Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leavers Need Busting - 59:57 / 60:00 Kuva S.

iG4B3

With hour-long thresholds for weeklies come trolls looking to ruin it. This is a not a fking meme, this actually happened.
Nekros, Gara with a low MR Hyldrin all recruited. I run Hydroid so there's no risk of needing to pop a capsule, also decent cc. We run smoothly for 50 mins, not dropping below 95% life support.
Nekros and Gara suddenly disappear five minutes from the end; no extraction, just disconnected. I am now left with a newbie player doing 7% of the team's damage while I have to make up for two missing players' worth, while defending 1-shot capsules w/o a Gara wall, just to get life support.
cpaYedu.jpg?width=723&height=407
nExO1fs.png

Good stuff.

I am certain it went like this:

Gara:

- Hey there, Nekros, ol' boy, we've spent 50 minutes in here, let us depart and rustle Hydroid's jimmies?

Nekros:

-Why, what an absolutely marvelous idea, Gara, I concur, shall we vacate straight away?

And it certainly wasn't them smashing their keyboard because of the 50m host migration, like I had the other day at an excavation fissure.

Nope... surely not that. 🙄

Edited by Ver1dian
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, iG4B3 said:

Nekros and Gara suddenly disappear five minutes from the end; no extraction, just disconnected.

So two players suffer a DC and a host Migration, and you want to punish them for that?  Because they lost connection to you?  And most likely due to absolutely no fault of their own, and likely it was your connection that had the problem?

Wow.

So according to you poor connections need to be punished, even when it isn't necessarily the fault of the people who disconnected, and is likely the fault of the host having a small hiccup?

I wanna go back to old Warframe...c'mon casuals listen to the Youtuber...

Ugggghhh...I would rather they stop with these forced friend hour long challenge ordeals and just bring the two hour long enemies to us at the 45 minute mark in the form of specialized units meant to challenge the player's build like the original Bursa, Maniacs, Nox, and the giant Juggernaut (not its glorified charger form), but have them show up not as push overs nerfed to the ground...Because when they were not nerfed you'd see the forums light up with crying about them....so the challenge and fear was there if that's what you craved in those knock down one shot units...Because sitting for an hour or two for another bronco prime BP sucked then and it sucks now...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

When I am the host and 2 players DC simultaneously, yet one remains, it's not my connection that is the issue. If it was, 3 would leave, or more likely, I would DC from the game.
The odds that these 2 DC's live in the same ISP service zone to be affected by the same technical issue are slim to none especially as independently recruited randoms.
I didn't say anyone should be banned, but leaver-busting with mission-join cooldowns and the like is not a foreign nor oppressive concept.

7 minutes ago, iG4B3 said:

When I am the host and 2 players DC simultaneously, yet one remains, it's not my connection that is the issue. If it was, 3 would leave, or more likely, I would DC from the game.

Actually, not quite true. It is actually possible for the host to DC the rest of the team without DC-ing themselves from the game, and I am not sharing it on forums due to how it can be used to troll others. This being said, your experience is more likely due to connection on your side in my opinion. As someone who travels an awful lot and plays warframe despite not "being at home" I have seen occasions of 2 people disconnecting at the same time sometimes due to the wonky connection on my side before as host. I have also seen occasions where the host was someone else and the 2 other players (aside from me and host) disconnects while I only had a massive lag for a split second (but didn't disconnect).

So you actually think some people out there are willing to waste 60 mins of their time just to troll someone?! 😮

I know trolls exist but seiously, I don't think anyone is sane enough to sit for 50+ mins in a boring mission just so they can trollololol someone and leave at the last minute. They obviously don't gain anything from force dc-ing so it's more likely just an unfortunate case of disconnection. They also lost time and effort. But ofc, you only think about yourself >,>