Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno are the bad guys

C104

What makes a terrorist?

What does ISIS do that makes them terrorists?

Assasinations
Mass exterminations
Interception and stealing of data
Attacking high intrest targets (such as spy vaults)
Freeing their fellow criminals
Capturing hostages
Having a central command figur 

What do the Tenno do?

Assasinations
Mass exterminations
capturing hostages
Having a central command figur (lotus)

You can clearly see the similaritis beetween the two terrorist organistions, but there is more!

Terrorist are characterised by fighting against governments. In the tennos case it is the grenier and corpus, while certanly opressive governments they still protect their citicens. The tenno threaten their homes and attack military bases and research facilitys regularly. The tenno are also not fighting for the people the corpus and grenier opress, but for their own gain. This is showcased by them working as mercenaries for both factions for a small reward. One might argue that they help the ostron and the people of fortuna but are they doing it for the kindness of their heart? NO They are like the syndicates (fellow terrorist organistions example: New Loga alias Space Nazis) and only work for rewards like deadly weapons (Zaws,Kitguns) or illegal substances (cetus whisp, rare christals, mushrooms). The tenno have no intrest in the simple people and are only after more fighting power. 

What are these terrorist even fighting for? With their technologie and suport of the lotus the tenno could simply have remained on lua, hidden in the void and build their own society. Instead they chose to attack the foriegne governments with only one goal in mind. DESTRUCTION (and clem) Their only goal is to become better at what they love: KILLING All they do is perfect the art of murder. Each tenno is always after new weapons, warframes and mods. Why? To kill more, to kill faster, to have more fun killing the simple soldiers of the grenier and corpus. 

The tenno are an terrorist organistaion who wants to install chaos in the orogin system, there only motivater is their murderus intend that convinced them to kill their former masters the orokin and now the empires of th grenieer and corpus.

• Like 1

Since you can pretty much do what you want with them, roleplaying style and apart from quests, I'd say they tend to be pretty neutral in that regard. Specially if DE deepens the lore choices available to the operators, which they claim to be developing further and with more meaning.

• Like 1

Well thats once again a realy strange parallel between a game and real life.

Welcome to the forums tenno.

Please guys remind me this when Spoiler

Spoiler

Kids projecting their consciousness in surragate killing either army of clones with a female dominant hierarchy , power capitalist high tech trading society , horde of adapting sentinel and/or infestation plaguing the solar system.

This guy was right !

Edited by trunks013

Arguably many countries (you probably will know which I am referring to if you know a bit of history) have had done the same thing (or still doing so)  under the name of things like "freedom", "democracy", "God / religion"... etc

Also not to mention, remember the very first quest? (vor's price). What Vor is planning to take control of the warframes and/or the tenno, I would not say they are "the good guys"

I would say warframe, similar to real life: There is no way to define who is "right" and who is "wrong", rather, everyone is just acting to the best of their own interest.

Also, remember this:

Victors are the sole authors of history

Considering how I've considered Warframe's universe to be, quote: "one of the most grimdark sci-fi setting since Warhammer 40,000," I'd rather think of the Tenno as like the Adeptus Astartes: well-intentioned but flawed extremists. The people the Tenno are protecting are no angels, but the people they oppose are worse. Grineer want to kill everything that's not them. Corpus would sell their own mothers for a quick buck. Infesteds just want assimilate everything. Sentients seem to want to kill every human because they think every human are Orokin. And who knows what the Man in the Wall, who's probably Tzeentch or something like him, is planning?

I really don't think Warframe's setting is meant to be seen in such black and white terms.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 3

It all depends what perspective you approach it from. Personally, I blame(the tenno) for not doing anything to stabilize the Orokin Empire after we killed the Orokin Emperors. However, who knows;maybe their are Tenno that stayed awake and fought to keep balance in the ruins of the orokin empire(during the collapse).

I’m fairly sure we’re evil. If you judge us by are intent sure, but everyone who’s evil does that. Judge us by are actions yep we are evil.

