Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptation is broken

sardiax

After a death/revive - Adaptation appears to stop working or works very differently. 

Watch the shields in the video and you can see 3 damage per swipe once adaptation hits 90% reduction, and 30 damage after reviving. Which would be consistent with 90% damage reduction and 0%. I used the angstrum to kill myself to shorten the recording but in my previous tests the way I died didn't seem to make any changes in behavior.

If anybody has this mod and would be willing to do their own tests to verify - it's possible this is caused by something else I can't figure out.

Edited by sardiax
clarification

After some further testing - this is definitely weirder then I originally thought. 

The bug only seems to affect specific types of attacks - in the previous video a butcher swipe.

After dying other enemy attacks would interact with adaptation properly but all further butcher swipes from any butcher would do full damage as if adaptation was doing 0% damage reduction.

Edited by sardiax

I think this happened to me with the Wolf. After dying once with it taking quite a few hits to take me down, he proceeded to one-shot me after a revive. But maybe he can just nullify it. Wouldn't surprise me 

I did some more extensive testing in the simulacrum  - and this bug seems to carry over to other attacks by completely different enemy types as long as they use the same damage type (in the video - butcher/kubrow are slash and charger/crawler are impact.

Edited by sardiax

Apparently my focus on testing with melee attackers (because it was much easier) caused me to overlook the fact this bug can actually kinda benefit you vs. ranged attackers. 

If adaptation becomes bugged against a melee slash attack for example - it will be at 90% damage reduction vs ranged slash attacks until the end of the mission.

I'm not sure now it was actually working properly with the ranger attackers - I guess it was just carrying over the same as with the melee attackers, it's kind of hard to tell if the damage reduction is actually working properly.

Edited by sardiax

None of my previous videos cover it - but this bug does effect each player separately in a multiplayer session. 

It is happening on death to any melee attack so it should be easy to verify my findings.

Edited by sardiax

DE: You found a problem with game mechanic? We know how to fix this! Here have a new cosmetic for your Operator!

This problem has been around for very long time. Its been reported here by others. And like all broken mechanics its fallen on deaf ears and swept under the carpet to be ignored. I wouldnt expect this to be fixed anytime soon. Who knows, you may have better luck reporting this on reddit or (heaven forbid) facebook.

Edited by tychondus