Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Engine Problems?

TheM8Mobile

Dear DE 

Over the past few weeks since the remaster of the Plains of Eidolon, my clanmates and I have been experiencing a multitude of bugs, glitches, inconsistencies, and general signs that the Game's engine may be coming to a collapse. We are currently keeping a notebook full of different experiences with a wide array of glitches and lack of Polish. One of these that we experienced most recently and perhaps one of the more important is the appearance of the Eidolon Teralyst in the middle of the Day frolicking amongst the Daisies out on the Plains. We are unsure How this happened, however I came to realization that it was around due to hearing it's howl whilst killing one of the many Thumper targets. I hope to resolve these many issues as quickly as possible, as I fear the addition of more content will eventually break the Engine. I fear Railjack WILL be that breaking point.Eidolon1.jpgEidolon2.jpg

More and more I personally have been noticing the growing and amounting list of bugs, glitches and so on. Much like the Terry running around past his bed time. I'm sure that issue may be a simple fix, but what isn't is the engine starting to be overwhelmed. Something is going to give, and I strongly suspect its the game engine that will. While I am sure DE is well aware of how fragile and volatile it can be. I only want to see this game grow and flourish as it should. With that in mind I say stop adding a bunch of new content and work on rewiring the engine to handle what is already there. Its becoming more obvious with each update that the engine is nearing its limits and needs some serious TLC. I hope the developers are able to take the time needed to fix a lot of the deeper underlying issues before its to late. DE, Please. For the love of Warframe, go back and rework it from the ground up. Because nothing short of just that, is what it is going to take to keep this game pushing onward well into the years to come.

Warframe has become so much more than i could have imagined back 6 years ago. Though its that same 6 year old core engine trying to run all the latest content that will ultimately spell frustration & down fall for future content. Many of the games current issues can be fixed, the engine can be rebuilt to be better optimized and handle everything currently in game. However, it will be a monumental task on the developers part. I do understand the issue as I have been a programmer and tech enthusiast for most my life. I know the struggle that comes with the territory and that is why I make this reply to such a post as this. I have only love for Warframe and its loving developers. Which is why I felt I needed to put my thoughts here.

So Steve, Scott, James, You guys are amazing. Warframe wouldn't be where it is today without you, or all of the wonderful people you work with at Digital Extremes. Please keep Warframe moving forward in a positive direction, rework your engine before its to late, make Warframe more robust and optimized for the content you already have and the years to come. The best part is you already have all the pieces you need. Warframe has become an amazing game already that i enjoy playing each day, sometimes for hours on end. I only wish to see it grow and become even greater. With what is best for the game in mind, please consider this. 6 years. tons of updates later. Still the same old engine with some mods on top. How long can you honestly keep it running before it hits capacity?

Edited by KayAldren