We are god like space kids keeping 3 factions in an unending war. We do anything to achieve are goals and show no mercy.

37 minutes ago, C104 said:

What makes a terrorist?

What does ISIS do that makes them terrorists?

Assasinations
Mass exterminations
Capturing hostages
Having a central command figur 

What do the Tenno do?

Assasinations
Mass exterminations
capturing hostages
Having a central command figur (lotus)

What does James bond do?

Assassinations

Kills any mook that gets in his way.

Steals data and has MI6 intercept messages.

Attacks high interest targets.

Frees fellow spies.

Captures people

Has a central command figure.

What does the Rebel Alliance do?

Assassinated the central figure of government.

Mass exterminates stormtroopers.

Steals data all the damn time.

Attacks high interest target.

Frees fellow rebels.

Captures people.

Has Central Command figure (Mon Mothma)

What do the Straw Hat Pirates do?

Maiming specific targets, if not directly assassinate in some cases. Usually winds up with them being arrested and either imprisoned for life in a prison that will definitely cut that life short horribly, or just being directly executed, so if not a direct assassination, the target is almost certainly gonna die as a direct consequence of those actions. And they were implicit in an attempted assassination at one point, even though it failed.

Mass exterminates everyone who opposes them.

Steals vital information. (It's literally their main goal right now to steal the information on the Poneglpyhs, held by opposing organisations)

Attacks high-interest targets.

Frees Fellow pirates.

Captures hostages.

Has a Central command figure.

Most heroes can be painted as villains if you try hard enough. Why do you think 'We're not so different, you and I' Is such a common trope?

• Like 1

Tennos are lost children guided and influenced by an interdimensional entity and a false prophet. It is not the children that must be blamed but what guides them. Do not forget it. When there is nothing and no one to tell us what to do, and any threat will be eradicated, there will be only us, already big enough and mature, who can create a more just world.

Peace and Justice are not values that can be associated. Peace allows things to continue until a disruptive element breaks it. Justice imposes an order, which is forced to respect so that the world remains stable and constant.  "Ma liberté s'arrête là où elle atteint celle des autres". This law, the Tennos will learn to make it reign in their own way.

Edited by KreyLox
  • Like 1

Well this was a loaded topic. There is so much ethic behind this. You should also look into the history of those factions.

Spoiler

One is basically storm troopers cloned out the butt till they now have unstable DNA and the other got some weird AI thing going on I am spacing on. Also lets not forget the infested that are basically the bi product from trying to make warframes. So are tenno really doing anything other than keeping things in balance? As I said this could be a deep ethical post.

The Grineer Empire actively practices slavery, wipes out innocent settlements for the crime of simply not having a relic when they expected to find one, or even just so they have a little more territory. They'll industrialise as much as possible to fuel their war effort, environmental consequences be damned. If you are so much as suspected as being a smuggler, you'll be shot down, and they will detain you indefinitely for something as petty as expired documents.

What territory is free from Grineer control is under the thumb of the Corpus, who again practice slavery (Specifically, debt slavery. Feel the weight of what we owe...), will literally sell anything to anyone, with no ethical standards. They will permanently ruin a planet's biosphere if it makes them a quick credit. Crewmen are described as being "Purpose-Bred", which implies some pretty nasty eugenics-type stuff going on.

Anything not held by the above two is consumed by the Infestation, which doesn't really need much elaboration on why it's bad.

On top of this, we now have the Sentients returning, whom are so dogmatic in their hatred of the Orokin (who were on a whole other level of $&*^ishness) that they would wipe out all life in this system, just to remove any trace of them.

And you mean to imply that the Tenno, the only faction working to defend the above-mentioned innocent colonies, and the only one keeping the other factions in check, are the bad guys?

• Like 1

If we're the bad guys, I sure as hell want to know what that makes the Grineer and Corpus. They do  everything listed as bad in the OP and even worse, as listed by @Corvid
We may do terrible things, but the alternative is far far worse.

• Like 2