Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

multiple tridolon hunting

jrj01

Question

oke so i know how to do a tridolon hunt fast. (going into plains 10 minutes before night and charging vs). But i wonder how people who do 2x3 or 3x3 do the other tridolon hunts because you dont have the vs stacks anymore. Can someone please just tell me their routine of doing 3x3 or 2x3. thanks

10 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, jrj01 said:

oke so i know how to do a tridolon hunt fast. (going into plains 10 minutes before night and charging vs). But i wonder how people who do 2x3 or 3x3 do the other tridolon hunts because you dont have the vs stacks anymore. Can someone please just tell me their routine of doing 3x3 or 2x3. thanks

>going into plains 10 minutes before night and charging vs

This is insane, and every public squad is capable of 2x3 if 3 of 4 people in the squad are braindead boltor bearing lokis and one is Trin. Or 3x3 if half the squad is braindead ignis carrying Inaroses (Inarii? Inares?), and at least one of the 2 remaining is volt.

10 minutes of charging VS is some 6x3 insanity, and even there I bet most of the timesaving that actually matters comes from properly managing the lures.

I can't speak from experience, but I can speak from knowledge. Being able to do multiple tridolon fights in one night is a combination of extremely powerful builds, using specific warframe compositions, and using the proper Focus school passives. 

Being able to do multiple tridolons in one night, that being more than 2 *maybe* 3, requires a very well-coordinated squad. Here's a video of the type of play involved, courtesy of a Warframe content creator;

You can charge the stacks all the time, you don't need 42x or whatever you get by entering the plains early. Just going void mode for 5 seconds already gives you a sizeable damage boost.

Usual setup is one DPS (typically Chroma, but can be Rhino, too) that uses Unairu focus school instead of Madurai and makes sure there are enough wisps spawned for everyone, keeps the multi on his sniper up for quick damage once a shield is down.

Then you got a Volt that uses his shields to boost crit dmg (sounds trivial but isn't, proper shield placement is important).

A healer to collect lures and keep them alive (usually Trinity, but can be Oberon aswell). Helps with shields but primary focus is keep lures alive and getting them charged.

And the last slot tends to be Harrow. His fourth ability protects the group from the pulses after a synova is destroyed and gives a crit boost for the final phase that allows to do the last phase a lot quicker. Otherwise helps with shields.

Amps: x23, x27, x77 are all fine. 

2 minutes ago, lnfine said:

>going into plains 10 minutes before night and charging vs

This is insane, and every public squad is capable of 2x3 if 3 of 4 people in the squad are braindead boltor bearing lokis and one is Trin. Or 3x3 if half the squad is braindead ignis carrying Inaroses (Inarii? Inares?), and at least one of the 2 remaining is volt.

10 minutes of charging VS is some 6x3 insanity, and even there I bet most of the timesaving that actually matters comes from properly managing the lures.

i guess you are right, but tell me how do you do your 3x3's

31 minutes ago, SirKnum said:

You can charge the stacks all the time, you don't need 42x or whatever you get by entering the plains early. Just going void mode for 5 seconds already gives you a sizeable damage boost.

Usual setup is one DPS (typically Chroma, but can be Rhino, too) that uses Unairu focus school instead of Madurai and makes sure there are enough wisps spawned for everyone, keeps the multi on his sniper up for quick damage once a shield is down.

Then you got a Volt that uses his shields to boost crit dmg (sounds trivial but isn't, proper shield placement is important).

A healer to collect lures and keep them alive (usually Trinity, but can be Oberon aswell). Helps with shields but primary focus is keep lures alive and getting them charged.

And the last slot tends to be Harrow. His fourth ability protects the group from the pulses after a synova is destroyed and gives a crit boost for the final phase that allows to do the last phase a lot quicker. Otherwise helps with shields.

Amps: x23, x27, x77 are all fine. 

shouldnt trinity also charge vs?

38 minutes ago, jrj01 said:

i guess you are right, but tell me how do you do your 3x3's

Generally speaking you just need a Volt for that.

An awesome Volt will be able to do 3x3 solo, and the bigger problem would be survivng Hydro and his bloody homing lightning strikes (at least when I tried that was what done me in). So if you get a good enough Volt and arrange for some sort of survivability, you are good.

A good volt with proper gear and focus will be able to both drop shields fast enough and kill limbs fast enough to squeeze out a 3x3 if you keep him alive. You also want to offload managing lures to get off some load from the poor sod. Good gear is typically a decent sniper (Rubico Prime and Lanka are the most popular choices) built for Radiation and crit, and a decent amp (typically x27 with Virtous Fury. Virtous Shadow is a possible alternative and is technically better with Volt but is more annoying to use. x77 amp is possible, but with it you are pretty much locked into Shadow). Good focus is obviously having Void Strike because eidolon shields are what matters.

Volt is here because eidolon damage resistance is funny (both for shields and synovias). There are some formulas, but basically they have about 90% damage reduction except crits are weird. Crits have an additional x2 damage multiplier for them. So you really want to base your eidolon damage off crits, both for eidolon shields and synovias. And Volt's shield is the best way to enhance crits. And the only way to enhance Amp crits.

But doing both shield and synovians (and Eidolon proper in the last phase) with a single person is bloody annoying, and you are wasting precious VS stacks on synovias, so you want to offload killing synovias to someone else. Like Chroma. Or whomever can just shoot stuff to death real fast with a crit gun (because Crits Are Good, as we've already seen). Chroma doesn't even need external help in doing his job, he can oneshot synovias just fine without your puny volt shields. He would like some shields for the final phase though, but not your shooting. Chroma is the only guy who needs shooting. Others are here just for the shields. If you bring a Volt and only use him for shooting synovias, bring Ember next time. At least you won't fail people expectations.

