Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations Revisited

[DE]Connor

Ugh, more Rivens.

Are there any plans to allow the Vazarin school's instant revives to interact with this new revival system? Letting them completely bypass this new system might be a bit much, but allowing that skill to provide benefits would be great. Off the top of my head, maybe they only need one or two pickups to revive, or they don't suffer any negative consequences for carrying them, up until they've contributed to N revives.

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

We hope that this system bridges the gap between players who crave hardcore consequences, and those who were put off by the prospect of permadeath. Since this shifts the mission balance in favor of players, we plan to compensate by making enemies scale at the rate they do in other mission (instead of the reduced rate of scaling that Arbitrations have now).

so i can give up on ever seeing rewards from these things beyond rotation A ever again because the punishingly tedious "difficulty" spike is going to get even moreso if i continue to delude myself into thinking i'd ever be capable of even bothering with these missions in the first place, then, got it

19 minutes ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

And i fear this teammate revive thing opens up lot of opportunity for saltiness
People are going to start howling in chat to be revived, over and over again.

This is absolutely going to happen. Giving players meaningful consequences that can only be avoided by other players looking out for them, at real cost to themselves, is going to cause endless hurt feelings.

Will enemy density be addressed? Arbitration's aren't hard because you are never overwhelmed by enemies. It's a standard density of enemies and you only lose when you get one shot.

Also, will level variety be looked at? Excavation is the only real rewarding Arbitration, and I feel like other modes should be looked at to be more appealing to run.

Doesn't change that the game mode isn't fun to play, and addresses nothing about the serious time investment required to get meager, often poor rewards. Like, it won't even solve the problem that some hosts will just straight up leave anyway. The major thorn was that you'd often lose everything when that happened because of how awful host migrations are to this game.

Try again.

This doesn't fix Arbitrations in any way. They take too long to get rewarded, and the rewards aren't the best either. 
Being able to revive now only takes challenge off whats a good fight.

Remove the double rotation to get rewarded, and then it will get 100x times better

Just like the world and its mother, I agree the reward rotations should be normalised. Waiting 30 minutes only to get more endo for your C reward is incredibly frustrating, and considering how low the drop rates are for anything other than endo it should definitely not come around once every 10 minutes.

How the Vitus Essence drops at the moment however is fine for me. If the reward rotations were to return to normal I'd agree with either keeping them as a once every 10 minute reward or just doubling the prices of the stuff in the store. 

Oh yeah I might as well add these changes will still make Interceptions and Excavations (to a lesser extent) the best missions because they're the fastest, and crowd control doesn't care what level the enemies are. If you could make Survivals, Defenses, and especially Defections worth doing in addition to these current planned Arbitration changes, that'd be nice because otherwise I'm still going to be selectively napping my way through this challenging gamemode when an opportune one appears.

kthyx

neato, however:

• what if a Mission is in such a situation that the Players know that say, they can't Revive that Player now (or just straight up can't)? are these points going to end up littering the ground, sentencing any Player to surefire death by being forced to pick up things that they don't want right now (or at all)?
    • provided that, someone that is dead doesn't harass the remaining Players that Reviving them is of the utmost importance, in lieu of ensuring the Mission continues, the Objective doesn't fail, them dying themself, Et Cetera.
    • which is kinda like Index Points in a way then too - where Players can accidentally pick them up if they are close to the Enemy when it dies. (while inversely, the pickup Range on them is so small that if someone else wants to grab it, they need to come to a stop and carefully lick the ground to make sure that they get it)
    • basically, i hope that picking these things up is something that can't be done by accident, but is also not slow and Animation tied. as both of those are awful problems.
  • this doesn't change that a vast majority of Game Mechanics are just straight up disabled in Arbitrations, due to the Arbitration Drones. everybody goes for straight EHP and self applied Damage Buffs because everything else is just disabled
    • that's not really a way to have a diverse, interesting play experience. most Warframes having no purpose in being in Arbitrations in the first place if they aren't entirely themed around self Durability and self Damage Buffs.
    • not to mention that Arbitration Drones make also Enemies ignore certain Abilities entirely, ones that are applied to self vs the Enemies.
    • (yes, in theory the Abilities that Arbitration Drones purpose exist to punish for existing can still theoretically be used, but it's unreliable to expect them to be functional and ultimately easier to just play Arbitrations like you're playing OG Doom or something with just a pistol - hug Terrain or whatever else that will avoid bullets, and click on every Enemy with your Gun because that's what will work)
  • and lastly, the Reward Pools are longer, but not in an interesting way or anything. just longer Timers. 

on a side note here since it impacts Missions of this type - Spacekid being nerfed so that any Ability being active (yno, the things that Players always have some of in use, because it's, well, Warframe) disabling Warframe Immunity while you're in Spacekid is pretty awful.
not really very useful a tool if you're just gonna get Killed when you use it because your anchor isn't moving and taking Damage from any Enemy within the same zipcode as it.
which is also a great way to make the Community overall dislike using Spacekid for things even more, when simply using it is a punishment in the first place. Energy Drain Abilities did have some sort of reason, but all Abilities is quite ridiculous.
(not that it's even all, Warframe being inconsistent as usual and some Warframes are punished for existing while others don't really mind)

1 minute ago, DarkACB said:

please remove the timer on them. these missions shouldn't be locked behind a one use system with a 1 hour timer. what if i failed and wanted to try again? nope i have to wait for that.

If you fail you can redo the mission. It only locks you out if you complete at least one rotation.

@[DE]Connor Seeing as vitus essence farming cannot be boosted, can you guys consider making them earned as a mid interval reward? (between arbitratation rotations, 5 min, waves etc)

Also please lower the costs of the amber star bp, 100k credits per star is too much and imo it shouldn't require vitus essence to craft.

39 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

make sure the dispositions are well tested so u dont have to nerf later

Considering the stats of those archguns in atmosphere mode compared to most primaries , let alone the mods except those 120% elementals lmfao, they should have all the love they can get so yeah, they better do all their tricky maths and let 4/5 - 5/5 dispositions LIVE.

Afterall they were labeled as something extremely powerful for short amounts of combat time....( or something like that )

Nonetheless i love most of those guns, stats/mods aside

Neat change, will there be any way for Solo Players to use this new feature? Obviously we can't get these Burdens if we aren't alive to collect them, would it be possible to somehow activate these drops pre-death and have them be consumed when Reviving? I feel this would be automatically balanced since you'd need to be carrying 5 tokens to revive, which makes death more likely because of the reduction in Health/Shields/Energy

I mean woo hoo archgun rivens but why are they just tacked on to arbs? Are archguns that special that their rivens belong outside of sorties? Just move that pesky anasa over to arbs because thats the ayatan gamemode, and stick archgun rivens in sorties.

Archived