Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal Eximus Guide for Codex

Voltage

Question

Looking for Jackal Eximus and losing hair? I have done 458 Thermia Fractures sealed on PC and finally figured out how these spawn. I don't want anyone else suffering to scan this because of how it works:

The squad size has always been two players for me, but this does not matter. To spawn an Eximus variant, do a Thermia Fracture in Orb Vallis, but only use a single additional canister to have 2 total (objective will be out of 125). You can spawn Jackal Eximus with 4 canisters, but it seems the double canister trick does the job well. Do not start the objective until 2 players are both ready to insert their canister. There is only a small insertion window. A Jackal is likely to spawn at the start and ~70-100/125 on the objective. Out of testing, I got 2 Jackal Eximus in around 15 minutes and 3 Thermia Fractures sealed. This is highly successful with Frost and Vazarin.

Notes: 

• Ballistica Prime does not work to duplicate Jackal Eximus for scanning purposes.
  • Helios is advised if you do not own the Simaris double scan widget. Otherwise, take your chances at a possible double scan with a scanner and unequip Helios.
  • Killing enemies seems to be fine (Eximus or non-Eximus). 
  • Do not destroy Corpus alert beacons. Alert levels are important to spawn tougher/higher level enemies.
  • I forgot the Heliocor existed. Thank you @taiiat! "The Heliocor cannot scan something that has already been scanned with a normal scanner (eg Synthesis Scanner)."

I am guessing this enemy was finally fixed when I asked on the Thermia Fracture Dev Workshop post:

On 2019-03-21 at 3:59 PM, Voltage said:

Will one of those Eximus be the Jackal Eximus that is still missing from the codex by any chance? The Jackal Eximus has been in the codex since Fortuna launched and does not exist.

Which was met with:

On 2019-03-21 at 4:09 PM, [DE]Bear said:

I don't have answers for these, but I will include this question when compiling feedback. Cheers!

I just want to say thank you for finally looking at such a small issue and making it an interesting spawn mechanic. I hope this thread helps anyone aiming to complete their Codex.

Here is an image of the entry:

YmNmLMG.jpg

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Helios is advised if you do not own the Simaris double scan widget. Otherwise, take your chances at a possible double scan with a scanner and unequip Helios.

(i guess you could also bring Heliocor, so that one Spawn could potentially complete the Codex Entry)

3 minutes ago, FenrisHowls said:

@Voltage

I managed to spawn him solo, used 2 canisters as you said, and he spawned at the very beginning of the fracture too!
Thank you very much once again, my codex will be happy!

Your success brings me a big smile. I am glad you did not have to suffer the odd mechanics I did and can use this to your advantage. Enjoy fellow completionist 🙂 

4 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

How small exactly is the window to put two canisters in?

Does the location of the fracture affect the spawn?

The window seems to be only around 20 seconds or so. I have not timed it, but it is not very long. You cannot fly back to the Exploiter Orb to grab more canisters when you are in solo because of "abandoning objective" dialogue. I advise dropping off enough canisters if solo or going with a buddy for this.

I have no idea. I hope not!

Edited by Voltage

2 minutes ago, FenrisHowls said:

@Voltage

Seems like 4 canisters solo also work. Proof:

Interesting. I assumed only 2 canisters worked because I had 0 spawns in 200+ Thermia Fractures and when I did 2 canisters I got 2 spawns in 15 minutes. RNG at its finest I guess.

From last PS4 patch notes:

Buried Debts: Thermia Fracture Changes:

Players who can handle an increased challenge are now able to opt-in to making their Thermia Fracture's more difficult! We have added a method to allow players to increase difficulty and lower the overall duration needed to complete 4 Fractures.

• Players can now expend additional Coolant Canisters after a harvest has begun within the first 30 seconds of starting the harvest.
  • Each additional Coolant Canisters spent will increase the score of the Fracture by +1 (max of 4)
  • Each additional Coolant Canister will increase the frequency of the 'Burps'.
  • Each additional Coolant Canister will increase (pinned) the alert level of the fight.
  • Each additional Coolant Canister will add 50 seconds to your Fracture, reducing the overall time it takes to find/complete 4 Fractures.

Fracture Burps happen on a random timer (5-15 seconds) and randomly selected from the list below:

• Nullifier Burp - Burst of energy that creates a nullifier volume around the Fracture for a brief moment.
  • Radiation Status Effect Burp - Damage burst with 100% Radiation Status Effect.
  • Rage Burp - Increases the damage output of nearby enemies.
  • Thermic Raknoids - Spawns Thermic Raknoids. A new Raknoid variant with unique stats and aesthetic!
  • Eximus Burp - Spawns Eximus units.
  • Enemy Level Burp - Increases the current enemy level.

THANKS ANYWAY 

On 5/12/2019 at 12:06 AM, xenomorph618 said:

so if i do it alone and use 2 canistars i have a chance for the jackal eximus to spawn?

