Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations need even further changes

BlachWolf

As we've all seen new arbitrations changes will be coming. Enemy scaling will be normalize, you'll be able to revive you're allies by collecting points dropped by drones, those points will act like financial stress from the index and rivens will be added as a reward. All in all I think those changes arent bad, but I in my opinion more difficulty is needed, especially since they're marketing it as an endgame mission type.

Arbitrations have been lackluster since they've came out, this changes while welcome wont really make the game mode that much more challenging then a normal axi fissure. Because of that I would like to suggest these changes:

• Damage: Either set the scaling to t4 or introduce a new drone that boosts the damage of up to five enemies by 300% (enemies can only be boosted by one drone).
  • Revives: While revives will now be possible, from my point of view you should be punished for dying. Because of that I would add a timer (30s for example) which represents how much time you have to revive your ally. In addition if you die again in a time spawn of 3 min, your next revive will cost double the amount of point of your last revive.
  • Mission condition: Introduce some form of mission conditions like in sorties and nightmare missions.

Some of you might think that these changes are rather extreme, which they are. Arbitrations are suppose to be a place were you're challenged, not like 95% the content ingame. This isnt suppose to be casual or new player content. If you need endo and cant deal with the difficulty, go farm rathuum.

Arbitrations are supposed to be end game content, which challenge the power of the player. If you want the rewards, you better learn how to survive.

1 minute ago, Nakrast said:

Enemies doing more damage, does not equal to harder.
All it will accomplish is making the tank/dps meta even more meta, and throw dust in the face of CC frames even more.

In general CC frames need a rework, because they are useless outside of missions like interception. If you dont want to die, you can always take a support frame like a range chroma (which I play as), trinity, oberon, harrow, nezha and even gara. The problem with CC is that to many enemies arent affect by it, making it useless. In addition its either god like, trivializing basically everything, or crap because certain enemies anrent affect by it. Because of that I dont agree we should balance around a class of frame that desperately needs a rework. Instead I would rework them to play better with the game.

4 minutes ago, BlachWolf said:

In general CC frames need a rework, because they are useless outside of missions like interception. If you dont want to die, you can always take a support frame like a range chroma (which I play as), trinity, oberon, harrow, nezha and even gara. The problem with CC is that to many enemies arent affect by it, making it useless. In addition its either god like, trivializing basically everything, or crap because certain enemies anrent affect by it. Because of that I dont agree we should balance around a class of frame that desperately needs a rework. Instead I would rework them to play better with the game.

So ultimately the only way of balancing them would be turning them into tanks or damage dealers, if you don't want to change the game to rewards CC players.

19 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

So ultimately the only way of balancing them would be turning them into tanks or damage dealers, if you don't want to change the game to rewards CC players.

No, to make their kit more usable and not something so binary like vaubans kit. A good example of this would be Khora, her kit resolves around making the enemy easier to kill by disabling them with her 2 and 4 and dealing damage with her 1. Same thing with Nidus and Nova. Pure CC frames most of the time makes the enemy harder to kill.

Edited by BlachWolf
typo

20 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Also they should finally implement shield gating.

13 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

Arbitrations are supposed to be end game content, which challenge the power of the player. If you want the rewards, you better learn how to survive.

DE releases Arbitration, a gamemode for "endgame" players and then neuter it. All in 6 months.

But a gamemode like Defection which is universally hated by everyone, gets no revisions, no changes, nothing.

I dont think making revives harder is quite the change id be after, personally id start the mission at a higher level and double the scaling. Then id half the time it takes to get rewards, because you'd be scaling enemies so much faster, and the difficulty ramp would escalate a whole lot more given those annoying drones act like nullifiers

2 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

I dont think making revives harder is quite the change id be after, personally id start the mission at a higher level and double the scaling. Then id half the time it takes to get rewards, because you'd be scaling enemies so much faster, and the difficulty ramp would escalate a whole lot more given those annoying drones act like nullifiers

Well t4 scaling should take care of that, making it harder to revive people will actually punish you for dying, which from my point of view should be a thing.

Meanwhile, the rewards still are not enticing to me. More cosmetics that we only need one of and Archwing Rivens? Those cosmetics I only need once and with Riven capacity so limited I don't even keep melee rivens anymore. At least they are trying to improve the gameplay a little.

IMO the only change needed to Arby's is the time it takes to earn rewards. 30 min just to get to rotation C is too long.

I actually liked the idea of being permadead. I'd really like to know more about how these revive token things work, because if it's a forced pickup like Index I probably won't bother playing it again.

54 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

IMO the only change needed to Arby's is the time it takes to earn rewards. 30 min just to get to rotation C is too long.

I actually liked the idea of being permadead. I'd really like to know more about how these revive token things work, because if it's a forced pickup like Index I probably won't bother playing it again.

I also liked the perma death, really made my team chroma build shine and oberons augment was actually useful. The only thing I hated about arbitrations is that they had lower enemy scaling.