Posted (edited)
On 2019-04-22 at 8:23 PM, --END--Rikutatis said:

OR... you can learn about one of the dozens of different ways that already exist in the game to completely strip armor without using 4x CP auras. Or simply completely ignore armor by building for bleed procs.

Yeah I know that is possible, it's just not something I consider fun to do every single time. I'd like to just head into a mission with whatever I've got (assuming multi-forma'd gear and a riven or 2) and atleast have an enjoyable experience for the first 1 or 2 reward cycles. Grineer just isn't close to that at all.

I know I can easily kill stuff with finishers and covert lethality, trinity's link augment and going full tank melee-mode, octavia in general, high status weapons, 100% status shotguns, saryn's spores... the list goes on.

The problem here is that I somehow feel extremely limited in my possible "effective" playstyles against grineer or just armored targets in general. I know these builds can take me into long endurance runs if done correctly, but that's just not how I like to play. I tend to go for around an hour maximum just because of time constraints or lack of reason to continue.

If I were to take top-tier builds on weapons and frames that do not have some inherent armor-strip advantage, grineer feel like this extremely sluggish and frustrating enemy to fight. I can stay alive just fine, but they soak up way too many shots. I'd just like this to be a little more equalized between factions. Sure grineer can be tankier than others, but the difference currently is just rediculous to the point where I skip every single grineer arbitration just because I don't feel like dealing with that s***.

TL:DR;

Optimized armor-stripping builds are fine for long-term, but at the very least the first 10 minutes shouldn't feel significantly worse than all other factions to fight against just because their scaling is through the roof. What I meant here is that I just want armor scaling dialed down and more equalized across the board, but still relevant for specialized builds and more endurance-orientated runs. To such a degree that an effective elemental combo (corrosive/radiation) can make the grineer similar to other factions at the start, but slowly start out-tanking them in the long term... which is when you'll need armor-stripping.

EDIT: Yes I realized I responded like a month later, but I never noticed the notification until now somehow.

Edited by ZizWing

Well, i have spent quite a bit of time in Arby's. Here is one of my latest thoughts. The revive option is much better than I expected. I had planned to set empathy aside and carry on w do not die, I am busy. But, it is only a tiny inconvenience and a somewhat fun side challenge.  What I see as a problem,(Ps4 build) when you die, you have almost no clue if people are even trying, or if they are anywhere near your area, or if they even know what to do. Also people quit when they do the math and are not instantly revived seeing 5, because they have no clue on the progress of players w tokens approaching at the same time from possibly anywhere in the map.I do not know if it was intentional to not show who is trying to help or not, but it is enough of an inconvenience when you make the effort and the person quits just before you arrive. I have also wondered if by participating in a revive, should you die, you would require one less revive token. It could be a tiny incentive. I dont think it is necessary but maybe interesting to hear feedback from other players. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)jockhotty said:

Well, i have spent quite a bit of time in Arby's. Here is one of my latest thoughts. The revive option is much better than I expected. I had planned to set empathy aside and carry on w do not die, I am busy. But, it is only a tiny inconvenience and a somewhat fun side challenge.  What I see as a problem,(Ps4 build) when you die, you have almost no clue if people are even trying, or if they are anywhere near your area, or if they even know what to do. Also people quit when they do the math and are not instantly revived seeing 5, because they have no clue on the progress of players w tokens approaching at the same time from possibly anywhere in the map.I do not know if it was intentional to not show who is trying to help or not, but it is enough of an inconvenience when you make the effort and the person quits just before you arrive. I have also wondered if by participating in a revive, should you die, you would require one less revive token. It could be a tiny incentive. I dont think it is necessary but maybe interesting to hear feedback from other players. 

I personally have not revived a single soul in the mode and treat it like it was before they made it possible to revive people. I make it a point to say that people will not be revived when they do die super early because they were stupid. Reviving in arbitration's is against the initial goal of the mode which was to have a one shot game mode and I will continue to play it as such even if DE chose to pander to the newbies who were dragged through the starchart to play the mode. Of course this is how I do it and you don't have to but you did ask for other opinions regardless so ther a go.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

I personally have not revived a single soul in the mode and treat it like it was before they made it possible to revive people. I make it a point to say that people will not be revived when they do die super early because they were stupid. Reviving in arbitration's is against the initial goal of the mode which was to have a one shot game mode and I will continue to play it as such even if DE chose to pander to the newbies who were dragged through the starchart to play the mode. Of course this is how I do it and you don't have to but you did ask for other opinions regardless so ther a go.

Haha, well, that was how I felt originally. I genuinely have had better matches lately and its not usually used. I do agree that the mode was coined as you stated, and there are a plethora of other things that people can do. I was really curious why they did it. They did say it has longer term goals, maybe the changes will make more sense in the future. I love the rewards, and that they add more stuff so I enjoy that aspect for sure!

I really like Arbies now. Scaling is much improved and within 30 mins, mobs are lvl 100+. You gotta keep bringing us good rewards (right now I only run Arbies for Adaptation and endo, which is fine). I suggest old Nightwave cosmetics, or something along those line. My other suggestion is to feature mini bosses every few rotations. They should scale well (i.e. not get one-shot by Redeemer or Catchmoon), hit hard, and drop a few interesting mods.

I really like Arbies on Jupiter, with Amalgams. Ran into a bug yesterday - the Arbie drones were invisible for some reason (mobs around them were invuln). Not sure if this was a connection problem. Please come up with additional uses for Hex (beyond Wisp and the few Amalgam weapons).

I suggest also using Orb Vallis and Kuva Fortress tilesets (interiors)! I'd love to face off against OV Corpus, they're the nastiest mofos in the game. Kuva Grineer are pretty fun to fight as well. Rewards should match the difficulty. Kuva tileset should give us Kuva, and OV tilest toroids maybe (but you'd need to create additional uses for toroids) or Hildryn bp's.

Posted (edited)

Thank you DE for the drop chance update as I finally got seeding step yesterday.. putting me only needing 1 more Emphera's from having the entire set..

Blazing Step still won't drop for me & im brunt out on warfrane & ESO trying to farm this thing of beauty..

Can I please have some RNG luck added to my account so it can finally drop if you give blazing step too me within the next few weeks i promise I won't say one bad thing or make 1 negative post on here for rest this year.....

That said if you can't add some RNG luck to my account can you please update us on when the ESO drop chance update is coming out?

I know you said it was coming.. but I would like to know how soon after tennocon we can expect it so I can prepare to either run eso or wait for the drop chance update as I'm planning on farming prime parts from relics and Aura forma's in Aberation..

I have 1 request though can you please reduce the cost of built forma's to build an aura forma?? 

Because 4 is way to much for someone like me who is still putting forma's into stuff it would be much appreciated thanks...

Edited by (PS4)ChiefsKingdom54

We will be watching how these changes play out as we plan to iterate further on the mode in the future, with our next review for Arbitrations focusing on reward pacing.” -[DE]DREW

So um... is there any news on Arbitrations iteration 2? Which will focus on reward pacing?