Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave--- just gave up on it

LordLokai

Seriously the rewards are nice but even at rank like 25... i just can't force myself to log in and do these unfun achivement huntery crap anymore... think i'm done with Warframes for awhile, this system just kills it for me, and i'm not saying the old alert system was better. But this trying to force players to log in and do things that we have zero reason to do--- it made me quit WoW and it's kinda doing the same for warframes... i wanna play the content i wanna play, and not feel like i'm being coerced into doing stuff i just have no interest in doing.

So while i love Nora, and i Love the wolf.... i think the system as a whole is a colossal failure it didn't make me want to play more... quite the opposite it burned me out on the game because you forced me to log in every day to do S#&$ i really cant be bothered to do, or doesnt have any rewards for me... even nightwave rewards are pretty poor outside the umbra forma... and honestly it isn't worth the headache.

• Like 4

While I don't mind chipping away at the task here and there, have 3 tasks that add up to 3hrs  of time needed is just asking to burn people out this week. They need to revise it to "complete 60min worth of time" or "complete three 20min survivals". Since 20 min mission are more common for end game players.

I understand you. I'm starting to feel like it too. I'm not saying that the alerts system was better (although for some things it clearly was), but it's true that I now am starting to feel like I have to log to warframe to do my chores and I don't like it at all.

When the best thing of the Nightwave is that you achieved rank 30 and now you can ignore whatever challenge you don't like from the week (or the whole week challenges), there's something wrong.

You actually don't have to do all of the difficult stuff to complete it in time. While it does come across feeling like it's more demanding it's also entirely optional.

I think it could still use some fine tuning (I guess less points needed per level) but it's not really that harsh. I actually finished my final level (30) yesterday and I didn't even bother doing many of the unreasonable ones. 

• Like 1

Personally I really like the "story elements" (if thats what you want to call them) this nightwave brings, but the system is jus tsuper frustrating. The best rewards are hidden at the end, the last two are the ones you would actually want, but miss out only a few weeks and you're completely ducked. Say bye bye to umbral forma and wolf armor if you have a real life. 

As a change I might suggest removing the milestones and giving "wolf"-credits on every task completed, so players can pick more freely what they want. I too find it quite dull that we're getting just sets of generic tasks for those nightwave episodes but I couldn't think of much better. Maybe add a daily nightwave mission that is somehow related to the episode (and is a full mission, not just some halfbaked achievement-like stuff). 

Edited by Vespilan

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

lol so it is, mis-counted the number of 50s.

either way its still less than you get per level after 30 😛

Uh yeah, except I didn't ignore the better stuff you also get before rank 30. The amount of wolf creds per rank wasn't my point, it's the fact there's nothing but that after that. And for the most part, they're worthless to vets, whom are the primary audience who will even make it that far.

Edited by Totterson

2 hours ago, LordLokai said:

i wanna play the content i wanna play, and not feel like i'm being coerced into doing stuff i just have no interest in doing.

I know you may "feel" this way, but if you look at it more objectively you're not. Unless you're the most extreme min-maxer doing several hour endurance runs to need that umbral forma in your builds, or you're an absolute 100% completionist that needs to own every single item ever created in the game, the rewards from NW are completely optional. There's nothing really outstanding there other than the umbral forma, which is completely unecessary for all the content that currently exists in the game. Plus devs already said there'll be other ways to acquire umbral forma later on. 

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from just ignoring Nightwave (same as I ignore other content in WF I dislike, like Lunaro for example) and just continue to play your other favorite game modes or w/e. 

2 hours ago, Zelmen said:

While I don't mind chipping away at the task here and there, have 3 tasks that add up to 3hrs  of time needed is just asking to burn people out this week. They need to revise it to "complete 60min worth of time" or "complete three 20min survivals". Since 20 min mission are more common for end game players.

Disagree. 20 min runs would defeat the purpose of the "elite" challenge, which is to keep up your kills and air support as enemies become stronger and take longer to kill near 60 min. All the while without activating air towers. It's actually one of the more interesting challenges from Nightwave so far, if not the best. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis

3 minutes ago, Totterson said:

Uh yeah, except I didn't ignore the better stuff you also get before rank 30. The amount of wolf creds per rank wasn't my point, it's the fact there's nothing but that after that. And for the most part, they're worthless to vets, whom are the primary audience who will even make it that far.

well what the F do you want? infinite Energizes? endless forma?

there had to be a limit of the good stuff, and the fact there is anything beyond it. Creds is "something" that is not literally nothing..

if they had like 50-100 ranks with increasingly better rewards no one would be able to get it all without grinding 24/7 and everyone who cannot do that would be left out, leading to more complaints and whining than we already have. Need i remind that there are people who are still complaining about struggling to get to 30 or not having the time..

there was never going to be much beyond 30 besides prestige.

i have pointed out that the cred rate is terrible to begin with, that overall the amounts should be doubled and there should be a base per rank.

but anything beyond creds? any more special rewards beyond 30? literally everyone that cannot even get to that point would be rioting against DE...

so AGAIN... look at the fact that like me you are earning more creds per rank than anyone else, and the fact that this ENTIRE NIGHTWAVE SYSTEM AND THE CREDS IN GENERAL has effectively reduced how accessible to newer player and players with less time on their hands can get a large amount of what is considered Necessities and many older MR players take for granted how easily obtained they were.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Disagree. 20 min runs would defeat the purpose of the "elite" challenge, which is to keep up your kills and air support as enemies become stronger and take longer to kill near 60 min. All the while without activating air towers. It's actually one of the more interesting challenges from Nightwave so far, if not the best. 

At my current state in the game it doesn't matter if it's 30 min or 60 or more. So as a personal preference I would rather have these task take less time and I can spread it out over the week. In a perfect world I would like to skip the first 30-40 min because its just wasted time where nothing is a challenge. Half my frames can one button kill the map during that time. That just brings up the whole difficulty issue that there is tons of threads about. 

My point is I don't want longer missions because DE doesn't know how to set difficulties and players are punished with a build up phase before the "elite" part can even start. So my suggestion is based off time issues but I understand the challenge that starts around the 40-45min mark. If difficulty issues were fixed. A 60 min mission right now would be just as hard as a 20 min mission that start enemies around 100 which is about the 40-45 min mark.

2 hours ago, LordLokai said:

But this trying to force players to log in and do things that we have zero reason to do-

I don't  think anyone  is forcing anything .You have whole week to finish this tasks and you only have to do about 60% of all missions to reach lvl 30,meaning you don't  have to do anything  you don't  like.This is how I  did it and I  reached  lvl 30 + 4 extra ones.

1 hour ago, RistN said:

I don't  think anyone  is forcing anything .You have whole week to finish this tasks and you only have to do about 60% of all missions to reach lvl 30,meaning you don't  have to do anything  you don't  like.This is how I  did it and I  reached  lvl 30 + 4 extra ones.

Same here.  I've been ignoring the 8 bounties and the hunting animals ones in particular, and I still hit level 30 fine.  I also consider myself someone that "has a life"....Kind of.  Not to say that the system doesn't need some tweaks/changes, which have all been well-documented in a thousand other posts.  But these threads about people burning out on nightwave are getting pretty ridiculous.  

2 hours ago, Jfalz said:

I've been ignoring the 8 bounties and the hunting animals ones in particular, and I still hit level 30 fine. 

I skipped  those too and guilding modular weapons. 

• Like 1