Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe exe's

Blazmatic

Question

When I was trying to get warframe to work today I found something that I need an answer for

I have these warframe exe files

Warframe.x64

RemoteCrashSender

Launcher

I also went to another DE site saying you need to make warframe.exe administrator but I did not find it at all.

In task manager it says Warframe Launcher (32 bit), to me something seems odd is this normal?

- BlazGaming

14 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, BlazGaming said:

When I was trying to get warframe to work today I found something that I need an answer for

I have these warframe exe files

Warframe.x64

RemoteCrashSender

Launcher

I also went to another DE site saying you need to make warframe.exe administrator but I did not find it at all.

In task manager it says Warframe Launcher (32 bit), to me something seems odd is this normal?

- BlazGaming

The launcher is 32-bit as that will work on any system, but the game itself can be either 64-bit (if your OS supports it) or 32-bit if not. The firewall rules in Windows should be for warframe.x64.exe, though on my system it has created the 32-bit ports for warframe.exe as well even though I only ever run the 64-bit.

If you go into the advanced settings for the Windows firewall do you see 4 rules for Warframe? If you go into your Network and Sharing centre in the Windows settings does it show the profile as Private or Public?

8 minutes ago, Shalath said:

but the game itself can be either 64-bit (if your OS supports it) or 32-bit if not.

This may be incorrect. Warframe no longer has support for 32-bit OS. It should only be using the 64-bit version now.

OP, what you are saying sounds fairly normal. The .exe file you are looking for is probably 'Warfame.x64.exe'. You could also just run the launcher as Administrator.

4 hours ago, krc473 said:

This may be incorrect. Warframe no longer has support for 32-bit OS. It should only be using the 64-bit version now.

Warframe can still be 32bit. 32bit apps are small boxes holding 4GB of data. The problem is if windows is 32bit too, it can't hold Warframe, because they are the same size, not to mention other apps want in too. The advantage of Windows 64bit is that it is a giant box which can hold  4 billion 32bit apps at the same time. Warframe itself doesn't need to be 64bit, or do anything.

6 hours ago, ZelUrk said:

Warframe can still be 32bit. 32bit apps are small boxes holding 4GB of data. The problem is if windows is 32bit too, it can't hold Warframe, because they are the same size, not to mention other apps want in too. The advantage of Windows 64bit is that it is a giant box which can hold  4 billion 32bit apps at the same time. Warframe itself doesn't need to be 64bit, or do anything.

Wronggggggggggggg

32bit can use up to 64gb of ram, 3.5Gb of ram is a self imposed limitation on Windows by Microsoft and their exists many patches to remove this block, however windows 2000/2008 32Bit DOES NOT have this block

10 minutes ago, (XB1)OfferedCastle25 said:

Wronggggggggggggg

32bit can use up to 64gb of ram, 3.5Gb of ram is a self imposed limitation on Windows by Microsoft and their exists many patches to remove this block, however windows 2000/2008 32Bit DOES NOT have this block

No, you obviously don't do math. 32bit is 2^32 which is 4GB, there is nothing "self imposed" about it. It's math. Furthermore windows limitation is 2GB per app. 3.5GB is not a limit at all. it is 4GB minus the video ram memory, which is why all but very few GPUs during the 32bit era had at most 1gb of video ram. It also didn't fit into the windows 32bit box. What you have heard somewhere about using more ram is paging, in some very specific and unique server windows versions, not for normal users, and requires application support, which Warframe  doesn't have.

33 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Even though DE has removed 32-bit mode and all support for it? 

I haven't looked what DE have removed to be honest. I have not used a 32bit anything for an eternity. I'm just saying no-32bit-OS support, literally means just that and says nothing about the actual app.

13 hours ago, ZelUrk said:

No, you obviously don't do math. 32bit is 2^32 which is 4GB, there is nothing "self imposed" about it. It's math. Furthermore windows limitation is 2GB per app. 3.5GB is not a limit at all. it is 4GB minus the video ram memory, which is why all but very few GPUs during the 32bit era had at most 1gb of video ram. It also didn't fit into the windows 32bit box. What you have heard somewhere about using more ram is paging, in some very specific and unique server windows versions, not for normal users, and requires application support, which Warframe  doesn't have.

I haven't looked what DE have removed to be honest. I have not used a 32bit anything for an eternity. I'm just saying no-32bit-OS support, literally means just that and says nothing about the actual app.

the physical ram limit for 32bit systems is 64gb of ram. 3.5gb is a limit for virtual address space

Self imposed, Paging was allowed always without a patch. Let's put it this way for you.

I had a 32bit system for years running Linux with 32gb of ram. Each app could use up to the virtual address space limit but not the full physical limit however this allowed multiple apps to run at a time that were using what you are referring to as 32bits entire limit which is false, 64gb physical, 3.5gb virtual address. 2 different things

Edited by (XB1)OfferedCastle25

1 минуту назад, (XB1)OfferedCastle25 сказал:

Yes and that allows for accessible use of more than 4gb, 2gb on Windows. However that is not 32bits physical memory limitation

🙂

Limitation of 32bit addressing is 4 Gb

PAE may not be enabled on every 32 bit OS, so "the physical ram limit for 32bit systems is 64gb of ram" - is wrong

18 hours ago, (XB1)OfferedCastle25 said:

I had a 32bit system for years running Linux with 32gb of ram. Each app could use up to the virtual address space limit but not the full physical limit however this allowed multiple apps to run at a time that were using what you are referring to as 32bits entire limit which is false, 64gb physical, 3.5gb virtual address. 2 different things

Ah ok i see where the confusion comes from. The thing is, there is no relation between your hardware, your OS, your random numbers, and reality. The reason some 32bit OS can see more 4GB is because some "32bit" hardware internally operates at more than 32bit, namely 36bit. 2^36bit is 64GB. Worth noting at this point that some do more and some do less. And with a few hacks it can be put to use, given proper support. But it literally has nothing to do with your claim "32bit can use 64GB". And especially not with "hack your windows for moar ram." Which is why nobody bothers.