Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(NSW)jonasty

What type of player are you

There is so much to do in warframe, and im wondering what are you players most focus in the game? I have a feeling i can't do everything with my play time. I like to crack open relics, do survival and defence, I have little interest in the open world at all, so i just wondering, are there stuff you people just ignore?

I like playing linear missions and killing things.

If I'm not murdering things, I'm not having fun. 

My fun is maximized around the level 25-40 range.  I'd love to have a Corpus Kuva siphon/fortress just to have more Kuva missions to choose from, as they fall into this range (+ I'll get Kuva!  Win-win.)

What I HATE running are endless missions.  I can tolerate them for brief stints every once in a while, mostly only do it for some reward.  I run Eidolons just to get some shards to convert into focus, because even though I don't use my operator much, I still don't want a crappy operator.

I am a grind player however I grind with my mates mostly. When they’re not online I’m a solo man and I just test different builds/optimizations. I do ESO and sortie daily to max my rep for syndicates. 

Sorties, farming kuva, rolling rivens and PoE and Orb Vallis bosses are my favorite pieces of content.

For the past several months I've been a Nightwave player. I log on, do a few missions based on what Nightwave tells me to do and then log off.

On a less snarky note though, before Nightwave I was taking my time slowly exploring out the different missions, playing around with different frame builds for different mission types and just finding what was fun for me. Spy missions with a Titania modded out for insane speed and bullet jump were a blast, blowing past enemies so fast they don't even notice me. Playing the sneaky assassin and taking out each foe with Ivara in exterminate missions took a while but felt really good too.

I'm a Nightwave player but I like taking time off to Fashionframe, kill Exploiter Orbs, and bullet jump around my Liset watching the trade chat pass by.

I'm the kind of player who, after having been here for over 4 years, likes to just sit down and join some newbs on Earth, and watch in silence while they are trying their hardest.

(And nuke the whole map every now and then when things go south or we're at the end of the 5th/10th/whatever wave.)

Well, first off, I'm stubborn - I play almost exclusively solo, just to see if I can.

I'm also very, very patient. I'm currently grinding for a Hydroid Prime, but I'm chilling with 6 of any Axi relics a day, and planning on sitting on the Axi H4s I get until he's vaulted.

I'm also a bit obsessed with rules and structure; I have no less than 4 different notes on my phone tracking stuff in this game, including one which contains a checklist of things I'm doing each day. Currently it consists of: 6 Axi relics, 12 relics cleared, one set of Tridolon, one Kavat DNA run, and Exploiter Orb if I can get double Toroids. I've suspended my Credits runs because I currently have nearly 72 million Credits with nothing to spend it on; I would really, really prefer my Credits to be between 64 to 69 million. I think I might be slightly OCD.

And of course, I love stealth, and in particular Ivara. Being almost indefinitely invisible and one-shotting everything still doesn't get old with me.

I moved from one thing to the next. I found a lot of time sink in:

Star chart clear

Dojo decorating/researching

Warframe collection

Mr grind

Fashionframe

Tradechat

Standing grind (especially getting floofs from fortuna. Looooooved that!)

Quest completion

I try to do well in almost every area of Warframe. My only exception is Conclave. I have done Trials, 1000 Eidolon tricaps, Orbs, ~190 Prodman autographs, codex completion, leaderboard events, etc. I try to have a hand in everything.

Log in, do dailies. Might crack a few relics. Sometimes I’ll cruise recruit chat for new players asking for help. Then log out, and wait for new content. Repeat in 24 hours. 

The type who would wipe out a ship's inhabitants and no one would know until I'm gone.

I like long-duration endless that have actual rewards for playing them. I like old-fashioned gunplay-heavy slow-paced missions. I like good boss fights. I love 4-player Interception at levels where enemies are just tough enough to not pop the moment you look at them.

So in other words I barely play anything except dailies and occasional relic runs because nothing like that really gets played any more. Sometimes I'll drop into Earth Interception with forma'd and low-tier gear to have fun and help newbies progress, and I have more fun doing that than I do with 90% of current endgame content.

I'm a player who spend his time in Region Chat engaging my Region Brethren with humorous snark...Just like how this game was meant to be played from the beginning...

