavation. You get more rewards quicker in excavation and interception than you would on defense and survival. Keep the modifiers for survival with halved life support on towers and capsules but rewards should be around 5 minutes like every other survival mission. Defense will always be the longest even if you reduced it back to 5 waves. Endgame shouldn't be about how long you stay in a mission is my take on it.

2 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

make sure the dispositions are well tested so u dont have to nerf later

You know how rivens work, right? Depending on their popularity it will always be changed, regardless of when it's released.

These are nice additions, but can you please add an Arbitration mode that double the number of enemies but also reduce by half the time you get the rewards? (one each rotation instead of each second one, basically)

This way the overall difficulty shouldn't be affected that much but the time one have to dedicate is halved.

And what happens if I pick up a resurgence burden by accident when I don't want (or the dead squadmate doesn't want) to do the revival? That is the only thing that slightly bothers me.

That aside, looks nice. Good job.

1 minute ago, AnActualFrog said:

So, what would be rewarding? more difficult enemies with shorter wave times or are you suggesting the wave times should be reduced with all the rewards and enemy levels as they are? 

Yeah, 5 minute loops. Game works like that everywhere else. A 10 minute investment is not "difficult", "challenging" or "fun", it's just a rip-off. Making the loops be 5 minutes would make it good for both short term investment (hey, I need a statue, I'll do 5 minutes of Arbies) and long term investment (hey, I did 60 minutes, came out with a crapton of Endo, as well as these other rewards). They want to draw more eyes onto this mode, just make it work like normal ones, instead of being stingy with it.

ok actually i like this changes i didnt see that ur bumping up the enemy scaling
so just the new rewards would be wort it and can we plz get rewards every 5 waves /5 min /1 wave of interception that would be my only complaint with it
BUT i dislike the Revive changes ITS SUPPOSE TO BE HARD
ITS LIKE THIS GAME HAS NO END game and we need it theres so much new player stuff in this game and like nothing for the hardcore players

Just now, Tenoko said:

You know how rivens work, right? Depending on their popularity it will always be changed, regardless of when it's released.

what makes a weapon popular ? if op then its popular simple 

just trying to avoid some back stab nerf

For double the work, endo and Sculptures do not feel rewarding enough to suffer through 30 waves/minutes.

The rewards are too minimal for continued interest, and the mods that should drop next to never do.

The reward system needs to be looked at, either giving a more minor reward at each interval between rotations or give us greater rewards for the double time we're currently doing.

Will these little tokens be marked on the minimap and/or HUD? The financial things in the Index can be hard to see on the ground, and that's out in the open with no enemies nearby.

And what about the real problem with Arbitration: the duration/time it takes until you get rewards? Can we revert that back to 5 waves / 5 minutes / 1 towers worth / 1 excavator? That's the change that will really get people playing the game mode.

Perma-death just makes everyone go tanks and now you're doing something to address that, but the real crux is the mission length/time investment.

So you chose to add a toxic element that can't be avoided to arbitrations? Now people will demand to get revived (even if they aren't contributing) and we can't even simply ignore them thanks to the debuffing effect you forced upon us? It seems premades or solo will be the only way that mode is bearable in the future.

And combine all that with an increased enemy scaling, while rewards will still stay as slow as they are already? Can we choose to keep the old system?

If you are adding additional rivens... What about that increase of riven capacity for all the people who are capped?

Edit:

Thinking some more about it. You created a system where a player dying is now worse for the other players than it currently is. The debuff can lead to a squadwipe thanks to decreased survivability of the players who didn't die. How did you consider this a good choice? Dead players now are a burden to the team.

11 minutes ago, Ely.I said:

Personally this wouldn't make me revive any other player that dies, if they die it's on them. I Don't like that you pick the burdens automatically if you walk over them accidentally, this happens often in Index and the enemy concentration is very low there. So basically this makes me less likely to want to play with anyone else I don't know.

Also rivens are a mistake that you keep making and getting deeper into it, seriously what's next? warframe rivens?

While they may have revisited some things that really needed it and perhaps better (kuva, os terrible spawn, eh?), rivens aren't that bad if they keep the balance between popularity vs usefulness.
I agree though: the day they'll introduce rivens for frames it's the day I'll unistall and never look back ever again lol.

It'll basically mean admitting that some frames aren't as good compared to others wich is something that they never wanted (but is sadly happening clearly).

11 minutes ago, Ely.I said:

Personally this wouldn't make me revive any other player that dies, if they die it's on them. I Don't like that you pick the burdens automatically if you walk over them accidentally, this happens often in Index and the enemy concentration is very low there. So basically this makes me less likely to want to play with anyone else I don't know.

Also rivens are a mistake that you keep making and getting deeper into it, seriously what's next? warframe rivens?

I 100% agree with this. Picking these up automatically will make me not play this game mode. If a blueberry dies, why should I suffer for it? Also, DE need to get rid of rivens, it’s taken over the game. 

When will you add new riven slots? I can't collect new buffed riven mods without gifting or destroying my own actual riven mods. Then i can't collect new free archgun riven mods because i've no space. It's RIDICOLOUS. I'd use my platinums to buy new slots but I CAN'T. 

1 minute ago, diaversai said:

I agree with a lot of the other posters here. I don't do arbitrations because they feel boring and tedious. Defense especially is a major drag.  Would much prefer normal rotation timers. 

Defense? Dear God, what about Survival? At least defense can be rushed over at the beginning :P

Archived