Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you guys defeat the wolf of saturn six?

ken6212

Question

he has stupid amounts of health. you have to keep shooting, it's best to stay at a distance, regularly switch positions via bullet jumps to avoid his specials and random fire from the goons. if you have an archgun use that too. doesn't seem to be that great, but it feels nice

"shoot him in the face"

yeah , probably not what you wanted to hear but there really isnt much strategy other than hit him and try not to get hit yourself.

you can CC his cronies though , i try to disable them first thing as their molotov cocktails really hurt.

Headshots currently deal less damage to him than body shots, so no go.

Melee depends. If it's CO melee, it's only good against him to kill yourself with. If it's blood rush, you're good (if you can facetank him).

Ranged weapons need radiation. Kitguns are good. Snipers are okay.

Need a kitty with sharpen claw or melee with shattering impact or unairu for sundering dash. Unviable without any of that against highlevel wolf.

Adds are CCable with anything including lockdown.

Good frames are those that can facetank+melee, Titania (high DPS, can't really be hit by Wolf & Co, can lantern and forget adds), Garuda (can kebab adds and heal off them, can leap-loop at adds for extremely fast heart buildup, can do 10M heart nukes in 20 seconds, scales with adds level, can facetank Wolf), Revenant (can disable adds, AFAIK can reave Wolf to death, so scales very well), Gara (has DR and a glass blender).

• Like 1

That's normal. Wolf's the absolute king of sponges. If you're a mid-tier player like I am at the moment then he just takes a lot of time to kill, unless you're lucky and happen to run into him when you're on your best frame. I can easily kill him with Valkyr with radiation on her claws. That goes fairly fast. The other frames may be more tricky for now (for me). Especially because you never know when he's going to show up and he has that talent to show up exactly when he's inconvenient.

Either way, I make sure that I always have some specters ready in my gear wheel (Gara seems to work well) so that they can distract him and take off the pressure while I feed him bullets when I'm on a squishier frame. (I refuse to carry Wolf-specific loadout at all times.) The other day I ran into him while playing Octavia. Boyfriend was on Chroma. None of us was fully ranked up or had fully ranked up equipment. So I kept spamming the Mallet to distract the Wolf and his harem (and all the other enemies coming from a bloody fissure, as well) while we were slowly chipping away at his health. It was annoying and tedious but we survived. He dropped... a sword & shield stance we both already had... Yay?

If I run out of ammo, at worst I use the Operator or ammo restores. Sometimes there's space to be creative. Today I even used the Grineer Ramparts because I was caught by surprise while ranking up my Nezha. My poor little Nezha. I found out that they hit harder than my weapons, though.

Give in to your self-preservation instincts and be patient, I guess, unless you want to carry your best stuff at all times. Not my favourite boss. He's pretty tedious to deal with. You really did nothing wrong.

Edited by VanillaDragon
  • Like 1

Well to me there was a time where I was doing a normal solo exterminate mission on Jupiter when the Wolf showed up and I have to say: the fight with him is amazing! Though a pain in the butt. 😰

The wiki, in fact, states that he's completely immune to any status effects which only makes things really difficult. Though at the time he was all by himself and I was playing with my Nova, that's when I noticed that he's not completely immune to warframe abilities as I could slow him down with Nova's 4th ability but shooting him in the face didn't really help. Aslo, didn't try fighting him with any melee weapon as I was afraid I might had screwed something, but I managed to defeat him by making use of Nova's Antimatter Drop and shooting a couple of shoots at it with the Corinth then detonat it near the Wolf. Even it wasn't much - because this guy had a stupidly large amount of health - I was able to see that it still dealt some decend damage, enough to take him down some time later. Don't remember what was his level, though.

There was another time when the Wolf appeared and this time he brought company, I was Nezha in a full squad but as time progressed my teammates were like: "Nope! I'm out!"

tenor.gif?itemid=8423085

And they left one by one. Couldn't blame them, anyway. This time the Wolf was level 70! Not to mention that, for whatever reason, the fugitives were completely immune to everything, basically having their health grey, you know? Soooo... I also left. 😰

But what I can say is that he's not entirely impossible to defeat, we already know he can't be affected by status effects so I think you just need to play smart in someway or another, maybe trying using melee on him like how some in here are suggesting.

Edited by JackMcRain

Here's how I defeat Wolf. It will work solo or in a team!

Pre-requisites:

Equip any melee weapon with the slightest amount of Impact Damage (preferably with high base attack speed) and use Shattering Impact mod and mods like Gladiator Vice, Fury, Berserker, etc... for higher attack speed.

