(XB1)RDeschain82

Exodia Arcanes for all melee weapons.

Would be a lot of fun on gunblades and ranged melee. Would NOT make already powerful weapons any more powerful than they already are. Would gives us more build diversity. Also little to no effort on the devs part to implement. And with Exodia's not having to be crafted anymore, I'd probably play a lot more experimenting with many weapons I wouldn't normally play with. 

Anyway just a shower thought. 

Thank you. 

• Upvote 6

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Why not make more diverse zaw types, then? New parts that allow for zaw gunblades to exist, I mean. Same for Kitguns.

If you're worried about maintaining the uniqueness of the zaws platform, there is an easy solution. Zaws are modular,  keep them modular. Let us break them down and mix and match in our foundary as long as they are built.

Or even better let's us mix and match zaws on the fly; in game. Ordis can beam down arch guns, why not different zaw pieces and our Sentinels or Pet Moas can put them together with some kinda mobile foundry segment. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Posted (edited)

Pax Arcane for all secondary too?

I sure don't mind Pax Charge Euphona!

Edited by Datam4ss

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Pax Arcane for all secondary too?

I sure don't mind Pax Charge Euphona!

tenor.gif

That should help knock that kit gun "meta" down a notch.

Oh and nb4 "but that would make secondary weapons too powerful" lol psh yeah cause kit guns aren't just as powerful. 

Might as well embrace and  distribute arcanes a little more evenly with all weapons. I mean you're gonna one shot everything anyway /s😂

Green potato for prime/prisma/syndicate/wraith/vandal/mara weapons would be neato. Then giving alt Exodias that have guaranteed, but event locked effects. E.g. the non-zaw weapon version of exodia hunt being 100% pull in 24m range every 3rd slam attack.

Given how zaws seemed to numerically power creep to the top of almost every weapon category they existed for... Yeah, there's probably not a whole lot of reason for them to also have exclusive access to the exodia arcanes.

doesn't really make a difference to me either way, though, and I don't really expect a change

There are some weapons that have unique effects. I want pyrana prime effect on my rattleguts. Why not let us have every single unique effect as an arcane? That way we can choose and decide which effect we want on which weapon.

Why not simply add more inventive mods, in that case? At the end of the day, arcanes of any type are just mods with a funny build structure and their own dedicated slot: there is nothing stopping Exodia Epidemic, for example, from being turned into a 4-rank rare mod that lets ground slams suspend enemies hit for 1/2/3/4 seconds. I can agree that it's currently difficult to add those sorts of interesting gameplay effects to mods, when current mod builds are dominated by raw damage increases of some kind of another, but to me that suggests we need to remove or nerf those more boring mods to make way for interesting ones (and adjust enemy scaling accordingly).

22 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Why not simply add more inventive mods, in that case? At the end of the day, arcanes of any type are just mods with a funny build structure and their own dedicated slot: there is nothing stopping Exodia Epidemic, for example, from being turned into a 4-rank rare mod that lets ground slams suspend enemies hit for 1/2/3/4 seconds. I can agree that it's currently difficult to add those sorts of interesting gameplay effects to mods, when current mod builds are dominated by raw damage increases of some kind of another, but to me that suggests we need to remove or nerf those more boring mods to make way for interesting ones (and adjust enemy scaling accordingly).

Turn them into mods and have them never be used. Great idea!

• Like 2
  • Woah 2

1 hour ago, TheRealShade said:

Turn them into mods and have them never be used. Great idea!

... but I literally admit that, explain why that is the case in the current state of affairs, and propose a solution in the very post you are quoting. Did you even read it in full before springing up with this little gotcha of yours?

• Upvote 2

Would make for little reason to build zaws and would OP some regular melee like whips and gunblades, which currently do not need their damage doubled by exodia to be competitive with zaws, so would not support such a change.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Buttaface said:

Would make for little reason to build zaws 

I disagree. Zaws are easier to build than prime weapons. And are a side grade to them in many cases. 

would OP some regular melee like whips and gunblades

I disagree. Would give a vary nice QoL buffs to all daggers and ranged thrown melee. Whips will remain OP as well as Gunblades. So all in all, would make the underused weps more relevant and interactive to use. 

so would not support such a change

And that's fine. Thank you for expressing your opinion. 

On 2019-04-26 at 6:46 AM, Teridax68 said:

... but I literally admit that, explain why that is the case in the current state of affairs, and propose a solution in the very post you are quoting. Did you even read it in full before springing up with this little gotcha of yours?

Ah hah, so you do admit it! 

Spoiler

😈

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 2019-06-24 at 9:51 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Ah hah, so you do admit it! 

Ah hah!