Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Hunting Made Easy

AsterRuba

Step 1) Go to Void

Step 2) Wolf (somehow)

Step 3) DEATH LASERS

Step 4) Profit!

No seriously this is legit the ""easiest"" way I've found to kill him, since the lasers are radiation based and uh. Very deadly. As in let me solo Wolf on Oxomocco with under-leved non-potato'd weapons and an Oberon P. I'm tweaking more for healing thru Eidolon fights.

The trick is staying alive and luring him into the lasers, of course... then being disappointed by the cold mod you get, but hey.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

The easiest way is to do easy void missions.. had him appear in an exterminate and he went down in a few shots of my rattleguts.

Yeah, he once jumped me in a really low-level mission (like, an Earth mission...he might have been level 30) and I shot him twice and he died. I was puzzled for a long moment at what had happened.

He dropped Spinning Needle or some bullS#&$. Of course. 

2 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

like, an Earth mission...he might have been level 30

If you were playing solo at the time then yeah he was 30, he's capped at 30 for solo players at which point he's still easily defeatable because he only has 58k eHP, at level 75 that jumps up to 983k.

The guy hyperscales more than any other Grineer unit because of his baseline DR not related to his Armor's DR.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

983k eHP sounds reasonable tbh..

Not, why is this a thing? 😄

Because armor and Damage Reduction scaling is broken beyond all reason, you'll find this issue also exists for other bosses when encountered in Sorties, Sargas Ruk in particular clocks in at a cool 4.375 MILLION eHP. Which I have fought and watched a team literally time out to because of running out of ammo.

37 minutes ago, Aldain said:

If you were playing solo at the time then yeah he was 30, he's capped at 30 for solo players at which point he's still easily defeatable because he only has 58k eHP, at level 75 that jumps up to 983k.

• The Wolf (and other “stalker” type enemies) now have a level cap of 60 for Solo players and 75 for public squads.
  • Significantly reduced the Wolfs tankiness.
Edited by MystMan

Il y a 3 heures, AsterRuba a dit :

Step 1) Go to Void

Step 2) Wolf (somehow)

Step 3) DEATH LASERS

Step 4) Profit!

No seriously this is legit the ""easiest"" way I've found to kill him, since the lasers are radiation based and uh. Very deadly. As in let me solo Wolf on Oxomocco with under-leved non-potato'd weapons and an Oberon P. I'm tweaking more for healing thru Eidolon fights.

The trick is staying alive and luring him into the lasers, of course... then being disappointed by the cold mod you get, but hey.

step 1: Bring Khora+High dmg rad weapon

step 2:????

step 3: profit

2 minutes ago, MystMan said:
  • The Wolf (and other “stalker” type enemies) now have a level cap of 60 for Solo players and 75 for public squads.
  • Significantly reduced the Wolfs tankiness.

Note that my information comes from the Wiki, which has a slider which I set to the level cap of 75 for illustrative purposes.

While I admit that the Wiki may not have adjusted the math on that since this update, the theory of insane durability jump problems still remain.

51 minutes ago, Aldain said:

at level 75 that jumps up to 983k.

I call bullS#&$ on that.

His EHP is easily measurable with Garuda. Since her dread heart shows the charge. It takes about 3 5M hearts to kill armourstipped lvl 75 4 man squad Wolf.

Also I think he's capped at 60 solo, not 30.

1 minute ago, lnfine said:

I call bullS#&$ on that.

His EHP is easily measurable with Garuda. Since her dread heart shows the charge. It takes about 3 5M hearts to kill armourstipped lvl 75 4 man squad Wolf.

Also I think he's capped at 60 solo, not 30.

I'm not familiar with Garuda's mechanics, what do you mean by 5M hearts?

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'm not familiar with Garuda's mechanics, what do you mean by 5M hearts?

5 million of stored damage hearts. Which do 5 million of raw damage. On her leap via first ability she adds enemy HP (well, some percentage of it) to the heart damage. Since wolf buddies HP is huge, she can quickly stack ludicrous numbers on the heart by repeatedly leaping on them and then throw it for insane damage. Theoretically she can oneshot lvl 75 4man squad Wolf if you keep stacking the damage for longer, but it typically takes me 2 to 3 cycles to kill him with the hearts.

PS: 1M EHP is a lvl 100 heavy gunner. A decently modded kitgun has about 100K DPS. It's obvious wolf has much Much MUCH higher EHP.

