Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What type of player are you

(NSW)jonasty

In no particular order I like,

Shooting things
Story
Obtaining and leveling up new weapons
Learning how to beat the game solo

While I'm not exactly anti social finding PUGs who play well together is laughably bad. I tend to find either groups with one person so powerful that they nuke the map and achieve the goal before anyone else even gets their feet under them, or a group so bad that soloing it would be easier. Since soloing the content is an achievement I also enjoy, I tend to play solo unless there's something I really can't do then I cross my fingers and hope for the best and more often than not end up waiting until I can build a frame/weapon for that particular content.

En 20/4/2019 a las 13:10, (NSW)jonasty dijo:

There is so much to do in warframe, and im wondering what are you players most focus in the game? I have a feeling i can't do everything with my play time. I like to crack open relics, do survival and defence, I have little interest in the open world at all, so i just wondering, are there stuff you people just ignore?

My philosophy while playing WF is: only do what it is fun to do, so if that day I feel like mining that is what I do, and not the syndicate standing or the sortie. If I feel like opening relics, that is what I do. The next day I want to farm kavat codes and crossbreed different imprints, so much fun! I am always having the wonderful fun yet I am way behind other players. No fancy rivens or arcanes 😶 lvl 0 operator 😅 no rare mods 😛 I still get lost on the tile sets 🤦‍♀️ etc.

Now I want to farm ESO ephemera but I don't feel like making the right frame (trin, saryn, rhino, volt, etc) I am taking the frame I find the most fun on ESO: Mirage 😍 of course squads want the apropiate frames so I have to run public whith ppl leaving after a couple of zones 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2

I guess it all depends on my overall mood.

I love the carnage and destruction I can bring down upon my enemies heads with ungodly powerful frames, in part due to my in real life aggressive nature. Seriously, when I channel that into video games I can be an incredible monster, not to toot my own horn, but toot.

And I certainly love a good fight, though most of the boss's are just gimmicky. I think the best fights I have had came from The Wolf, at least when I was on a decent frame like my Oberon Prime, the Tridolon bounty, and recently the Thumpers.

Though I'll more often then not take the lazy route unless something actually peaks my interest. Like most of the Kill X amount of enemies with X damage, yesterday was fire damage I think. So Ember Prime/Malva/World on Fire. Done before the 5 minute mark.

But that Thumper I encountered on my Mirage Prime, now that was fun. I couldn't one shot it, and actually had to work to deal damage to it in a way that didn't feel gimmicky.

I love mucking and playing around with strange and fun builds and set ups. I have a melee Brawler mag that uses synth deconstruct as the only form of healing and energy energy generation, a Ivara that rarely uses invis, a twin rogga toating Hildryn that looks like a sports car.

I go for Style, application then how does what im doing make the game fun for me & those im playing with,

leveling weapons? Zarathustra aka Harrow for defense missions, energizes a whole party, built with weapons that have that odd kindnof vine work flourish, like the skin on the ignis wraith, with a pyrana prime which penance turns into a meatgrinder & the prisma cleavers with the steel meridian mod for massive easy energy gain.

Sorties? I break out The Wretched, My Nidus looks like a plauge spreading imp, hovering on pure pestilence with a sickly halloween nuclear green smoke ephemera that uses primarily status weapons, phantasma at true 100% stat chance, lesion & a kitgun, built for max range larva & streamline to give a major CC boost, with short duration, mpre snot balls faster pulls more of whatever may have spawned or came into range during the first snot ball & just use the recovery from knockdown as extra time to get in free hits.

If it doesnt look good, feel good or work well, im not having a good time & it reflects in my play, so best to fill those 3 all important requirements before inflicting it on other players let alone my spare time.

I like endless missions mostly but don't mind doing a bit of everything. Sadly because of how Warframe is balanced, most healing supports (harrow, equinox, trinity) don't really see much use other than very niche moments, and even then rarely. Due to how energize/grace/repair exist. So I'm either healing new players (whom don't play missions long enough for me to really need to heal them), or with vets, who play long enough for healing to be necessary or energy needed, then use zenurik/energize/repair and invalidate me.