I mostly grind standing for various faction/syndicate items. Just finally maxed Ventkids and built a new cool K-drive worthy of a potato. So now I just have to keep grinding for the good mods as well, and the operator stuff.

I also always keep farming and researching for new frames and weapons, so I can get more standing per day with high MR in future factions/syndicates (currently MR21). Got Nidus and vanilla Equinox (FINALLY) built this week, and just started researching for the last items in my dojo, except for the Hema of course.

About every second week or so I make a serious build for some new frame, and experimenting with their hidden strengths with augments and how I like to play with them. Same with weapons, as the goal is to have a fairly unique loadout for each frame that makes sense both for efficiency and the overall fashion. Last one was the much overdue Valkyr Prime, and a Zaw specialized in status and healing return for my non-healing frames in higher level content.

And of course always improving my operator. The Focus-tree is a huge grind, so I try to always carry lenses to collect focus during any mission, and occasionally capture some Eidolons for shards. This past week I've been gathering and experimenting more with differnet operator arcanes since they are not blueprints anymore. 

So yea, I guess I still do a little of everything, not burning myself out on anything specific. I generally prefer long endless type of missions though, or longer sessions in the open worlds, at least whenever I have someone likeminded to play with. Did a 90 minute Derelict surival yesterday with my bro for the (almost) last Mutagen Samples needed for the dojo research, for example. But there isn't much in the game I don't like doing, except for Conclave. I just need reasons to do it, and so far I still have plenty.

I'm the annoying kind. 

Opinionated, easily amused and capable of soloing 99% of the content but would rather be social. 

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm the annoying kind. 

Opinionated, easily amused and capable of soloing 99% of the content but would rather be social. 

But your personality...it just draws people in...it’s like you are magnetic.

Im a grinder who loves choice, fashion/the art design, and combat basics within a squad.

I like what made Warframe Great, basically.

well i usually have the highest amount of headshots any given game so basically i'm one of those ppl who give a damn about aiming i guess

Kill things, look good and show off my looks to others while working towards my next item.

It is not at all efficient which makes my grind slow but I have fun and i get to kill tons of things With my Guns.

I hate E̶̡̛̛͉͒̆̋͑̏̅̉̇̀̆̒̿́̒̆̚̕ ̶̣̏̈́̀́̉̋̀͑̅͊̑̽͐͝M̷̛̛̘̪͕̯̾̆̑́̏͆̌͊͌̕͘͠ ̷̮̿̾͑̓̅͝B̸̨͚͈͔͔̫̝̲̳̦̟̹̗̲̙̤̬͍͙̔́̃̈́̀̽͆͘͘ ̷̨͉̹̤̭͎̲̠̯̟̻̈́̎̈̾̓̒̍̃E̵̳̭̣̪̤͍͓͎͙̙͙̟͙̻̪̐̂́͐̊̊̂̈͛̿͑́̈̄ ̵̧̯̰̟̝̖́͊̐̅̆̉̇̀̔́̂̆͝R̶̫͈̮̫͎̻͇͎̭͍̖͐̿̀̇͋̈́!̷̞̩̹͙̙̝̗̣̱̣̯͖̦̂̄͛͜l   she Ruins my Fun...

I Like Octavia, Nova, and Equinox. and Please DE Octavia and Equinox needs more freakin Cosmetics. Especially Octavia.

And last but not least, I Hate Frames with Pre-built Syandanas, Stop this please. Makes almost all my Syandanas Clash horribly and makes them worthless.

that's about it.

On 2019-04-20 at 7:27 PM, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I'm a Nightwave player but I like taking time off to Fashionframe, kill Exploiter Orbs, and bullet jump around my Liset watching the trade chat pass by.

Dude I do exactly the same thing.

I don't know why but it feels natural.

I'm the type who strive to do most contents solo because people are A******s.

I'm the competitive player type, I yearn for more events to compete in, have around 75% headshots per mission and even in normal missions I try to speed run them as fast as I can, challenge myself to go faster, be more efficient, learn new tricks etc. I always preferred being in a clan that competed for leaderboard honours, pushed hard every event we had, that sort of thing.

In the event I do a public mission instead of with clan mates, I slow it down a little but still tend to carry pretty hard because that's just the way I am.