Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"You only need to do 65 percent of the challenge to complete Nightwave" means 65 percent of returning players are effectively screwed.

NaoEthelia

27 minutes ago, Elyann said:

So what ? Let's screw 95% of the playerbase because the 5% composed by tryhards wants to feel rewarded and for things to be exclusive so they can show off ?
Hmmm....sounds like how the real world works. Nah, thanks. I think I'll pass and prefer this game to keep on being more casual friendly.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Just saying.

• Like 2

il y a 13 minutes, MagPrime a dit :

...where are you getting 95% from?  I'm willing to put down plat that if that many players hadn't made significant progress in Nightwave, DE would be doing something about it.

As to your tryhard comment; I half arsed this entire thing and finished it.  That's with being picky over the challenges I did and not getting Prisoners when they spawned.  It truly isn't that difficult to accomplish this, if you bother trying.

But, yes, I do want to feel rewarded for things I do.  That's also how the real world works, being rewarded when you put in time and effort into something, no matter how small.  The exclusivity bit though, I really don't care who has what.  I play for my own entertainment, not the envy or jealousy of others. 

The game is still casual friendly, it's just not friendly to people who want things handed to them with no effort and it never has been, which is the game I've loved for years. 

As you said this game is definitely casual friendly, but nowadays being casual means getting everything while doing nothing at all. The only thing people are capable of is complaining all day long, they're frustrated about everything and are even still playing games they don't have fun with for some reasons, loots for example. 😯

1 minute ago, 000l000 said:

As you said this game is definitely casual friendly, but nowadays being casual means getting everything while doing nothing at all. The only thing people are capable of is complaining all day long, they're frustrated about everything and are even still playing games they don't have fun with for some reasons, loots for example. 😯

This stuff happens in cycles on the Forums, stick around long enough and you'll be able to set the seasons by it.   I wouldn't suggest getting too wrapped up in what you see or make up your mind on anything regarding the community or game because of that.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The game is still casual friendly, it's just not friendly to people who want things handed to them with no effort and it never has been, which is the game I've loved for years. 

Sure, let me spend plat instead!

1. This is not how math works in the actual environment

2. Making it permanent goes against one of NW's purposes, to provide activities for vets/grinders. Make it permanent and that's 1 more thing most are done with

3. I can not stress this enough. NW is a prime example of no matter how casual an event may be, people can be lazy and entitled about it

4. Nothing is exclusive

5. I am screwed out of every single operation before I joined, so what of it? I have everything from those apart from IW's BP, so will those who missed NW

6. I bet my ass, by the time we make it to the Tau system Umbral forma will be the norm

7. Yes, this means that the more devoted players will get a head start, why is that considered unfair by some I can't understand

8. By OP's logic, we will never have any more events, god forbid someone who just might reinstall one day misses something

Edited by Ver1dian
  • Like 1

I got the perfect solution for any online games events 😈

When a returning or new player join a long event on the last week exetended it again for full duration and repeat for every new or returning player that comes in on the last week on that stretch.  This way the developers never have to foucs on making new events and same event can run for years as ppl join the event late.

• Like 1

I think one of the problems is the scale. Technically speaking, this is no different than missing out on many smaller events in the past. I know I wasn't around for most of the fun ones. I guess they stopped doing those. Anyways, even if someone literally started in the middle of a smaller event, say with a 1 week duration, and couldn't get all the rewards, that might be a disappointment but it's short-lived overall.

However, in this case, the event is so long, that starting somewhere in the middle, being unable to see the ending on the horizon despite having a substantial amount of time remaining, and knowing you still won't be able to finish everything, is just a major buzzkill. For such a major integral game system, I don't think it's very encouraging to anyone.

Again, the ideas are the same but the scale isn't. Is it better or worse? I can't really say as I am not a returning playing experiencing the situation.

