On 2019-04-22 at 8:23 PM, --END--Rikutatis said:

OR... you can learn about one of the dozens of different ways that already exist in the game to completely strip armor without using 4x CP auras. Or simply completely ignore armor by building for bleed procs.

Yeah I know that is possible, it's just not something I consider fun to do every single time. I'd like to just head into a mission with whatever I've got (assuming multi-forma'd gear and a riven or 2) and atleast have an enjoyable experience for the first 1 or 2 reward cycles. Grineer just isn't close to that at all.

I know I can easily kill stuff with finishers and covert lethality, trinity's link augment and going full tank melee-mode, octavia in general, high status weapons, 100% status shotguns, saryn's spores... the list goes on.

The problem here is that I somehow feel extremely limited in my possible "effective" playstyles against grineer or just armored targets in general. I know these builds can take me into long endurance runs if done correctly, but that's just not how I like to play. I tend to go for around an hour maximum just because of time constraints or lack of reason to continue.

If I were to take top-tier builds on weapons and frames that do not have some inherent armor-strip advantage, grineer feel like this extremely sluggish and frustrating enemy to fight. I can stay alive just fine, but they soak up way too many shots. I'd just like this to be a little more equalized between factions. Sure grineer can be tankier than others, but the difference currently is just rediculous to the point where I skip every single grineer arbitration just because I don't feel like dealing with that s***.

TL:DR;

Optimized armor-stripping builds are fine for long-term, but at the very least the first 10 minutes shouldn't feel significantly worse than all other factions to fight against just because their scaling is through the roof. What I meant here is that I just want armor scaling dialed down and more equalized across the board, but still relevant for specialized builds and more endurance-orientated runs. To such a degree that an effective elemental combo (corrosive/radiation) can make the grineer similar to other factions at the start, but slowly start out-tanking them in the long term... which is when you'll need armor-stripping.

EDIT: Yes I realized I responded like a month later, but I never noticed the notification until now somehow.

Edited by ZizWing