Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"You only need to do 65 percent of the challenge to complete Nightwave" means 65 percent of returning players are effectively screwed.

NaoEthelia

Having to do only 65% of the challenges effectively means that if any returning players have passed the 35% leeway, which in this case means Week 5 - Week 10, they are effectively screwed over. The slight deadline expansion is good to have as it extends the deadline to roughly Week 12, which reduces the minimal requirement to 55% of all challenges, but the numbers are still not good. It still means that roughly 55% of returning player (which in this case Week 6 - Week 12) are effectively too late to join. Nightwave as it is, is currently hostile towards long-term returning players, the very playerbase that you want to keep, and you don't want to screw them over, do you?

Let's fix that.

Nightwave series and any series in the future should be permanent. Let us pick routes on what we want to work towards. This would effectively remove the pressure to continuously play this game, and not only this will be a QoL feature for players that may not have that much time on their hands to begin with, it would also still welcome any returning players with a reasonable chance to catch up what they have missed.

PS. Please keep this thread civil.

Edited by NaoEthelia
  • Like 25

Nah, you can still join in to make use of wolfcreds in the store for nitain and potatoes. The tier rewards are to reward the more active and dedicated players imo. 

I mean, you either play the game or you don't. If you for whatever reason don't have time to play or don't want to play then of course you will miss out on stuff, I don't see the problem with that. Seasons will rotate and similar rewards will always be available in the next one. Better luck next time!

Edited by SirTobe
  • Like 15

Dedicated players need a reward for being dedicated. No casual is min-maxing enough to make use of an Umbral Forma, and hard to get cosmetics SHOULD be reserved for those willing to put in the hours to grind them. Don't make hardcore players feel like their time is wasted on a game that waves prestige in their face then passes it out to everyone like a damn participation medal. This game does the 'easy mode', beginner-friendly pandering enough, already.

Edited by iG4B3
  • Like 24

Just now, iG4B3 said:

Dedicated players need a reward for being dedicated. No casual is min-maxing enough to make use of an Umbral Forma, and hard to get cosmetics SHOULD be reserved for those willing to put in the hours to grind them. Don't make hardcore players feel like their time is wasted on a game that waves prestige in their face then passes it out like a damn participation medal. This game does the 'easy mode', beginner-friendly pandering enough, already.

Dedicated players will still be rewarded for dedication. Hard to get cosmetics would still be reserved for those willing to put in the hours to grind them since they're locked at rank 30. Prestiges in the current nightwave is also non-existent since there's no exclusive reward beyond Rank 30 armor.

Making Nightwave Series permanent won't change that. 🙂

• Like 3

Just now, NaoEthelia said:

The current series. Not Nightwave in general.

The story behind the current series doesn't support a permanent installment.  Nightwave's set up lends itself to short stories, pop up villains that we beat down and get rewarded for.

Plus, DE likes reoccuring rewards.  The Wolf armor and other Wolf specific items may get added to the reward pool of something else or even his own drops but pretty much everything else in the reward tiers will make a come back.  (and are already in the open game drop tables)

The only way this is bad for returning players is that they wont get the top tier rewards on this go round.  DE's history shows everything else is coming back. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NaoEthelia said:

Dedicated players will still be rewarded for dedication. Hard to get cosmetics would still be reserved for those willing to put in the hours to grind them since they're locked at rank 30. Prestiges in the current nightwave is also non-existent since there's no exclusive reward beyond Rank 30 armor.

Making Nightwave Series permanent won't change that. 🙂

How on Earth do you come to that conclusion?

If Nightwave is permanent, as in, not limited by the time of the series, then ANYONE will be able to get to the max rank, eventually.
The point of those rewards is that everyone willing to do 65% of the content EVERY SINGLE WEEK are the only ones that should be able to get it.

• Like 11

This thread reads more like “I’ve missed the start so DE should extend it because I want the rewards”. 

Whilst they’re at it, why not make all events permanent? 

Nobody is getting screwed over. It’s been heavily advertised and any player who was following the game slightly would’ve seen it and had the choice to jump in early. If someone is returning now that’s their personal issue and not one that DE nor those of us who have grinded the rewards should compensate for. 

• Like 5

I like the concept that there could be a "Path".... let me try to explain it better;

1. Once a "season" is over, it gets added to the "Nightwave Path"
  2. When there are more than one "Paths" as an option, you can only choose to focus on one Path weekly (or even monthly, adding moar time gate). (Case below for example)
  3. You pick which path FOR THAT WEEK, that all the challenges will reward you standing towards. This way, players can eventually work towards any rank 30, on any path, just time-gated (yay! we love time gates) for that week.
  4. Any "spawn-in" (like the fugitives) counts towards that Path you have chosen.

I noticed the Nightwave thing a week after I had kinda gotten back into playing, which by then was week 4, and nothing had told me that it was "going to end and standing reset" (at least nothing stood out until I dug into it) so I have been behind the curve the whole time. Also the 150 for fugitives wasn't helping, I would only see them every 10 missions, and Wolf Gives no standing. I am glad they raised the Fugitives to give 100 per, but its still super low to me, especially how rare they are.

