Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe not Resuming from Sleep correctly since update

(NSW)ohgodzilla

Since the most recent Planes of Eidolon Remaster update, every time I try to resume playing after having the console in sleep mode for a few hours, it hangs for a long time on the log in screen, and my Switch starts heating up (fans activating etc). 

After a while of waiting it will either force quit with "The Software has encountered an error" or say "Internal error has occurred" and let me log in. Once logged in however, I cannot join games with other players, and will eventually crash.

Restarting my Switch fixes the issue temporarily. Closing and Reopening Warframe sometimes fixes the issue, but it often hangs for up to 30 seconds while trying to close. 

Edited by (NSW)ohgodzilla

I thought I was the only one with this issue! It used to work just fine and load up pretty quick from sleep mode but now it just freezes up my switch. I also noticed the performance on the switch since the last update has gone down. I experience low frame rate that is really noticeable that I didn't have before the update, specifically when I'm playing in a squad and there's alot going on on screen. I hope this gets fixed.

I personally never leave my Switch on sleep mode for hours while Warframe is on so I never experienced this. Since you said this only started happening with the latest update I think as a temporary solution it’s better if you either close the game entirely if you plan on going afk for hours or just disable sleep mode. I have it disabled. 

Noticed this as well, ive just started closing the game entirely before I put the Switch into sleep mode, seems to mitigate the issue some, but ive also noticed that when I am either in a game session as host or as a guest if people join mid mission I get this few seconds of total freeze time, no motion, no sound, just like the game glitched & froze in place, was tempted to restart my switch the first few times it happened, but after about 30 seconds it catches up & everything just goes batsh!t crazy for a few seconds, swear if I could attach a benny hill soundtrack to this I'd make a fortune.

That aside between that & load times in general getting longer, I HAVE noticed I get far fewer host migration drops that caused all progress to be lost & no items gained or gifted in the event of a disconnect.

Same.  If I had the warframe app open prior to sleep, returning to the app used to reconnect to the servers with a normal boot up sequence.

After 8.0 it just hangs prior to loading into the game.  

Going back to Home menu to close the app after waking the Switch from sleep (with the app previously open) while it is hanging can also cause the Switch to stall for a few seconds before the app closes.

Personally, I began closing Warframe completely and doing the occasional Switch restart to mitigate Orb Crashis during the first fractures event.

Following this latest update, I only received the error message once, indeed followed by the weird hanging and lag issues while in a team. I am fairly confident this was after I failed to follow my normal method of closing the software when done playing, and it was fixed only when I rebooted the Switch. Closing the software and rebooting it did not fix anything. Error message was received again (at the final screen, where you see your Tenno kneeling) followed by more latency issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Tenno! Thanks to these reports, we've been able to reproduce this bug and are working on a fix! Just want to give you a heads up that our investigation of this issue will likely delay the upcoming update:

Still have the same problem after the last update. One thing has changed-now game loading stops on the screen with loading meter, before last update it usually stopped on character loading screen...

This has been an issue for me with almost every update. after update 24.8.1 it's been much worse. I put the switch into sleep mode, come back later after half hour or more, the game will stop loading around 60% into the screen with Hildryn on it. When I go back to the launch menu and try to close the game. the entire switch freezes. the only way to unfreeze is to hold power down for 12 seconds to reset the device.

I tried to archive the game and re-download to see if it was something to do with a local file state but no luck. If I forget to completely close the app after coming back form sleep, the entire switch freezes.

This needs a fix guys. A lot of times my console is hardcrashing when i accidentally  resume the game from sleep. The console will freeze, the whole thing starts heating up and the vents will go max speed. Hitting the homebutton does nothing and my only option is hardreset (walking up to the console, pressing the powerbutton for 15 seconds). I think this is really messed up and im a bit worried about my hardware. A lot of times i wake the console from sleep and walk away doing other things. Not sure what would happen if the console is stuck for 30 min in "hypermode".

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again everyone! Today's update included the fix for this issue:

Fixed issue where entering sleep mode with Warframe open would cause the Nintendo Switch to freeze

Thanks for your patience while we worked on bringing you guys a fix. Sleep Mode with Warframe shouldn't cause any more trouble!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...