Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mr 27 complaining about trade chat

Higher profit % doesnt necessarily mean more profits...

Now technically you paid 0plat for the arcanes... that's an infinite profit margin. Immoral? But most value their time, so we will forget that part.

How long till you've acquired more plat than these immoral folks?

I can sell one R3 for 2k... use 120min hours of my time.

Or I can sell 10 R0's for 1.2k and use 10-20  minutes of my time.

Same may be applied to buying/selling most prime sets.

I know whatd I'd rather do - each person can decide this for themselves. Do they endure and demand top dollar(600% more time in trade) OR do they price competitively and keep on playing?

These are of course numbers/figures with no specifics, and there are ALWAYS exceptions.

As a wise man once said... "I got 99 problems but a *@##$ ain't one"

Let's not become #100 😄

Edited by (XB1)Blueberry2006

For the time is money argument every night cycle takes 50 minutes and more often than not we will get worthless arcanes someone do the math with 10% drop chance for rare arcanes. I think statistically its 200 caps before you get a set of every arcane

Edited by (XB1)Nightingale589
200 caps thing

Time IS money. Literally.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

every night cycle takes 50 minutes...

Sure, but let's assume you did a 3x3... None of those are Energize or Grace or....? Well damn, I guess those "immoral" folks dont make any extra either. Too bad you did not receive any standing to buy arcanes from Onkko... or did you? 🤯

Dont try to argue that time is not money - Google the concept, take a basic economics course, or get a job(not inferring you do not). They will all reinforce this concept.

Again. Dont make yourself #100... plenty of other things to focus on.

5 hours ago, BeldarTheBrave said:

Now that is what I wanted people to do. Bring up actually challenges to an auction house system. Yes, this is a valid concern.

Some form of daily or even weekly buy and sell limit would need to be in place. Perhaps with stricter limits on certain categories of items that would be most easily abused.

In addition an "antibot" software system would be in place. Similar systems are already in place. Obviously, this solution is not entirely effective.

I'm all for changes to making the playerbase a much more efficient system. So the difficulty here is presenting a well thought out way that does not affect DE's vision for their own game, and fits the system as opposed to fitting the playerbase vision for Warframe. 

I don't trust AH's because of prior games where it has caused much problems, and I am of the opinion that there is the potential for abuse. This is the bias I have, so please understand that it isn't me shooting it down because the current system works for me. 

My practical case study would be Diablo III. I know WOW on the other hand was able to do something that made AH's workable, but restricting it to crafting materials (in WOW's case) wouldn't work for Warframe. I want rare items, not the consumables. So the AH in Warframe would in a sense remove all motivation to play. Why bother with Arbitrations when I can get Adaptation for cheap in an AH? My opinion is this would render game modes dead on arrival. Why bother with a horrible grind when I can bypass it? Could we 1) have a AH that is fair and prevents botting, 2) doesnt remove motivation to grind the hard part of the game?

Diablo thought it could be worked around. They ended up nuking it. RN bad platinum is one of the unsolved problems of Warframe, and I see AH's potentially making this much more messier. 

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Blueberry2006 said:

Time IS money. Literally.

Sure, but let's assume you did a 3x3... None of those are Energize or Grace or....? Well damn, I guess those "immoral" folks dont make any extra either. Too bad you did not receive any standing to buy arcanes from Onkko... or did you? 🤯

Dont try to argue that time is not money - Google the concept, take a basic economics course, or get a job(not inferring you do not). They will all reinforce this concept.

Again. Dont make yourself #100... plenty of other things to focus on.

Because im the only one in the whole community who generates arcanes. This doesnt seem thought out

3 hours ago, Anduvriel said:

Well you are wrong in many aspects of arcanes trade especially energise and grace.

1. 10 rank zero have a trade cost of 10mln creds r3 has one zero less. For a buyer it might be worth to give plat for just that. Convenience buyers hate certain grinds, 2 hours in index.. That alone is a huge added value. 

You basing this on Xbox 1 prices like the OP or PC prices?

I'm lost.

Are you complaining that people can buy Arcanes, make money with Arcanes or trading in general?

Following your same deductive reasoning, why are people allowed to buy Prime sets if they've not run the relics for the individual parts?

An alternative to your issue is you could just stop selling rank 1 arcanes and collect what you get to build rank 3s to sell for higher prices or better yet, do exactly what every trader aims to do in life and ingame. Buy for less, sell for more.

On 2019-04-20 at 2:44 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

This is called flipping and is a valid method to make money.

You invest a little time (buying from different people) plus money (1200p) to get more money (2000p)

You can do the same thing

yep it is true. and ppl will always try to pay less for specific thing. so if it cost 200p they will offer 120 or so. if they buy it well it is their now and is legit to sell it for any amount of plat. you cant "fix" trade chat so ppl tend to w8 for part or mod get cheaper so the can buy it.

thing is players are making plat either with dildo your pocket with overpriced riven or sell/buy difference of other stuff.

15 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Camping trade chat also takes time and efforts. It’s a free market. Farmers still get the big pieces of pie and their efforts paid off. 

But it's self imposed effort. Unnecessary effort in obtaining and selling of the product. The biggest difference is that ultimately people who farm the arcanes provide the service to community by obtaining said items. Resellers in video game put in actual effort, yes. But what's the service provided to community and people around? They don't handle logistics that IRL resellers handle (responsibility for product, storage, transport, etc), so that doesn't really compare. 