Thus far, playing daily, since Week 4 and focused on Nightwave, I've only ever seen Wolf 3 times. The third time, everyone in the group aborted... even the host, which reset Wolfs health from half to full. 20 minutes later Wolf died, and I got a North Wind. Thanks.

Edit;

Also, it's actually 69.767% rounding up. (at 10 weeks though, which is what they originally stated.)

Edited by Argenex
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, NaoEthelia said:

Night wave series and any series in the future should be permanent...

Maybe not the whole thing, but some of the rewards like nitain etc could somehow be permanently available the way that faction items are. I kinda like the rotating rewards. 

Also, limited availability items are kind of a thing in online games. They’re neat. I sold Max’s severed head for $300 dollars once.

• Like 2

At some point you have to draw a line where you say "If you weren't here then you don't get the rewards".

A player who chooses to literally not play the game shouldn't have the ability to get every single reward that a consistent player gets. Players who miss Operations miss out on their rewards as well, and if some player came back after one had finished and asked for all the rewards it wouldn't make sense there either. As long as the events are properly advertised as time-limited events (which most events and Nightwave have been), then a player choosing to not play the game until late in the event has no valid argument. 

Additionally, most of Warframe's exclusive rewards have historically been re-introduced to the game at a later date (for example Wraith/Vandal weapons and the Harkonar Wraith Armor). There is a pretty good chance that players who don't get the Saturn Six gear will be able to get it at a later date through some other method.

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

At some point you have to draw a line where you say "If you weren't here then you don't get the rewards

Yeah pretty much. I mean DE already extended the event, and people are saying "but that doesn't help me or new players if they choose to come back to the game a week before the NEW end to nightwave..", if a different system were put in place there'd be another group calling for allowances made for them - tailored to their play schedule/work schedule/life shedule so it's be easier to obtain rewards with less work.

These personal allowances for every player is just one of those "Where does it end? Does it ever?" things.

Edited by (XB1)AdolphBinStalin
  • Like 2

I started Warframe on Week 2 as a completely new player....who was given 11000 plat by my girlfriend whos a MR27, and bought another 10kish plat cuz I gotten a 75 percent coupon on Day 5, and another on Day 35. o.O 

Im now Rank 22 in Nightwave...will get to 24 maybe 25 this week.  I like to think I did good, spite the amount of rushing I had to do....but I did it cuz I want that Umbra Forma for my Oberon Prime >.<

On Day 51, MR14 at least. Beh...

Edited by Alexandrious

2 hours ago, iG4B3 said:

Dedicated players need a reward for being dedicated. No casual is min-maxing enough to make use of an Umbral Forma, and hard to get cosmetics SHOULD be reserved for those willing to put in the hours to grind them. Don't make hardcore players feel like their time is wasted on a game that waves prestige in their face then passes it out to everyone like a damn participation medal. This game does the 'easy mode', beginner-friendly pandering enough, already.

So what ? Let's screw 95% of the playerbase because the 5% composed by tryhards wants to feel rewarded and for things to be exclusive so they can show off ?
Hmmm....sounds like how the real world works. Nah, thanks. I think I'll pass and prefer this game to keep on being more casual friendly.

• Like 5

I missed the start of the event and now I am at rank 23, I don’t think I can reach rank 30 before the end. I hope when season 2 start they will continue from rank 31 to 60 , that way at least the rest of us can get another shot at getting the current season reward when the new season start instead of starting from scratch and not getting that sweet Forma.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)SCiFiOne said:

I missed the start of the event and now I am at rank 23, I don’t think I can reach rank 30 before the end. I hope when season 2 start they will continue from rank 31 to 60 , that way at least the rest of us can get another shot at getting the current season reward when the new season start instead of starting from scratch and not getting that sweet Forma.

Naw man you got this week and two more left. You can do it. Plus the spawn rate of the fugitives will likely increase again next week for the final episode.  So if the next two weeks has some weeklies you just cannot do, you should be able to supplement what you can do with the fugitives. 

Edited by Alexandrious

16 minutes ago, Elyann said:

So what ? Let's screw 95% of the playerbase because the 5% composed by tryhards wants to feel rewarded and for things to be exclusive so they can show off ?
Hmmm....sounds like how the real world works. Nah, thanks. I think I'll pass and prefer this game to keep on being more casual friendly.

...where are you getting 95% from?  I'm willing to put down plat that if that many players hadn't made significant progress in Nightwave, DE would be doing something about it.

As to your tryhard comment; I half arsed this entire thing and finished it.  That's with being picky over the challenges I did and not getting Prisoners when they spawned.  It truly isn't that difficult to accomplish this, if you bother trying.

But, yes, I do want to feel rewarded for things I do.  That's also how the real world works, being rewarded when you put in time and effort into something, no matter how small.  The exclusivity bit though, I really don't care who has what.  I play for my own entertainment, not the envy or jealousy of others. 

The game is still casual friendly, it's just not friendly to people who want things handed to them with no effort and it never has been, which is the game I've loved for years. 

• Like 2