Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Zauron, the Primordial Predator (Dinosaur-themed Warframe)

I managed to think of a way to recover the pieces of this warframe and give Uranus a new kind of mission and a new quest to go with it. It came to me while listening to this song:

The song not only gives clues to the mission’s locations but is also a song about an Orokin cargo ship that wrecked on Uranus due to “space weather”. At the beginning you discover another Orokin Vitruvian that acts like a captain’s log. In it, you learn of the mysterious circumstances that caused the ship to go down but due to missing entries you don’t learn the whole thing. But what you do find is a ship’s manifest. Then you have to recover the cargo to also recover the Vitruvian logs.

the new mission type is a combination of Excavation and Salvage. But instead of defending an excavator, you defend an underwater salvage arm.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, (PS4)NinjaBlitz99 said:

This is certainly one of the better were-frames I've seen, awesome @NecrisC. Also did you do the art for him cause hot damn that's way better than what I've done for my ideas!

No, actually. I commissioned a guy named Loone-Wolf, but yeah I think pretty good too.

I recently watched Rahetalius' new video. While he was talking about titania's problems, I started to worry whether Zauron was a little to fragile to be viable. I'd like to know if you guys think I should buff his raptor form's health and/or armor. What do you think?

23 minutes ago, NecrisC said:

I recently watched Rahetalius' new video. While he was talking about titania's problems, I started to worry whether Zauron was a little to fragile to be viable. I'd like to know if you guys think I should buff his raptor form's health and/or armor. What do you think?

My rule of timb for durability is , if the frame has no defensive skills( any form of DR ,a armor increase , iron skin like hp) they have low durabily unless they have inaros lvl of base stats.

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

My rule of timb for durability is , if the frame has no defensive skills( any form of DR ,a armor increase , iron skin like hp) they have low durabily unless they have inaros lvl of base stats.

So.... do you think I should give him a health/armor buff?

The problem with Zauron, is while he has focus, and has strong game against strong enemies and single targets (as Raptor). I'm afraid he might not have enough health and/or armor to actually engage enemies in groups. And because most enemies come in groups, It gives me reason to worry.

Tyrant form's armor seems good enough, but I'd say buff his Raptor form armor to around 275 or so if you want him to be tankier in that form (for reference, Chroma has 350 at 53.85% damage reduction and Prime Valkitty has 700 at 70% damage reduction; so 275 would give 47.83% damage reduction)

And maybe just some minor tweaks to his current abilities to allow him to better deal with crowds but also emphasize that he's meant to be single target?

Like making his pounce ability also stagger nearby enemies with the force of impact granting him a little bit of leeway in terms of crowds, though the Crow ability also works already against crowds I believe.

Guys, we just got noticed!

stay tuned for further changes to Zauron's kit and stats

Please comment and let me know what changes you think should be made.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...