Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Riven-Lock Feedback and Suggestions

(PSN)demishock

With all the discussion lately around Rivens, and the inclusion of Sortie runs as part of Nightwave, I've been thinking a lot about the problem of Riven capacity locking players out of the Sorties. There's got to be another way to prevent this besides reducing the number of Rivens you have or buying more Riven slots. I understand that DE needs to make money and that Riven slots are one of the ways they do so, but I don't think it's right to lock players out of an entire mission type over it, especially given the fact that there is a hard cap on the number of slots one can even buy.

So, my proposed alternative: give players a choice of three (or even just two) rewards out of the potential reward pool at the end of each sortie.

Players who are at capacity would get a notice at the mission select screen letting them know that if they proceed without expanding their slots or reducing their existing inventory, they won't be able to pick up any additional Rivens. This gives them the chance to back out and take action if they so choose. If they choose not to, then they proceed with the sortie, and, if RNG gives them a Riven option among the three, they're simply forced to pick one of the other two rewards. Unlike with fissure missions, there should be no chance of overlap between the three rewards offered, to prevent the possibility of lucking into three Rivens by some crazy chance. But like fissure missions, each player would be able to separately pick the reward they prefer, rather than everyone being forced to get the same thing.

We already have choices like this for login rewards and I think that's a great step in the right direction. Done this way, inventory management would no longer be a barrier to entry for sorties. I think the mastery level cap and the weapon type restrictions are barrier enough without adding Riven capacity to the mix.

So those are my 2 cents on the subject. Thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think!

Edited by (PS4)demishock
  • Like 1

On 2019-04-19 at 6:57 PM, Els236 said:

I didn't even realise this was a thing.

+1 upvote for you

Thanks!

Yeah, I started noticing it a lot more now that Nightwave is a thing. Want to do the Sorties when they come up in Nightwave, but then end up having to do inventory management to be able to do the Sortie. And DE isn't showing any signs of slowing down with the Riven mods, if the recent thread about the Arbitration rework is anything to go by, so if I'm going to be getting EVEN MORE Rivens, I'm going to end up locked out of EVEN MORE Sorties. Really hope they do something to fix it.

Lets think about this

Current system:

You are overcapacity, delete something before mission so that you will have room in the event a Riven is awarded.

Proposed system:

You are overcapacity, you may proceed; however if a Riven is awarded you will have to choose a Consolation Prize instead.

Your proposal is only beneficial under the Assumption, that the Consolation Prize is worth having.

Have you considered that there are players who do Sorties exclusively because they want Rivens?

That would be me... doesn't really help me.

Well to each his own. I guess if someone really needed some Anasa sculptures your idea is useful to them.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Lets think about this

Current system:

You are overcapacity, delete something before mission so that you will have room in the event a Riven is awarded.

Proposed system:

You are overcapacity, you may proceed; however if a Riven is awarded you will have to choose a Consolation Prize instead.

Your proposal is only beneficial under the Assumption, that the Consolation Prize is worth having.

Have you considered that there are players who do Sorties exclusively because they want Rivens?

That would be me... doesn't really help me.

Well to each his own. I guess if someone really needed some Anasa sculptures your idea is useful to them.

That's exactly why I suggested there be a warning that pops up before the mission begins, so that players such as yourself can delete something before the mission, and players like me who are more interested in the boosters, Nightwave standing, and tiny chance at a legendary core can keep playing sorties regardless of our riven cap. I don't see how introducing choice into the equation hurts your playstyle.

Edited by (PS4)demishock

2 minutes ago, (PS4)demishock said:

That's exactly why I suggested there be a warning that pops up before the mission begins, so that players such as yourself can delete something before the mission, and players like me who are more interested in the boosters and tiny chance at a legendary core can keep playing sorties regardless of our riven cap. I don't see how introducing choice into the equation hurts your playstyle.

That already exists, the make space warning.

I didn't say it 'hurt' just that it didn't do anything to help me. 'hurt' and 'not help' aren't the same thing.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

That already exists, the make space warning.

I didn't say it 'hurt' just that it didn't do anything to help me. 'hurt' and 'not help' aren't the same thing.

Right, but the warning as it currently stands is an ultimatum: delete or buy slots, otherwise you can't proceed. We shouldn't have to delete a Riven or spend plat just to play a mission that offers other rewards besides Rivens. If they were the only possible reward, I could maybe see a case for it, but with the current reward pool, it doesn't make much sense.

Edited by (PS4)demishock

Why not just give you the Riven as an unclaimed item, like every other slotted item? You can't do anything with the Riven, but you can see what you're waiting in anticipation for, once you have the requisite sixty plat. Seriously, why is this not a thing? Why is this not a thing for stuff you can buy from Baro, for that matter? 

Edited by Draxiss314

replace current system with same system as relics.

everyone gets offered a different reward at extraction of sortie; you are then free to choose which item you want from the 4 rewards offered.

those who want sculptures, pick sculptures. those who want rivens, pick rivens. etc.