Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AW sliding/strafing after turns was fixed for open world, apparently not for AW missions!

Tennmuerti

So Fomorian event just started up again and I had the unfortunate discovery that even tho DE fixed the AW movement in the open world like Valis and PoE, after it was broken for a time (for no reason) and made you slide/strafe to the side after big turns, it took a few updates for the fix. However it is apparently still very much present in the regular AW missions themselves.

3 minutes ago, Darth_Krayt said:

Ha-ha! That's not funny 😑

Apologies, but I'm not quite sure I've actually experienced it 'sliding/strafing' excessively after a big turn. In all seriousness though, does it happen to a larger extent if you're already moving at a higher speed?

Conservation of momentum has nothing to do with it, you literally remain strafing to the side and flying sideways when compared to your reticle. So what ends up happening is that you are looking and trying to fly forward and are instead also moving sideways from your intended path. It's just bad lateral movement.

This issue occurred for a limited time a few patches back out of the blue, and some of us took note and reported the bug. It got fixed within a couple of patches. To how it was properly functioning before, you do a turn and there is a bit of momentum shortly after indeed but it quickly stabilizes and you fly in the direction you are looking, like AW functioned all the time.

Unfortunately because nobody really runs vanilla AW missions anymore everyone including myself only reported that this bug happened for Valis/PoE controls. And it got fixed. (because AW controls have slightly separate workings depending on what type of flight it is open world or space). But now it appears it was also happening in AW space missions and was not fixed there.

It's not going to be very noticeable in a vast open space immediately (like flying to Fomorian), simply because you have less reference points and they are all further away. But then you are close to a surface it quickly becomes apparent (hence why it was quickly noticed in Valis/PoE). Try to be flying in something like an Itzal closer to the Fomorian, then do a 180 and set yourself a reference point to fly to, point your reticent at it, you will notice it sliding to the side and you drifting off course.

It is also very easily noticeable by watching your AW energy trails. Flying straight before any turns your energy trail will be right behind you. After a significant turn, and then trying to fly straight the energy trail still remains sideways.

Edited by Tennmuerti