Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal Eximus Guide for Codex

Voltage

Question

Looking for Jackal Eximus and losing hair? I have done 458 Thermia Fractures sealed on PC and finally figured out how these spawn. I don't want anyone else suffering to scan this because of how it works:

The squad size has always been two players for me, but this does not matter. To spawn an Eximus variant, do a Thermia Fracture in Orb Vallis, but only use a single additional canister to have 2 total (objective will be out of 125). You can spawn Jackal Eximus with 4 canisters, but it seems the double canister trick does the job well. Do not start the objective until 2 players are both ready to insert their canister. There is only a small insertion window. A Jackal is likely to spawn at the start and ~70-100/125 on the objective. Out of testing, I got 2 Jackal Eximus in around 15 minutes and 3 Thermia Fractures sealed. This is highly successful with Frost and Vazarin.

Notes: 

• Ballistica Prime does not work to duplicate Jackal Eximus for scanning purposes.
  • Helios is advised if you do not own the Simaris double scan widget. Otherwise, take your chances at a possible double scan with a scanner and unequip Helios.
  • Killing enemies seems to be fine (Eximus or non-Eximus). 
  • Do not destroy Corpus alert beacons. Alert levels are important to spawn tougher/higher level enemies.
  • I forgot the Heliocor existed. Thank you @taiiat! "The Heliocor cannot scan something that has already been scanned with a normal scanner (eg Synthesis Scanner)."

I am guessing this enemy was finally fixed when I asked on the Thermia Fracture Dev Workshop post:

On 2019-03-21 at 3:59 PM, Voltage said:

Will one of those Eximus be the Jackal Eximus that is still missing from the codex by any chance? The Jackal Eximus has been in the codex since Fortuna launched and does not exist.

Which was met with:

On 2019-03-21 at 4:09 PM, [DE]Bear said:

I don't have answers for these, but I will include this question when compiling feedback. Cheers!

I just want to say thank you for finally looking at such a small issue and making it an interesting spawn mechanic. I hope this thread helps anyone aiming to complete their Codex.

Here is an image of the entry:

YmNmLMG.jpg

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 7

2 important things:
- Baruuk with Lull ability can put Jackal into sleep and then make x2 scan as for unalerted enemy (red icon of enemy on mini-map should be empty inside). If Simaris Scanner proc with x2 - it will be already x4 at all per one Jackal.

- Near Fortuna fractures have lower enemy level and some rare types of Corpus almost not spawn - better test your luck on further fractures on Vallis.

Edited by Toonya

So i tried doing this for a little bit. I actually just camped near a fracture at the temple, then i would consistently just spawn the beacons, abandon, repeat. I did this for a few hours and no luck so i feel its just a little too difficult to be worth it at this time. Hopefully they change it up in the future but good on all of you who were able to get the scans.

Bombard from sabotage?, i think thats how i did it, alert triggered 

For the jackal i did the trick described here and it worked.

Do not start the objective until 2 players are both ready to insert their canister. There is only a small insertion window. A Jackal is likely to spawn at the start and ~70-100/125 on the objective. 

The bailiff is availible as i understand in spy, but extremely rare, Bailiff is the only one im missing, so im waiting on sortie with eximus stronghold on spy or assault.

Edited by (PSN)Akert

7 часов назад, Magnus_Eterna сказал:

anyone still trying to do this horrendoes scan ?  (tried for around 4 hours  got zero scans )

I recommend to not waste time on it - in codex a lot of bugged slots, which you cannot fill... lets hope on codex rework...