Equip any ammo efficient high damage primary (e.g. snipers, Opticor/Opticor Vandal) and mix heat/electricity mods for Radiation damage. You can also slot a cold damage mod for more damage against alloy! Wolf is immune to status, so use weapons with high base Critical Hit/Damage and corresponding mods!

When Wolf spawns:

0) If you have long-lasting CC, apply CC to the invincible fugitives. Then lead Wolf away from the fugitives, they don't seem to follow him closely!

1) Get 34 hits off Wolf with your melee weapon (Shattering Impact will strip 6 of Wolf's base armor, independent of his level... base armor is 200... so 34 hits)

2) Hit him with your high damage primary repeatedly. The numbers should go up the more you strip his armor!

References:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Shattering_Impact

Pretty simple answer is to keep around a decent radiation based weapon.  My current favorite choice right now is catchmoon modded for radiation with the recharge arcane.    It shreds him pretty hard and works with any frame.

I keep one of the 3 on me always: Rubico w eidolon loadout, Tombfinger or my Zaw w blood rush. The first time two have plenty of radiation, the last scales up heavy. 

Then just chipped him down. Killed him as Ivara once with her 4 as I was doing an invis riven solo and it also worked.

Radiation damage. At higher levels like floods unless you can remove his armor forget about it. 

His immortal helpers who set everything on fire are equally bad.

A rhino specter can tank him if the specter keeps aggro.

Last time he spawned in a flood we just ran past him. He doesn't drop good stuff anyways.

So far the only recommendations ive heard are bring a radiation weapon, something brutal, kitgun, arca plasmor,  something tbats for all intents an elephant gun!

And the only other thing that ive found may keep people trying, drop energy, ammo & vitality pizzas everywhere, keep everyones life & energy up to do maximum effect & leading this meatpuppet into an enclosed space, like hydron or helena defense, whoever gets aggro, lead the sh!tbag into one of the side rooms to lock down a smaller area so AoE effects both buffs & debuffs are in shorter ranges, selfish chromas still in a tight close location will impart that monster damage & health bonus.

But again, truth be told, the wolf isnt worth the fight unless you want the floofery, the hammers pathetic & im just gonna sell it further down the line for A big ole plat kick, might want the Mask for sh!ts n giggles, but for 90%of the time, everyone drops out.

Which is all the shame as I LOVE having a threat, something thats capable of instilling fear of the encounter & the pulling together numerous tactics & using everything at all 4 players disposal of collective knowledge & equipment to bring this threat to its dinosaur sized knees.

But the fight is all its worth, pathetic hammer, common mods no rep, just a mask & one of 3 components plus the BP for the hammer, NOT worth the effort, but if people are willing to fight, ill stay as I want people to experience the frenzy & what this game can be like when all 4 players go balls out, no mercy, sickhouse on this freakin mutant of sherman tank mixed with the tasmanian devil from looney tunes.

between your 2 Guns, Melee, or Archgun, just have one of them have Mods for Radiation Damage and also have atleast decent Crits. that'll do anytime you see the Wolf.

you don't need to change what your Loadout might normally be, with such a strategy. you can make choices that will Kill the Wolf faster than that, but you'll Kill him in an acceptable timeframe with my suggestion and i'm sure that's enough for 9/10 Players.

16 hours ago, vitreloy said:

Melee has the best dps on him, guns don't work well.

considering the Wolf is immune to Status, both Guns and Melee are fairly similar to each other.

• Like 1

Zitat

Strup his armour then shoot him. He's not tough without his armour, this one was level 65. Use a high damage non-slash based weapon modded for radiation and crit.

The wolf seems to scale to mission and to numbers of players. I got him 2 times solo and 2 times in party so far and solo he was gone in a short time but in group... no joke, it was a neo relic capture mission he spawned, I stripped his armor and than 4 guys shot 10 minutes at him until he was down. In my case every shot did 833 damage I was using a strada prime so I did hundreds of thousands of damage to him and his health bar did basically not move at all. 

Cant imagine how he would be on an axi mission. *shudder*

6 minutes ago, Fiewel said:

The wolf seems to scale to mission and to numbers of players. I got him 2 times solo and 2 times in party so far and solo he was gone in a short time but in group... no joke, it was a neo relic capture mission he spawned, I stripped his armor and than 4 guys shot 10 minutes at him until he was down. In my case every shot did 833 damage I was using a strada prime so I did hundreds of thousands of damage to him and his health bar did basically not move at all. 

Cant imagine how he would be on an axi mission. *shudder*

He scales because it's intended that all 4 players contribute to his demise. If they're not equipped correctly then they'll struggle. That's the risk of pub sadly.

• Like 1