Which leaves our poor Volt with the only job of putting up shields under dolan knees when he goes down to spike and shooting him with an amp through those shields after dolan blinks blue and until he blinks red. At which point Chroma shoots and goes back to picking his nose while everyone else charges their void strikes. Also since the only one shooting is Chroma, you can start charging your VS for the next dolan while the current one is in the down state. Generally it lets you charge up to at least 7x VS for the next one which helps with the initial full shield.

This is more than enough to do a 3x3. You can add madurai for all the non-chromas to make shield shooting better. You can add unairu for Chroma so he can spawn wisps that would help the shield bunnies with their job. You can add Harrow so he could entertain the party and make nose picking a bit more boring for Chroma. You can add a loki so he would leech off the party, die every spike and still get carried through 3x3.

You can speed up stuff by having 3xCP in the party (not 4xCP, in which case dolan loses his alloy armour, and damage actually goes down). Or having someone shattering impact him enough to strip most of the armour to make Chroma fall asleep while shooting.

You can manage lures properly. When Chroma is not an entitled bastard who thinks his only job is to drill a hole through his cranium with a finger while waiting for his turn, he can grab and charge at least one lure when entering the plains. Because Trin is going to grab the rest. And it's fun running around Terry trying to charge one of the 7 lures. Also people who think they are helping by bringing an uncharged lure to Terry while somebody is already there charging another lure, have to seriously question their parents choices in life. This includes the lure-train Trin, by the way. Don't go near Terry if you have an uncharged lure train. Unless you are the only person with lures at all.

Edited by lnfine

Having a good team is key.

And that team must ABSOLUTELY have a Volt. Volt is the key to DESTROYING the bastard's shields, or anything for that matter. His shield wall increases damage output of crit-focused operator amps drastically and with proper focus builds he can literally oneshot eidolon shield and then oneshot eidolon limb with a lanka. Frankly, he can #*!%ing solo the entire thing from what i've seen. I definetely wasn't needed there and was a spectator.

That's a reason why i bought Volt Graxx Skin and formaed my Volt couple more times. Because i like that and i want that.

Having Trinity is also useful, to not worry that eidolons are gonna ruin your lures. And a good lure master needed too, who knows where to get them, how to get them quick and keep them safe from eidolon attacks.

1 hour ago, lnfine said:

Generally speaking you just need a Volt for that.

An awesome Volt will be able to do 3x3 solo, and the bigger problem would be survivng Hydro and his bloody homing lightning strikes (at least when I tried that was what done me in). So if you get a good enough Volt and arrange for some sort of survivability, you are good.

A good volt with proper gear and focus will be able to both drop shields fast enough and kill limbs fast enough to squeeze out a 3x3 if you keep him alive. You also want to offload managing lures to get off some load from the poor sod. Good gear is typically a decent sniper (Rubico Prime and Lanka are the most popular choices) built for Radiation and crit, and a decent amp (typically x27 with Virtous Fury. Virtous Shadow is a possible alternative and is technically better with Volt but is more annoying to use. x77 amp is possible, but with it you are pretty much locked into Shadow). Good focus is obviously having Void Strike because eidolon shields are what matters.

Volt is here because eidolon damage resistance is funny (both for shields and synovias). There are some formulas, but basically they have about 90% damage reduction except crits are weird. Crits have an additional x2 damage multiplier for them. So you really want to base your eidolon damage off crits, both for eidolon shields and synovias. And Volt's shield is the best way to enhance crits. And the only way to enhance Amp crits.

But doing both shield and synovians (and Eidolon proper in the last phase) with a single person is bloody annoying, and you are wasting precious VS stacks on synovias, so you want to offload killing synovias to someone else. Like Chroma. Or whomever can just shoot stuff to death real fast with a crit gun (because Crits Are Good, as we've already seen). Chroma doesn't even need external help in doing his job, he can oneshot synovias just fine without your puny volt shields. He would like some shields for the final phase though, but not your shooting. Chroma is the only guy who needs shooting. Others are here just for the shields. If you bring a Volt and only use him for shooting synovias, bring Ember next time. At least you won't fail people expectations.

Which leaves our poor Volt with the only job of putting up shields under dolan knees when he goes down to spike and shooting him with an amp through those shields after dolan blinks blue and until he blinks red. At which point Chroma shoots and goes back to picking his nose while everyone else charges their void strikes. Also since the only one shooting is Chroma, you can start charging your VS for the next dolan while the current one is in the down state. Generally it lets you charge up to at least 7x VS for the next one which helps with the initial full shield.

This is more than enough to do a 3x3. You can add madurai for all the non-chromas to make shield shooting better. You can add unairu for Chroma so he can spawn wisps that would help the shield bunnies with their job. You can add Harrow so he could entertain the party and make nose picking a bit more boring for Chroma. You can add a loki so he would leech off the party, die every spike and still get carried through 3x3.

You can speed up stuff by having 3xCP in the party (not 4xCP, in which case dolan loses his alloy armour, and damage actually goes down). Or having someone shattering impact him enough to strip most of the armour to make Chroma fall asleep while shooting.

You can manage lures properly. When Chroma is not an entitled bastard who thinks his only job is to drill a hole through his cranium with a finger while waiting for his turn, he can grab and charge at least one lure when entering the plains. Because Trin is going to grab the rest. And it's fun running around Terry trying to charge one of the 7 lures. Also people who think they are helping by bringing an uncharged lure to Terry while somebody is already there charging another lure, have to seriously question their parents choices in life. This includes the lure-train Trin, by the way. Don't go near Terry if you have an uncharged lure train. Unless you are the only person with lures at all.

this is so f*cking helpful thanks a lot, for this and for taking the time