Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mr 27 complaining about trade chat

Let me prefice this by saying this is one of my first forum posts so please bare with me. I am an avid eidolon hunter and quite enjoy the rewards that they give out. Ive done over 1000 hydrolyst captures and have had many good experiences with them. Arcanes are my main source of platinum but as of recent ive been discouraged from hunting as many people who i would sell my arcanes to will just stock pile them and then sell the rank 3 arcane for over 2 times what it would cost to buy unranked ones. This is not an isolated incident you can see many people buying graces for 120p and in the same day selling a rank 3 for 2000p. They have completely circumvented the "eidolon grind" the fix to this issue would not be easy but i think the "eidolon hunting community" needs to think of something

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

They have completely circumvented the "eidolon grind" the fix to this issue would not be easy but i think the "eidolon hunting community" needs to think of something

It’s easy. The people that care can get over it and accept they are charging for convenience. It’s much easier to make one trade and pay more to get what you want right? You could pay less but have to do 10 trades, finding 10 different people.

• Ever notice how a frame set usually sells for more than the parts individually?

The other option is disable trading of Arcanes.

Edited by krc473
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

you can see many people buying graces for 120p and in the same day selling a rank 3 for 2000p.

This is called flipping and is a valid method to make money.

You invest a little time (buying from different people) plus money (1200p) to get more money (2000p)

You can do the same thing

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You invest a little time (buying from different people) plus money (1200p) to get more money (2000p)

Why would anyone do eidolons then? The people generating the arcanes should be benefiting the most, not the people camping trade chat

Just now, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

Why would anyone do eidolons then? The people generating the arcanes should be benefiting the most, not the people camping trade chat

Like in the real world, its not the farmer who get most profit, but the trader who flip the goods by buying cheap from farmer and sell them to companies.

Its good because you have choice to farm or buy them from the farmers in this game, other game like warthunder did this too, you can spend 45hours to get a tank or just buy it for like 30 dollars from the people who farmed it.

8 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Like in the real world, its not the farmer who get most profit, but the trader who flip the goods by buying cheap from farmer and sell them to companies.

Its good because you have choice to farm or buy them from the farmers in this game, other game like warthunder did this too, you can spend 45hours to get a tank or just buy it for like 30 dollars from the people who farmed it.

This seems...highly immoral

1 minute ago, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

Think of it this way, the farmer can't possibly sell through their entire stock alone, given their limited personal mobility and needs to manage their own lives, homes and fields.

As the Farmer can't manage everything alone, this is where wholesale comes in, by selling large bulk to a wholesaler the farmer makes an efficient profit without compromising their time having to manually and personally sell to individual buyers.

The immorality only comes in when there is an inequity between cost of production vs price of wholesale, pharmaceuticals are a prime example of this as the actual process of producing most medicine is dramatically lower than the sale price. The concept isn't bad in theory its just the bad practice that ruins it.

In the case of Warframe however its just your standard player run market, those who have cash to throw around exploit others for more cash.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

It's something called the free market? 

Heck, sometimes when I'm in need of plat I flip. I did that when the Wolf Sledge was in crazy demand, and I got lucky enough to get one set for myself, and another via drop and trading for a part.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with flipping. In this way, all they're doing is making an investment, and having it pay off. People buy sets for convenience, even if they could get the item on the cheap buying it separately. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

Really now? It's not like they're selling a Redirection mod to a new player for 200 plat saying it's a rare mod and difficult to get. 

Well, just because someone's SELLING them for 2k, doesn't mean that there's anyone BUYING them for 2k. Like, look at the "god" rivens going at sky-high prices... but GLHF finding a buyer, esp. nowadays.

Anyone with more brain cells than platinum would buy for 120p and make R3 by themselves. If anything, it's not immoral towards Dolan hunters but towards newer players (or just ones who don't trade a lot) who don't have the sense of market yet but love the game enough to invest money into it. Now, that is an issue IMO.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

Eidolons mean way more than Arcanes. They give you Focus as well, and while this might seem odd, it's an actual mission that people enjoy. You don't need cash payout from Eidolons to make it worthwhile. If you enjoy hunting, who cares? Arcanes are great passive income. I did 1000 Hydrolysts myself to have them on the profile. Many systems in Warframe can be circumvented with trading. However, sitting in chat for hours will make you Platinum, but you aren't playing missions. I don't know about you, but playing the game is more fun for me. The people with the most Platinum gain are the most dedicated in what they do. If that's trading instead of playing, so be it.

As another MR 27 who has been in the arcane game for years, I can tell you those people aren’t circumventing anything. I’ve been active in the arcane market for practically forever and that trade behavior you’re seeing is normal. Things have been like that ever since arcanes were introduced. 

43 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Exactly this. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

Its a video game market. This isnt the real world we don't have 3rd party people pressuring us to sell for cheap. Camping trade chat=/=playing warframe how do we not realize this

Warframe players come from real world too, not some AI created by DE. It's a video game market, there's no rule or laws and people can do whatever they want for any reason such as profit.

In the end, this "problem" (I guess) could be easily solved by making general prices for stuff easier to find and view. Even something as simple as warframe.market already allows you to see what people sell and for how much thus allow the buyer to estimate the prices.

In the end, what Warframe needs is more information readily available, not this 1998 era mess of a trade chat only. This will prevent a lot of otherwise morally questionable behavior by making it simply unprofitable (or at least much less so).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

we have had some arguments in the past regarding trade practices , but i agree with this ,

I find nothing wrong with buying low and selling high after putting some polish on it - pretty much the definition of profitable trade practice.

May i ask why does the game of other players bother you that much? Why are you trying to dictate what other players do or shouldn't do?

They sell for the price they want and you do the same, there is nothing you can do.

This topic is essentially someone complaining that other players are making more profit than OP.