I tried for two hours, but NO

Edit: got 1 spawn with 4 canisters and Max Alert levels

Edited by Anexera

I found this guide on the wiki when I only had like 120 fractures sealed. And since then have done 700+ with a lot of varying coolant usage, and only ever saw one eximus spawn lol Pretty ridiculous, good thing I was also farming Cyan pigments at the same time otherwise what hell that'd be :clem:

Tried this a number of times, with both 2 and 4 canisters, and never saw one eximus.  The jackal (if it shows up at all) spawns as soon as I load the first canister, so I'm not sure how that would ever turn into an eximus being that it's already present before any eximus burp.

Heard some of those thermic raknoids getting scanned, but as usual the corresponding codex entry is not available yet.

Edited by (XB1)DakVoidcloaker

Some tips for spawn it.

First do this on a fracture that a raknoid spawn ( if they don't spawn the jacakl eximius or not never will spawn)

Second do in a team (yes i know) more you are more they spawn

Third use 4 canister (every 10 sec the facture use a buff on 8 and one of this is more eximus).

Me i see it near of the temple of profit 'carefull it spawn only on two version arson and arctic

On 2019-04-23 at 2:02 AM, Voltage said:

Looking for Jackal Eximus and losing hair? I have done 458 Thermia Fractures sealed on PC and finally figured out how these spawn. I don't want anyone else suffering to scan this because of how it works:

The squad size has always been two players for me, but this does not matter. To spawn an Eximus variant, do a Thermia Fracture in Orb Vallis, but only use a single additional canister to have 2 total (objective will be out of 125). You can spawn Jackal Eximus with 4 canisters, but it seems the double canister trick does the job well. Do not start the objective until 2 players are both ready to insert their canister. There is only a small insertion window. A Jackal is likely to spawn at the start and ~70-100/125 on the objective. Out of testing, I got 2 Jackal Eximus in around 15 minutes and 3 Thermia Fractures sealed. This is highly successful with Frost and Vazarin.

Notes: 

• Ballistica Prime does not work to duplicate Jackal Eximus for scanning purposes.
  • Helios is advised if you do not own the Simaris double scan widget. Otherwise, take your chances at a possible double scan with a scanner and unequip Helios.
  • Killing enemies seems to be fine (Eximus or non-Eximus). 
  • Do not destroy Corpus alert beacons. Alert levels are important to spawn tougher/higher level enemies.
  • I forgot the Heliocor existed. Thank you @taiiat! "The Heliocor cannot scan something that has already been scanned with a normal scanner (eg Synthesis Scanner)."

I am guessing this enemy was finally fixed when I asked on the Thermia Fracture Dev Workshop post:

Which was met with:

I just want to say thank you for finally looking at such a small issue and making it an interesting spawn mechanic. I hope this thread helps anyone aiming to complete their Codex.

Here is an image of the entry:

YmNmLMG.jpg

Thx mate, managed to get 2 Jackal Eximus in 1 fracture finishing it up, was even the first fracture of the day!! 

You happen to know something regarding the Vapos Elite Condor Dropship though? 

20 minutes ago, Voltage said:

New enemies usually have buggy entries which is unfortunate. I haven't found a single elite dropship.

Oke, thanks hopefully someone someday finds them 🙂 and its annoying as hell last week cant even get those normal dropships to spawn anymore.

Yeahhhh 🙂 
was lazy to try to catch it, but i finally tried today, & was really lucky :
- doing thermia solo (frost + vazarin + no helios)
- put & complete the first 2 canisters (alert slowly rising) ;
- then got the seconds 2 canisters destroyed near the end (with full alert level) ;
- and just before leaving for another round, my jackal eximus was here
- and shazam : simaris widget worked and got 2/3 scans 🙂

Big big love @Voltage for your advices on this one
❤️ ❤️❤️ 

Hey guys i want to add few things to that ty volt for finding that.

-While doing a fracture if its not spawn any jackal/raknoids(3 big spider types) it wont spawn any time soon so ignore that fracture.

-Try to find close fracture to boss put 2 cannisters in it and abonden when time reach 90-100 so enemies ll destroy it (10 seconds abonden countdown bugged, it generaly wont work)  and you wont need to run 2km to new fractures or waste time for searching new fracture its realy time consuming with Amesha Archwing.And u can get max 2 Jackals with 125s/2 cannister fracture so you can leave it after second jackal spawns.

-Solo inaros/amesha combo worked best for me but searching players who trying to get eximus is better for your mental health 🙂 .i cant say anything about spawn frequency, i got a friend who get 3 scan in 3-5 hours work in 2 days and i worked on it for 12-15 days probably 60-80 hours or more so you can still lost your sanity. 🙂  i got 15 players in my friend list who is looking for jackal eximus so finding scan friend is hard  but you can still find others for it.

-What you most needs are patiance and luck after 700 points thermia (i abonden much more fracture worth more than 700 points btw) in 1 fracture we get 2 jackal eximus somehow, what kind of luck is this i realy dont know.

-For 2 or 4 cannisters its all end up in luck anyway for 2-3 cannister you ll get random 5 diffrent burps, with 4 cannister you ll get extra 1(Radiation burp) but 4 cannister ll activate burps with better fraquency.what we are trying to achieve getting eximus burp and jackal spawn at same time good luck with that.

i hope this willl help someone guys sorry if i made spelling/grammer mistakes not my native language.