Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help for the ColorBlind

WabbajackBlam

hello fellow tenno folk, i am here looking to help bring awareness to DE to help those who cant see certain colors, i have friends who are into this game and are color blind, protanopia to be exact, this specific form of colorblindness causes you to not be able to see reds and greens and any colors that are made from those, because of this many important parts of the game are difficult for those effected by this, i know you have the ui option to help but sadly this does not help in the few but very important parts its needed. For example the extraction point and target points are both red and green, making it very difficult for them to find the way out or who to take down usually causing them to need somebody else to guide them through a mission, as well as containers that require to be opened manually are hard for the to tell which is locked and which is unlocked being both are also, green and red. i am not looking for everything to be changed, just these little things, even tho they have to deal with this they say the game looks beautiful even in blues any yellows. sadly though i dont know how difficult it would be to change these little things but if possible to make them into colors more accessible to those who are color blind would be fantastic, maybe an option to change specific marker colors in the options or maybe have the new ui customization also effect points and objectives. I hope you can consider what i have said and hope even more that it can be added to the game, i want this to be the most fun possible for everybody who plays.   

Yours truly - a player that cares

Protanopia-Color-Spectrum.jpg

On 2019-04-19 at 3:58 AM, DeeDeetheSpy said:

I saw Tactical Potato talking about this. Really heart felt cry for change.

Serious question: I saw on youtube these people getting these special glasses that help the color blind. Does that not help this?

yes there are color correction glasses available to people who need them but they are usually very expensive and sometimes arent available due to being incredibly uncommon types of color blindness

On 2019-04-20 at 7:32 AM, WabbajackBlam said:

yes there are color correction glasses available to people who need them but they are usually very expensive and sometimes arent available due to being incredibly uncommon types of color blindness

ahh, I got ya. That sucks.

• 1 month later...

I feel really bad walking out of the plains and vallis with more mined gems and ore than my girlfriend. Helping her unlock nodes as we speak because she can't see which are blue or white. I'm seriously hope that DE addresses this color blind issue by implementing a colorblind mode option in the game.