Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's new augment made her popular, that's great, but the rag doll effect on her 4 isn't

bigBiermonster

As mentioned in the title, I'm very happy Khora found a good niche and that she is now very welcome in Kuva survival and other missions.

However, her surging popularity made one fact painfully obvious, and it's a game wide issue.

The rag doll effect in warframe is overtuned to a terrible degree, while it can be fun to see an enemy fly to all hells once or twice, trying to actually shoot said enemy down while he is dangling around is not that fun.

it's not just a khora issue, Valkyr's harpoon suffers from that as well.
Reading the ability description, one might thing "that's cool, it pulls the enemy to me so i can melee him", but wait, why do they keep flying to the other side of the map

There are other examples to be found everywhere around the game (looking at you Gram prime), and it just, to me at least, makes the game show it's age with this terribly physics effect.

Tune it down, way down, i'd start with 10% of the current strength, yes, that is how much i think this ability is out of tune for a modern game.

To conclude 
Rag doll effect, while fun occasionally, has become so common it is effecting gameplay negatively, and breaks immersion to such a degree, the entire system should be reconsidered, or at least undergo significant changes.

• Like 1

Devs really love their ragdoll system, even to the point it makes enemies blast off again like Team Rocket. Khora's Strangledome is one such accomplishment; they built it around the idea of having ragdolls dangling from it.

They haven't removed it from Tentacle Swarm, they added it to Air Burst, by proxy they aren't gonna remove it from Strangledome either.

It's not one of the main reasons but it is a subset of the reason I still think her augment should be changed to effecting restrained enemies. EG Either Ensnare or Strangledome would count as "restrained". As not only does that expand the playstyles that benefit from the augment from pure turtling to also include a more active playstyle but it also extends it in a way that other players (read: not the Khora cause Khora can just whipclaw) won't always end up fighting VS Strangledomes more Cirque Du Soleil predispositions. 

Even Hydroids tendrils don't tend to wiggle their targets all that much with respect to that of the Strangledome spin. 

I don't use Strangledome all that much, but I have noticed the enemies jounce around quite a bit. 

Of course, you're supposed to use your Whipclaw on them and not shoot them...

If you're not Khora, I can see it being rather annoying. In that case, I simply don't shoot them. They are under control and there are usually other things needing attention. Any decent Khora should be able to handle her own victims. I play Khora quite a bit and I can assure you I do have something in mind for those caught up in the 'dome when I use it. 

I just don't see it as a major issue. 

• Like 2