Love the diversity from DE. 

On 2019-04-20 at 12:10 PM, (NSW)jonasty said:

There is so much to do in warframe, and im wondering what are you players most focus in the game? I have a feeling i can't do everything with my play time. I like to crack open relics, do survival and defence, I have little interest in the open world at all, so i just wondering, are there stuff you people just ignore?

A teacher and a competitive player. I enjoy my time in warframe now teaching others math and small gimmicks and quirks about the game.

I do a lot of Kuva farming with friends. Trading. Rolling Rivens, Fashion frames is a big thing for me. I buy Tennogen items with real money if they look great on my frames or weapons. I used to do more Eidolon hunting - I have about 1500 sets. Sometime I also do Arbitration and long survival to test builds. I also rebuild my weapons just to test new builds. I also help friends and sometimes give away free gifts/Rivens/plat.

Generally I like to see how much I can do without stopping my movement. I had a lot of fun doing a corpus hijack where I was constantly moving with a team that seemed content to park atop the mobile while I could run forward, run back, check the sides and utilize all my mobility to take out threats before they could get to the objective.

If I can do it in a streamlined manner without causing breaks it makes me very, very happy. I kinda wish there were more mobile objectives like that. Maybe even a mobile objective that drove about as a defense point. Reminds me of the Plains of Eidolon drone defense which generally makes me happy.

I also like to see how I can put together style-based builds (not necessarily the most meta) and check just how well i can do with them.

Sort of like this, but with Warframe is my ideal Warframe. To me, this is a motion game. I also enjoy chasing down things in Orb Vallis. 

On 2019-04-20 at 8:10 PM, (NSW)jonasty said:

a bored player. nothing to do in this game

Considering I have done practially everything I need and want and what little is left is pointless busywork (getting OV and PoE Arcanes) that I am slowly chipping away at as a sort of passive side-project. As to what i do normally, I do what seems fun and engaging at that moment. I have myself a story for my character that I organically change and add to to create my own narrative outside of the "kill things for lotus/system". 

Basically, I am one of those players who does things because they seem fun at that moment. 

Completionist here, trying to hit 27 atm while levelling everything I can so my codex looks as complete as my p**n collection :D

43 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Profit taker Phase 2, because farming that mission is like watching paint dry.)

Been farming this for atmo systems all week to rank up with that annoying Duck but I'm yet to get a SINGLE ONE! god I have rng..

Like someone said earlier, for me the game is at it's most fun in the Level 25-40 (maybe 25-60) range. I do things that seem obligatory (e.g., Sorties) but they're usually 5-minute affairs so it's not so much of a burden. Like that poster, too, endless missions are a drag - I will do one full cycle (to Rotation C), but I have to do something else after that or I'll go insane. 

I was playing for the Nightwave grind (I wasn't in love with the tasks, but a lot of Warframe time can be wasted saying "what do I do now?" and Nightwave did help with that). Now that I've reached level 30 I stopped that cold - there's bo reason to keep earning rep. 

But basically, I like to murderize badguys in big numbers, play around with off-meta stuff, and generally just enjoy the speed and almost-silly joy of the gameplay itself. So I do whatever seems fun at the time - open some relics, surfboard around the Orb Vallis, forma a weapon to try a new build...etc. 

Before Warframe I used to play primarily PVP games, so I'm more competitive oriented. In Warframe what I used to enjoy doing the most were endurance runs to push the limits of the builds I spent so much time farming for. However waiting 2 hours before getting to the enemy level I was looking for is excruciating, so I've been playing the game a lot less lately. Right now what I'm getting out of the game is mostly story and lore, I love the world and its art direction. I'm NOT a collector, I stopped farming for MR around MR 19-20 more or less (and still somehow ended up in MR 24, but I can't be bothered to collect everything, which seems to be the main attraction of this game).

• Like 1