But I do admit that there are minor benefits as others pointed out above such as that they do decrease credits tax for buyers. Maintaining higher price is also one outcome, although the benefits of that can be debated.

Edited by zoffmode

23 hours ago, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

For the time is money argument every night cycle takes 50 minutes and more often than not we will get worthless arcanes someone do the math with 10% drop chance for rare arcanes. I think statistically its 200 caps before you get a set of every arcane

So go camp trade chat and make more plat since you also have arcanes from hunts. Except  you don’t because you don’t have the time or interest in doing so. Which is why r3s sell for more. People spend lots of money to minimize the amount of time and effort it takes to reach the desired outcome. Alternatively, you could stockpile your arcanes and only sell R3s. 

Didnt read everything. But only complete retard would buy r3 arcane at such price when you can buy them individually for like 3/4 of its price. Same with most prime sets. Im sitting on truckton of plat (and credit card haha) yet i wouldnt buy whole set of anything (unless price for parts = set price pretty much) its always cheaper to buy parts yourself. But thats me, if you like being ripped off and call it "convenience" go ahead. 👍

• Like 1

I do this with rare and prime mods. I got hella Endo, and credits. Buy unranked, max them and sell them. I'd imagine it's the same with anything else.

On 2019-04-20 at 7:44 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

This is called flipping and is a valid method to make money.

You invest a little time (buying from different people) plus money (1200p) to get more money (2000p)

You can do the same thing

On 2019-04-20 at 5:39 AM, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

Let me prefice this by saying this is one of my first forum posts so please bare with me. I am an avid eidolon hunter and quite enjoy the rewards that they give out. Ive done over 1000 hydrolyst captures and have had many good experiences with them. Arcanes are my main source of platinum but as of recent ive been discouraged from hunting as many people who i would sell my arcanes to will just stock pile them and then sell the rank 3 arcane for over 2 times what it would cost to buy unranked ones. This is not an isolated incident you can see many people buying graces for 120p and in the same day selling a rank 3 for 2000p. They have completely circumvented the "eidolon grind" the fix to this issue would not be easy but i think the "eidolon hunting community" needs to think of something

I bought 25 ember prime sets at maybe 50p each about a 6-7 weeks ago if that. am I building a army of ember's in my inventory? Nope. I'm just going to sell them when I can get like 100% profit. 

These people are doing the exact same thing.  To get the plat they need they either had to buy it or earn it so I see no problem there. There's modes I bought like blind rage and stuff like that to avoid the grind for them. I also bought two full arcane energizes rather then doing eidolon hunts because they are so tedious and some of the public hunts can become so toxic. 

Flipping prime parts, arcanes is 100% fine. The only thing I have a problem with is people buying ignis wraith blueprints for mere credits and then selling it for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25p each. However much they feel they can get away with. 

Edited by Fire2box

On 2019-04-20 at 2:02 PM, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

This seems...highly immoral

Seems quite illegal too (or at least against the EULA /TOS). I've played War Thunder, as well as the other tank games and I've never heard of people trading tanks.

You can buy premium tanks as gifts for other players from the in-game shop...but you can't grind normal progression vehicles, then sell them to someone else.

But this kind of stuff is why I won't go near traders in any game. Anything I want, I either earn it in game, or buy it from the shop.

On 2019-04-20 at 1:43 PM, krc473 said:

It’s easy. The people that care can get over it and accept they are charging for convenience. It’s much easier to make one trade and pay more to get what you want right? You could pay less but have to do 10 trades, finding 10 different people.

• Ever notice how a frame set usually sells for more than the parts individually?

The other option is disable trading of Arcanes.

yeah but wont happen, the plat/££/$$ must floweth.

On 2019-04-20 at 7:39 AM, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

Let me prefice this by saying this is one of my first forum posts so please bare with me. I am an avid eidolon hunter and quite enjoy the rewards that they give out. Ive done over 1000 hydrolyst captures and have had many good experiences with them. Arcanes are my main source of platinum but as of recent ive been discouraged from hunting as many people who i would sell my arcanes to will just stock pile them and then sell the rank 3 arcane for over 2 times what it would cost to buy unranked ones. This is not an isolated incident you can see many people buying graces for 120p and in the same day selling a rank 3 for 2000p. They have completely circumvented the "eidolon grind" the fix to this issue would not be easy but i think the "eidolon hunting community" needs to think of something

Oh dude... Bless you for opening this door.

Cap single plat trade amount at 750. End the pay to win and return the game to play to win. So sick of people who have everything  and cant even do a kuva flood because they bought their way up and dont know how to use anything they have. (rivens, arcanes, etc) Being able to buy everything makes the game crap because it makes the players crap. When there is no time invested, there is no knowledge invested. Plat market is killing this game more and faster than anything else..

On 2019-04-20 at 8:39 AM, (XB1)Nightingale589 said:

Buy low, sell high. Economics. 

As someone else stated earlier, the only way to "fix" this is to ban arcanes from trade. Which DE most likely will not do, as it and Rivens, are a steady stream of platinum purchases. 

There will always be people who will purchase something as a means of convenience, and what you are really asking for is ridiculous at best as it could also be applied to Rivens. People are buying trash rivens, then rolling them for a God-Tier one, and selling it for thousands of platinum more, thus circumventing the grind of Sorties. Same could be said for Mods, such as Fleeting Expertise, or the Drift Mods, or literally any other decent mod.

Ultimately, it would lead to this downward trend in more and more things getting banned, because the same logic could be applied to every aspect of the game, because the game is literally a time-sink.