Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt Account question

Nekrivos

Question

Hi, so I did read the policy of having an alt account and understand that my alt is strictly forbidden to interact with my main account via being in the same clan/alliance, being in the same mission or trading items in between those two accounts since its a bannable offence. I started a new account to be a noob again and see how the game has changed for beginners since I joined 3 years ago.

However my brother also plays this game whenever he's not at work, and I'm somewhat worried that if my alt and his main when we're both on would somehow get randomly matched in a mission (mostly with Cetus bounties once my alt gets to that later on); that could possibly ban my alt, main and his account. 

My brother did have an idea though but I'm not so sure that too could be violating the policy.

He had the idea of him making his own alt, and see if my alt and his alt can interact WITHOUT having neither of our mains interacting with our alt accounts and violating that policy.

I told him that alts cannot interact with main accounts since you could get banned.

I want to know if his idea violates that policy before either of us does anything stupid. I tried submitting a ticket for this a few days back, but I didn't know what category it would be in, which would explain why I haven't heard back from it.

Thanks for any help with this :)

7 answers to this question

your alts can interact, your mains can interact, your mains can interact with each other alts, whats not allowed is using your main or alt to bankroll/profit your other account.

You playing main + brother playing main = fine
You playing alt + brother playing alt = fine
You playing alt + brother playing Main = fine

You playing alt + brother playing main, you acquire a relic, plat, rivens or whatever else on your alt and then attempt trading whatever it is to your brother so he can trade it back to your main = totally not fine.

You playing your main while your brother logs in as your alt and grouping up to run content/relics/etc = not fine.

Basically ways to channel items/funds/etc from 1 of your accounts to the other by any means = bad, provided you dont do that you can interact with each others accounts np, be that as your main/alt/whatever.

Edited by Methanoid

14 minutes ago, Nekrivos said:

However my brother also plays this game whenever he's not at work, and I'm somewhat worried that if my alt and his main when we're both on would somehow get randomly matched in a mission (mostly with Cetus bounties once my alt gets to that later on); that could possibly ban my alt, main and his account. 

If it is just playing together you should be fine. The problem is if you use your alt to give him stuff to benefit the main account.

• Example: your alt gets 75% off platinum. You buy 4k, give it to him. He then gives it to your main. That is not allowed. 

If you two live together, you can still play and trade together. I have done that in the past many times without issue. Yes, we gave each other free things and such. But these were all independently owned accounts. You and a sibling playing together is fine. 

1 hour ago, BenaBean said:

Honestly, De's alt account policy is so complex and over complicated. If I were you I wouldn't even bother

its only complex because it has been ever changing over the years and you have to trawl through old posts to find hints of official information.

Just avoid abusing plat, rivens, relics, etc and the OP willl be fine, i have 4 accounts, sometimes all running at once which i cycle through, all played separately and have had no issues at all from as far back as 2013/14, even if someone did notice the op and his brother playing together, it should still be ok provided both are actively in use, it at least shows its not the player + their 1 afk alt account leeching.

The 2 can group up np, be that on main or alts, provided both are on their own accounts and for example the brother doesnt use the OP's alt while they are on their main, if anything you can think of sounds like boosting your self with your own accounts then just avoid doing that, my 4 accounts are all played separate and are in different clans, they basically play as if they are unaware of each other (which is damned annoying given i have relics the others need), i could use any of them to play with a friend tho, there is no harm done there.

just to be safe, just try trawling through some of the older threads on the subject here, its a pain to find the info but there are snippets of official info/rules here and there, it was a bit safer back in the day when MR0 alt accounts were more common, it instantly meant you were incapable of any form of trading related offenses given that you cant trade at all until MR2.

You should be totally fine if all you're worried about is playing in the same mission together. Just ask yourself if anything you're doing seems like it may be exploiting the game as a rule of thumb. If you're really worried about it, I'd submit a support ticket to inform them of your alt, main, and brother's acct names, just telling them you wanted to see what it's like as a new player again. That way you have it documented with them of your intentions incase some kind backend processes (idk what they may have going on in the background) were to flag the account or something.

12 hours ago, Methanoid said:

its only complex because it has been ever changing over the years and you have to trawl through old posts to find hints of official information.

Just avoid abusing plat, rivens, relics, etc and the OP willl be fine, i have 4 accounts, sometimes all running at once which i cycle through, all played separately and have had no issues at all from as far back as 2013/14, even if someone did notice the op and his brother playing together, it should still be ok provided both are actively in use, it at least shows its not the player + their 1 afk alt account leeching.

The 2 can group up np, be that on main or alts, provided both are on their own accounts and for example the brother doesnt use the OP's alt while they are on their main, if anything you can think of sounds like boosting your self with your own accounts then just avoid doing that, my 4 accounts are all played separate and are in different clans, they basically play as if they are unaware of each other (which is damned annoying given i have relics the others need), i could use any of them to play with a friend tho, there is no harm done there.

just to be safe, just try trawling through some of the older threads on the subject here, its a pain to find the info but there are snippets of official info/rules here and there, it was a bit safer back in the day when MR0 alt accounts were more common, it instantly meant you were incapable of any form of trading related offenses given that you cant trade at all until MR2.

I showed him the replies to this. He's thinking about making an alt too. Would his alt and mine be able to interact? My alt reached MR3 though. As long as his account and mine can interact in missions, and also later on when we both sink enough time into these accounts; if we both can start a duo clan with our alts (just like both our mains are in our own duo clan mostly for the dojo exclusive blueprints for weapons, frames, and stuff)

7 hours ago, Methanoid said:

your alts can interact, your mains can interact, your mains can interact with each other alts, whats not allowed is using your main or alt to bankroll/profit your other account.

You playing main + brother playing main = fine
You playing alt + brother playing alt = fine
You playing alt + brother playing Main = fine

You playing alt + brother playing main, you acquire a relic, plat, rivens or whatever else on your alt and then attempt trading whatever it is to your brother so he can trade it back to your main = totally not fine.

You playing your main while your brother logs in as your alt and grouping up to run content/relics/etc = not fine.

Basically ways to channel items/funds/etc from 1 of your accounts to the other by any means = bad, provided you dont do that you can interact with each others accounts np, be that as your main/alt/whatever.

Alrighty, thanks for the help 🙂