Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Iron Skin Broken?

hyperkayak

I was up vs grineer (like 5 mins ago), with the units of choice for the level being scorchers and napalms. Maxed Ironskin + maxed Focus pretty much soaks up tons of damage and it did good on the regular grineer, but napalm shots take it down in 1-2 hits. Sooo is Iron skin an infested type deal? Does fire do triple damage to it? Didn't confirm with scorchers. This was a mission of lv ~17-20. Please let this be a bug and easy to fix :D

EDIT: even if this is the case, 1-2 hits by a level 18 napalm should'nt do that much damage.

Edited by hyperkayak

Napalm are just generally very powerful, not to mention they:

- Shoot ridiculously fast for their strength

- Each blast has Damage Over Time

So if you stay here thinking you can take it all up like a boss, you may want to rethink your strategy against Napalms, that's all.

Additionally, I heard of a glitch where their blast radius is stupidly huge and powerful (most likely a bug). I haven't fought many Napalms recently to confirm, but I'm pretty sure it is. This makes lvl 20~ Napalms feel way more powerful than they should be I think.

Edited by Casardis

-50 DKP!

Anyway, Napalms are stupidly OP. However, Commanders win out on frustration levels. I HATE those things...

Yeah....pretty easy to kill, but annoying as all hell if there is more than one. You can hardly find your bearings after a teleport, when -BAMF- you're off again!

Yeah....pretty easy to kill, but annoying as all hell if there is more than one. You can hardly find your bearings after a teleport, when -BAMF- you're off again!

ah god yes, and sometimes right into the middle of a pair of heavy gunners who promptly say hi with a hail of bullets into your rump while the scorcher there gives you a flame bath to compliment it all. That happened while I was trying to level banshee...

Back on topic, yeah the napalms seem to be stupidly overpowered. Though supposedly, and I know this is very energy ineffecient to do, but if you roar prior to popping iron skin, that should give you a +50% power boost right? However if anything, when I do that my iron skin when I'm running rhino seems to last even shorter under the same kinds of hail of bullets.