Edited by lnfine

5 million of stored damage hearts. Which do 5 million of raw damage. On her leap via first ability she adds enemy HP to the heart damage. Since wolf buddies HP is huge, she can quickly stack ludicrous numbers on the heart by repeatedly leaping on them and then throw it for insane damage. Theoretically she can oneshot lvl 75 4man squad Wolf if you keep stacking the damage for longer, but it typically takes me 2 to 3 cycles to kill him with the hearts.

Wow...I had a feeling the Wiki was not completely correct on that HP count but that much damage being dealt even with the damage reduction is insane.

Why does it seem like the more I learn about the Wolf the worse his design seems to get?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Wow...I had a feeling the Wiki was not completely correct on that HP count but that much damage being dealt even with the damage reduction is insane.

Nah, I didn't write down the actual damage dealt, there's just a stored damage indicator on the heart. Since we are calculating EHP, it's a good indicator of how much effective damage you need to do. A heart with 5M stored damage does about a third of his HP (if he's armour stripped).

Probably need to record the next time I meet him.

EDIT: I think I know why wiki lies. It calculates his EHP based purely on armour and HP values. AFAIK he also has flat damage reduction on top of armour (needs confirmation?), plus scaling with the number of party members. Plus headshot demultiplier.

Edited by lnfine

Nah, I didn't write down the actual damage dealt, there's just a stored damage indicator on the heart. Since we are calculating EHP, it's a good indicator of how much effective damage you need to do. A heart with 5M stored damage does about a third of his HP (if he's armour stripped).

Probably need to record the next time I meet him.

I'd like to see the damage dealt by that, would give a good measure of just how much eHP he actually has.

Because the best I can average on the Wolf armor stripped is about 5k with my Exalted Blade per swing and it takes about 5 minutes slugging him with that to get even 10% gone.

If you're in a squad with all of them being actual liabilities, and you also are bringing a sub-optimal loadout, then you're pretty screwed.

A level 75 Wolf is nothing. If you have one proper weapon and a frame that won't die in a hit, he'll go down sooner or later.

If your wolf hunting kit can't take down a level 75 Wolf in under a minute, then you're doing it wrong. You don't need Rivens. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-22 at 11:53 AM, Aldain said:

Because armor and Damage Reduction scaling is broken beyond all reason, you'll find this issue also exists for other bosses when encountered in Sorties, Sargas Ruk in particular clocks in at a cool 4.375 MILLION eHP. Which I have fought and watched a team literally time out to because of running out of ammo. 

git gud

• Like 1

On 2019-04-22 at 8:53 PM, Aldain said:

Unless we talk about Warframes. *cries in Valkyr*

The way I farmed everything from him was the following:

Go to Hydron (or a lower level Grineer defense with the same map, to taste)
265% or 280% range Khora, 70% to 85% damage so the enemies don't die too fast
Zenurik for energy, stand on defense pod and cast Strangledome
If Wolf spawns, destroy with radiation Catchmoon (or radiation Imperator Vandal)
If Wolf doesn't spawn, repeat mission

This gave me quick missions with just over 4 minutes consumed per, giving Wolf nearly all the time he needed to spawn. I got exactly one BP, one Motor, and one Mask over the course of 5 days worth of play time (minus sorties, time spent at work, and time spent sleeping and/or with my wife).

Valkyr is absolutely the best at destroying the Wolf. She can do it on her own in a 4 man squad in about 30 seconds while her teammates watch. She hits for an obscene amount of damage, around 50k rad every .5 seconds. She can ground stomp and execute the minions instantly. I imagine the play rate for valkyr has doubled because of the wolf alone.

Who would've thought, one agitated kitty > one thiccboi wolf

Found a vid:

Edited by Shadowh4nd

The laser-tactic is hardly something new. It's definitely been handy though since last week when farming for the new relics on Marduk. 

Like others I have also been using Valkyr a LOT recently, especially this past weekend when it seemed DE bumped up his spawnrate considerably. Hysteria with rad-build on talons is brutal on that poor wolfie.

3 hours ago, Benour said:

Grab ocatvia, stealth, throw mallet and watch Wolf melt himself. 👍

Or just bring a pure crit melee with radiation and kill him at level 100 in less than 30 seconds(if you are alone in 8 seconds)... And don't forget a viral weapon for the little bastard fugitives...

Edited by bibmobello