Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

witch one does more damage?

what

do you mean, SomaP vs the ground deployed version of Imperator Vandal?

• why are you making this comparison at all? one can't get any Ammo Pickups outside of one Mission in the game so it's quite difficult to make use of.
  • their Mods aren't even remotely alike.
  • you can't use your other Gun or your Melee with one of them.

but anyways, Imperator Vandal wins without contest vs Soma Prime. totally blows it out of the water. there wasn't even a contest to begin with, since Soma is not a particularly powerful Weapon.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

26 минут назад, taiiat сказал:

what

do you mean, SomaP vs the ground deployed version of Imperator Vandal?

• why are you making this comparison at all? one can't get any Ammo Pickups outside of one Mission in the game so it's quite difficult to make use of.
  • their Mods aren't even remotely alike.
  • you can't use your other Gun or your Melee with one of them.

but anyways, Imperator Vandal wins without contest vs Soma Prime. totally blows it out of the water. there wasn't even a contest to begin with, since Soma is not a particularly powerful Weapon.

What this guy said. Why are you comparing them again?...

1) Archwing weapons have different mods that are drastically less powerful (at least in some cases) than our warframe primary weapons. +damage and +multishot in particular.

2) Yes, imperator vandal can kick some ass. But can only do it for so long until ammo runs out and you can't refill it, instead it has... 10 minutes cooldown i think? Soma can pretty much shoot forever with carrier on your side.

3) Soma isn't even that good anynore and is easily overshadowed by a bunch of far better weapons.

Edited by Artekkor

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

every thread i see, about ground based archguns, that they do so little damage, that even guns without rivnes out damage archguns

its not the case at all 

i want to know why they keep saying they r trash

Because they kind of are.

The archguns cant compare to the upper tier of normal weapons. It’s not because of their base stats tho, it’s due to their mods being worse than the mods for normal weapons. DE said they were going to buff them but we’re still waiting on that to happen.

I love my Larkspur, but it can’t kill a level 100 heavy gunner while my Quanta Vandal just melts through it.

Also Soma Prime has really fallen off in terms of relative performance over the years. So not really the best comparison for trying to argue your point.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

24 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because they kind of are.

The archguns cant compare to the upper tier of normal weapons. It’s not because of their base stats tho, it’s due to their mods being worse than the mods for normal weapons. DE said they were going to buff them but we’re still waiting on that to happen.

I love my Larkspur, but it can’t kill a level 100 heavy gunner while my Quanta Vandal just melts through it.

Also Soma Prime has really fallen off in terms of relative performance over the years. So not really the best comparison for trying to argue your point.

so ur saying 120% x 4 is less then 90% x 4?

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

so ur saying 120% x 4 is less then 90% x 4?

Rubedo lines Barrel: 100% damage

Serration: 165% Damage.

Dual Rounds: 60% multishot

Split Chamber: 90% multishot.

Hollowed Bullets: 80% Crit Damage 

Vital Sense: 120% Crit Damage

Parallax Scope: 100% Crit Chance

Point Strike: 150% Crit Chance.

No, I’m arguing that 120% X 4 > 90% X 4. And Archgun mods are the 90%, not the 120%.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Rubedo lines Barrel: 100% damage

Serration: 165% Damage.

Dual Rounds: 60% multishot

Split Chamber: 90% multishot.

Hollowed Bullets: 80% Crit Damage 

Vital Sense: 120% Crit Damage

Parallax Scope: 100% Crit Chance

Point Strike: 150% Crit Chance.

Have I made my point yet?

Well... but most archwing weapons has fricking thousand+a of dps?

Larkspur has 90 damage with 12.00 RoF, resulting 1080 base dps.

And quanta vandal has 26 damage with same 12.00 RoF, resulting 312 base dps.

So, to achieve higher DPS than larkspur, quanta vandal have to be modded with 200% more damage in total.

Well, even though it might be possible with crit weapons and headshot, as well as rivens.

2 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

So, to achieve higher DPS than larkspur, quanta vandal have to be modded with 200% more damage in total.

Well, even though it might be possible with crit weapons and headshot, as well as rivens.

i was trying to make this point, that u would have to compare a ignis with a riven, to a larkspur, and the larkspur would still do more dps a second, not including the fact that my imperator does 5k a bullet witch is more then most assault rifles, and the thing people r missing, is that these weapons r way lower mastery then the guns people r saying they r weapon then, witch they arnt really weaker then 

Rivens. The real reason. They make the dps increase of archgun redundant and the lack of options while IN archgun too high a cost.

