Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unusable Primary weapon on empty ammo!

Slint7789

If you run out of ammo with any primary weapon, you would normally switch to you melee/secondary, but what if you don't have any of these equipped? You will "switch" your primary weapon to "Unarmed" and won't be able to switch back to your primary, even if you pick up ammo for it! This makes the primary weapon unusable for the rest of the mission! Jumping down somewhere to reset, spamming "F", or "E", or whatever WON'T bring it back!

The first time experiencing this was on Hydron, while I was leveling my Dread, I ran out of ammo unexpectedly. My Warframe put the Dread away and I was like "Oh, I need some Bow-Ammo asap.". After I found some ammo, I couldn't switch back at all!

I've tested this in the Simulacrum to see if it was just a one-time-bug, but nope, see my screenshots below for detailed information.

G8rhvKS.png

As you can see, I got nothing equipped except one primary weapon (It does not have to be Lenz, I've tested it with 3 other weapons (Grakata, Dread & Phantasma))

nkJPFt3.png

Everything works fine, even with 0 ammo. But if you want to shoot again, your Warframe will automatically switch to a secondary, or melee weapon, if these don't exist you will be "unarmed".

OsugOLt.jpg

You will put your primary weapon on the back and won't be able to use it ever again. As I said earlier, pressing "F", "E", etc. won't bring it back. (Also please fix the Bow-Dryad Skin for the Lenz)

MZGOezU.png

Picking up ammo will refill all of your ammo (I guess), but you still won't be able to switch back! Even jumping down somewhere for a quick reset won't help.

Just had this happen to me when I was leveling my Soma in an infested survival, ran out of ammo, auto-swapped to unarmed, grabbed more ammo by bullet jumping onto some containers and couldn't bring it back out.

Just for a quick fix untill this is actually fixed, if you switch to your tranq gun for floof hunting you can cycle back to your primary. It is clunky and not the best option but it won't leave you with no gun till the end of the mission at least. Only reason I know this works is because I have had the same issue. 

Edited by Franticlly_Skeptic

Am 26.4.2019 um 17:30 schrieb Franticlly_Skeptic:

Just for a quick fix untill this is actually fixed, if you switch to your tranq gun for floof hunting you can cycle back to your primary. It is clunky and not the best option but it won't leave you with no gun till the end of the mission at least. Only reason I know this works is because I have had the same issue. 

Good idea. I haven't thought about that yet.

But it's still annoying to switch your gun to Tranq-Rifle, Fishingspear, etc.. Hope this gets fixed someday.