Edited by ArcKnight9202

5 hours ago, NaoEthelia said:

Having to do only 65% of the challenges effectively means that if any returning players have passed the 35% leeway, which in this case means Week 5 - Week 10, they are effectively screwed over. The slight deadline expansion is good to have as it extends the deadline to roughly Week 12, which reduces the minimal requirement to 55% of all challenges, but the numbers are still not good. It still means that roughly 55% of returning player (which in this case Week 6 - Week 12) are effectively too late to join. Nightwave as it is, is currently hostile towards long-term returning players, the very playerbase that you want to keep, and you don't want to screw them over, do you?

Let's fix that.

Nightwave series and any series in the future should be permanent. Let us pick routes on what we want to work towards. This would effectively remove the pressure to continuously play this game, and not only this will be a QoL feature for players that may not have that much time on their hands to begin with, it would also still welcome any returning players with a reasonable chance to catch up what they have missed.

PS. Please keep this thread civil.

You snooze...you lose.

You leave a game for an extended period of time - don't be surprised if you miss out on stuff. 

Thats how the game (and life) works. 

And FYI WoSS is only the first of a series of Nightwave events. There will be other chances later to get rewards. Maybe different rewards, but rewards nonetheless.

The game doesn't have to operate to suit everyone's personal calendar / agenda.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R.O.G.U.E. said:

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Just saying.

but there is such thing as an Early Lunch.. just ask Konzu, he knows all about it!

personally I'd say it wouldn't be that bad if they extended Nightwave I'm still gonna go at my usual pace, and allowing others to catch up doesn't affect my gameplay experience negatively, so why not? something for people to work towards as well.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NaoEthelia said:

Having to do only 65% of the challenges effectively means that if any returning players have passed the 35% leeway, which in this case means Week 5 - Week 10, they are effectively screwed over. The slight deadline expansion is good to have as it extends the deadline to roughly Week 12, which reduces the minimal requirement to 55% of all challenges, but the numbers are still not good. It still means that roughly 55% of returning player (which in this case Week 6 - Week 12) are effectively too late to join. Nightwave as it is, is currently hostile towards long-term returning players, the very playerbase that you want to keep, and you don't want to screw them over, do you?

Let's fix that.

Nightwave series and any series in the future should be permanent. Let us pick routes on what we want to work towards. This would effectively remove the pressure to continuously play this game, and not only this will be a QoL feature for players that may not have that much time on their hands to begin with, it would also still welcome any returning players with a reasonable chance to catch up what they have missed.

PS. Please keep this thread civil.

Don't worry. I'm sure the rewards will be recycled eventually, just like Baro's stock. I've missed plenty of things from him, but I don't go blaming DE for that. I was the one late to the party, after all.

Edited by Numerikuu

Hopefully the season 2 weekly challenges will simply become globally available each week but won't expire until the season is completely over. 

That way anyone can pop in and have the opportunity to play catch up. The only possible caveat being that identical challenges will resolve consecutively instead of concurrently. Dissimilar challenges are fine resolving concurrently as they do now. 

• Like 1

The thing they need to do is make the challenges stack up during the series. It will however need some work because it will probably be tricky for them to have two of the same challenge active at any one time. Maybe they should make sure to make all challenges unique.

• Like 2

Only a guess, but I'm betting there will only be enough seasons for whatever they are releasing that year, then will do a recycle back again whenever there is a opening. Next season likely revolves around someone linked to railjacks. Then the season after that revolves around someone related to the planes of duviri and so on.

After a critical mass of random characters with a shallow enough link to the events around the system, they may just reuse them.  Like Wolf may make guest appearances as often as stalker, aladv or hek. It can be a completely different story but use the same exact rewards (baring future feeback changes). So they don't need a 100% replay of a season. Doesn't matter how the final conflict with the wolf goes down. DE is as bad as DC or Marvel in keeping people dead.

