Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons 2.9 auto-parry "feature" makes Redeemer especially horrible and unenjoyable to use

IceFire909

The auto-block feature that is included with Weapons 2.9, while terrible for the majority of melee weapons, is extra horrible for the Redeemer. While comboing with it, if you get shot at you'll start blocking instead of finishing the combo and shooting the guy in the face. It's actually super dumb because of it resetting the combo you were doing meaning it takes longer to redeem blast someone.

Auto-block needs to get relegated to a toggle in options, because I don't want to block bullets I just want to stab or shoot grineer in the face. It's why we play Warframe!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sylonus said:

Oh I have it all the time, though personally I don't mind auto block, I just want it to respect charge attacks.

Same here.
Charging a redeemer shot?  Hope an enemy doesn't shoot you and interrupt it.
About to throw a glaive?  Hope an enemy doesn't shot you and interrupt it.

Honestly DE needs to do the following to fix the largest problems with "Melee 2.999999999":
-Add in a toggle option for auto block
-Allow us to manually block.

I would pay plats to have back manual block and the block toggle.

Like this there are too many unwanted interruptions, even when you simply want to jump to a destination, if they shoot you, the auto block changes the speed of your jump and slows you down.

Why can't we simply have a choice?

• Like 1

On 2019-04-23 at 4:58 PM, IceFire909 said:

While comboing with it, if you get shot at you'll start blocking instead of finishing the combo and shooting the guy in the face. It's actually super dumb because of it resetting the combo you were doing meaning it takes longer to redeem blast someone

Yeah, this is particularly annoying with High Noon, as all its combos that shoot do so at the end.

The fix is easy: block works only while idle - if you're holding down melee or within the window where the combo continues either don't block or only block if it doesn't interrupt.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-04-23 at 4:58 PM, IceFire909 said:

The auto-block feature that is included with Weapons 2.9, while terrible for the majority of melee weapons, is extra horrible for the Redeemer

I finally got Bullet Dance (only took about 45 Orokin Sabotage with all caches found) and it utterly changes this. High Noon is broken garbage, but Bullet Dance fires immediately (without that stupid flourish that you end up parrying out of).

It makes a huge difference to the weapon, to the the point where I'd say it isn't worth getting the Redeemer without Bullet Dance.

• 3 weeks later...

On this note I really wish that moving forward all gunblades had an option to be equipped as both your secondary and melee weapon... Mod your secondary version as you would any other secondary, mod your melee as you would any other melee weapon... As your slicing and dicing with your melee button, at any point in the combo you can pull the trigger to fire the weapon as if it were any other secondary weapon.... It would make gunblades an overall much more viable weapon...

I agree that autoblock is a terrible mechanic, though I also think there are different levels of fix that could be applied:

• The first is that if blocking is going to be automatic, it should not interfere with our inputs as if it were still manual. If we block, that should not interrupt our attacks, or alternatively attacking should disable blocking while in effect (including when holding the fire button). Similarly, if we block in mid-air, that should not force aim-gliding. The fact that these effects persist suggests that DE simply shifted the input for blocking to some automatic trigger and kept its effects wholesale, without doing any of the under-the-hood adjustments necessary in such a transition.
  • The second I think is that, one way or another, we should get to choose when to block, which I think is what virtually everyone who's experienced autoblock seems to want. Personally, I think the way to go here should be to make blocking manual at all times, and tie it to ADS so that we're always blocking as we're aiming (regardless of whether we have our gun or melee weapon out), though a toggle between that and autoblock as mentioned in the OP could also be one way of seeing what players actually prefer.