Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are the new Arbitration changes going to make Wukong really viable?

Yousho

If they make the debuff similar to financial stress I doubt it considering the energy degen it would include.

Frames which dont rely raw shields/HP/Energy would be kings. I actually think hildryn might find some decent use on non infested arbitrations simply to to having super low shields if you carry 5 tokens letting you use the damage gate passive a lot more.

As Annnoth mentioned, if energy drain is included then Wukong will likely not be viable as a resurrection bot because Defy requires energy to maintain. Also, if Wukong "dies" while under Defy and obtain invincibility at the cost of some energy, if Defy is deactivated in this case Wukong will also lose the invincibility. Losing your invincibility right after dying is probably the last thing you want to happen as Wukong, and that will probably happen if you're trying to revive someone through this system.

Or maybe not. Maybe you're an amazing Wukong player and know not to let this happen at all cost.

If energy drain isn't present, then maybe if you build Wukong specifically to maximize the invincibility buff's duration, efficiency to maintain it, and probably remember to restart Defy to prevent the increased energy cost on further deaths. Watch for nullifiers though. Srsly, I got ganked by one and died a split second after losing Defy thanks to that. Stupid Orokin door.

The video of the revive system in action [DE]Connor provided does not appear to be something you interact with by pressing X; just walk up to one and it'll revive automatically assuming all conditions met. Of course, said video also cut off Equinox Prime's energy bar, so we don't know if energy drain applies.

But yeah, if we assume it only debuffs health and shields, Rhino, Limbo, and Wukong will probably be a viable resurrection bot. Maybe Loki, Ivara, Octavia, and in a sense Ash too because of stealth, and assuming they don't get caught in some aoe blast radius. Harrow if built for long lasting Covenant, though that may be a detriment as well. Zephyr and Baruuk assuming non-infested because Turbulence and Elude, respectively, dodges bullets, assuming they too do not get caught in some aoe blast radius. Nezha won't be invincible like Rhino, but Nezha takes drastically lower damage while under Warding Halo, and can give that halo to everyone else with Safeguard, which could help with survival while the team is reviving someone. All of these assuming arby drones are active. If they are not active and it's just you against angry high level mobs, then obviously include all our usual crowd controlling suspects as well.

Though frankly I would rather avoid this situation altogether. I'm not even a fan of this system to be honest.

Edited by Fazel412

8 hours ago, duhadventure said:

Limbo can just go into the rift.

this^ I've always called Limbo the "Problem Solver" frame, because there are situations where he is outright the best option for specific scenarios. for example, when I needed to complete a Riven Challenge that was " complete a level 30 or Higher Defense with objective taking no damage solo", I just took Limbo and kept using Cataclysm and Stasis. limbo gets a bad rep by many people but for solving convoluted BS scenarios, he's the top guy IMO.

for this, just go into the Rift when you pick up the points. then again, other people might leave if you bring Limbo to an Arbitration.. don't have to worry about Reviving people that don't exist, right? :crylaugh: 

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

What new Arbitration Changes ?

it's a thread in Dev workshop, but i'll summarize it here:

- instead of permadeath, you can revive players by collecting "resurgence points" from Arbitration drones and dropping them off at a med tower that spawns where the player died. they work like Index Points in that they debuff you when you carry them, reducing shields, health etc. you need to deposit 5 at once and then it will bring back the player who died.

- enemies will now scale at normal speed, not the slower speed they do in Arbitrations.

- new rewards are being added, including Archgun Rivens and new cosmetics, purchasable using Vitus Essence like other Arbitration rewards.

13 hours ago, Yousho said:

Other than a Rhino with a Gigazillion health, can't think of another frame that'd make such a good resurrection bot. (Assuming the point things don't drain energy.) 

Rev will still be king. He doesnt care about health at all aslong as you manage mesmer skin. Fire patches and such used to kill him, but since one of the patches his life never goes below one while mesmer skin is active.

For other frames it will depend on the scaling of these pick up, since you will only ever carry 5 and you will only carry them when someone is dead, at which point the drones will start dropping them.

All I can say though is that if this new system sees an influx in people spending more time with their face in the dirt I wont be rezzeing anyone. If you arent prepared for what you plan on doing, dont rely on others to carry you.

Edited by SneakyErvin

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

instead of permadeath, you can revive players by collecting "resurgence points" from Arbitration drones and dropping them off at a med tower that spawns where the player died. they work like Index Points in that they debuff you when you carry them, reducing shields, health etc. you need to deposit 5 at once and then it will bring back the player who died.

Im pretty sure they are going to screw this up. For instance this isn't going to stop people from Playing Inaros.... infact im pretty sure we are going to see him even more because:

enemies will now scale at normal speed, not the slower speed they do in Arbitrations.

Why would anyone want the enemies to become more anoying faster ? 

new rewards are being added, including Archgun Rivens and new cosmetics, purchasable using Vitus Essence like other Arbitration rewards.

latest?cb=20181012233804

DE knows full well this is all players want... and yet they're doing nothing about it. 😞