We already have a steady return rate of past rewards measured in years that usually amounts to skins that have already been prismaed or remade in some fashion. It's at best a finger twirl of an occasion. This winter Baro took 8 weeks to piecemeal the pacifism defect rewards back to us and it happened early 2017. Newer players missing something by the skin of their teeth is nothing new. But another future chance is nothing new here either.

Edited by Firetempest

Warframe has always favored a timed-exclusive model. It rewards players who are there every day. Yes, that means it punishes players who aren't there every day, who take breaks, etc. But that's just kinda tough tipedos. Having a draw to entice players to stay is pretty important.

Add alternative methods to gain access to the cosmetics of the nightwave later on, for the time if youre not here to do it then you will miss out. Its not like a live concert will wait around for you to come aorund much later so they can do the concert again. In a way nightwave was made to also give players something to activly do, i know friends who logged on every day to do it instead of logging on every weekday now and then.

For those that wherent here, if youre not here then you miss out, dont blame anyone else than yourself for that.

• Like 1

To the OP: Personally I don't care one way or another. It'd probably benefit me in the long run, since sometimes I take longer breaks from the game. However, let's try to be realistic here for a moment: DE most likely implemented Nightwave exactly due to the temporary nature of this battle pass system. They want players logged on to the game and returning on a consistent basis. Nightwave accomplished this, and this is not a guess from my part, this was Steve saying it in no unclear terms during that interview with Mogamu: he admitted he's getting tons of vocal complaints about ppl regarding Nightwave, but at the same time NW got more players returning and logged on to WF than pretty much any other update they've done in the past. It's working. It causes a subset of the community (an extremely vocal minority if you will) to be disgruntled about the FOMO and complaining on the forums and threatening to leave the game, but it's clearly working out for them. A permanent Nightwave wouldn't have the same effect, I don't think. I guess we'll have to see what they end up doing for season 2. Personally I hope they revamp how challenges work to try to accomodate both casuals and hardcore tryhards, instead of alienating one or the other. Not too concerned about the temporary aspect of it tho. 

Also, gonna take the time to applaud this post, LOL, right on the mark: 👏👏👏

5 hours ago, MagPrime said:

...where are you getting 95% from?  I'm willing to put down plat that if that many players hadn't made significant progress in Nightwave, DE would be doing something about it.

As to your tryhard comment; I half arsed this entire thing and finished it.  That's with being picky over the challenges I did and not getting Prisoners when they spawned.  It truly isn't that difficult to accomplish this, if you bother trying.

But, yes, I do want to feel rewarded for things I do.  That's also how the real world works, being rewarded when you put in time and effort into something, no matter how small.  The exclusivity bit though, I really don't care who has what.  I play for my own entertainment, not the envy or jealousy of others. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NaoEthelia said:

Nightwave series and any series in the future should be permanent.

Oh god please no, they do not need to reward snowflakes, there is such a thing called earning a reward with hard work or dedication.

I played only a hour every day with maybe two to four hours on the weekend, and still got to level 30 in the Nightwave.

not everyone should get rewarded for just logging in, nor should people get rewarded for afking through a event, and than coming in at only the end, and getting everything the event has to offer.

• Like 1

Someone else on a different one of these threads said that DE should keep the previous weeks open. If that would please enough people, I don't see the harm in being able to work on the week 3 challenges during the 6th week of the season. But keeping them open indefinably? I don't like that idea for a few reason.

The thing with battle passes is that each season they offer completely new content to unlock for rewards. That isn't the case with Nightwave. DE has already said that not every season will have new stuff, and we'll see the return of old rewards. It is likely that a lot (or even all) of the rewards will be recycled. Why bother keeping previous seasons open if the next season is just going to offer the same stuff? I just feel like its a lot of unnecessary work for DE to make room for and program the cataloging and archiving of systems that are, at the end of the day, redundant.

TL;DR: I don't mind the idea of DE keeping the previous weeks and their challenges open for the duration of the season, but I don't like old season being kept open indefinitely.