That's why they are adding archgun rivens. Only way they are going to be worth the snap of higher dps for anyone with a riven for freaking 5mins of waiting. Which is pretty much once per mission.

Not exactly a fair comparison as the mods themselves are very different ,

though imperator vandal will be better (for as long as it lasts) without mods,

the presence of vastly superior mods and their stats for primary weapons will make the imperator fall short.

I do think it will be interesting to see what Archgun Rivens can do, and which ones will get the higher dispositions: the soma/Imperator comparison isn't fair, but we can and often do compare different Archguns to each other. my money's on Larkspur having a weak disposition, and Dual Decurion having the strongest.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

if 2 guns r full auto, crit, good accuracy and large magazine, and r around the same mastery, then y cant i compare them?

keep in mind, the imperator vandal is mr 5, and soma is mr 7 

also keep in mind both r fully trade able for plat 

You can compare them, but it doesn't prove your premise:

23 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

every thread i see, about ground based archguns, that they do so little damage, that even guns without rivnes out damage archguns

its not the case at all 

i want to know why they keep saying they r trash

When you choose a non-archwing weapon that is also considered "bad" by current Warframe standards.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

thewn lets compare it to the tiberon prime! thats also 9 mastery levels higher!

Considerably better then Imperator Vandal... that proves your point even less...

To clarify, Soma prime is the best weapon to compare it to, the problem is that being better than the Soma Prime isn't particularly hard, it's pretty common these days.

Edited by rapt0rman

On 2019-04-19 at 8:13 PM, Test-995 said:

In the words of Parson Gotti, "it's all about multipliers". The Quanta V's crit stats alone would help it edge out against the Larkspur (albeit only using a crit-heavy loadout, thus turning it into a monobuild weapon), but when it also has mods that are more powerful -- thus greatly reducing the base damage gap? Yeah, Quanta V wins

Archwing guns ARE powerful, but they were designed for a separate gamemode where archwings are god-kings of death (they're HMGs with unlimited ammo, the little snub fighters we fight in space are powerless against us). But when they're actually put into ground combat we have this paradoxical situation where the man-portable firearms are somehow doing more damage. Because archguns and normal guns were never meant to shoot the same targets

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

In the words of Parson Gotti, "it's all about multipliers". The Quanta V's crit stats alone would help it edge out against the Larkspur (albeit only using a crit-heavy loadout, thus turning it into a monobuild weapon), but when it also has mods that are more powerful -- thus greatly reducing the base damage gap? Yeah, Quanta V wins

Archwing guns ARE powerful, but they were designed for a separate gamemode where archwings are god-kings of death (they're HMGs with unlimited ammo, the little snub fighters we fight in space are powerless against us). But when they're actually put into ground combat we have this paradoxical situation where the man-portable firearms are somehow doing more damage. Because archguns and normal guns were never meant to shoot the same targets

Okay, i tried to compare it through builder, here it is :

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Larkspur/t_30_00000002_429-2-5-430-7-5-431-1-5-432-5-5-437-6-5-438-0-5-439-4-5-955-3-3_438-11-431-11-429-15-955-7-439-9-432-9-437-9-430-5_WyIxIiwiMCIsWyIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=/en/2-0-127

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Quanta_Vandal/t_30_20000000_132-7-5-133-5-5-137-0-10-140-2-5-141-4-5-150-1-10-159-3-5-405-6-5_137-7-150-16-140-9-159-9-141-11-133-11-405-9-132-15_WyIxIiwiMCIsWyIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=/en/2-0-71

Without rivens, seems like both does similar sustained dps.

Quanta vandal would deal much more damage in headshot, but larkspur is more like ignis wraith anyways, so... it's fine? maybe?

Sorry if my build was S#&$, i'm not actually a quanta vandal user.

Here's another :

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Imperator_Vandal/t_30_20000000_429-0-5-431-1-5-432-6-5-433-2-3-436-3-3-438-4-5-439-7-5-939-5-5_429-8-431-11-433-7-436-7-438-11-939-11-432-9-439-9_WyIxIiwiMCIsWyIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=/en/2-0-67

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Tiberon_Prime/t_30_23300000_132-4-5-133-1-5-137-0-10-140-5-5-141-2-5-150-3-10-159-6-5-847-7-5_137-7-133-6-141-6-150-16-132-15-140-9-159-9-847-9_WyIxIiwiMCIsWyIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=/en/2-0-119

And again... seems like both does closer sustained dps, at least without rivens.

They are not really "underperforming" imo... they are just having too much of restriction, No rivens, #*!%ton of cooldown time, slow deploying speed and such.