Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.8.0

[DE]Drew

Thank you for the update, apologies in advance for the critical post.

As some whos run Arbs a decent amount, and made sure I have the kits to mostly survive its 1-shot rule, I have to say none of these changes interest me that much.

I liked the perma-death as it was, not sure how I feel about this new risk/rez game mechanics. I will have to see what kind of moments this introduces... when someone dies and then puts the whole squad at risk to rescue them. I personally would rather try again than be a hassle to my team and risk their run. I wont suffer people who abuse that system foolishly.

I am also not really keen on these rewards except maybe new Forma- IF it works with Umbra slots. None of these skins and whatnot appeal to me.

I truly love DE as a dev and love this game, Im not just trying to *@##$ when I say... DE has a chronic hesitance toward make activities truly rewarding. It feels like new and especially variant weapons are kept long in the chamber for the next big thing, and we wait an eternity for this appointed time. They are meted out very sparingly, while new modes are touted that just keep us spinning our wheels, for rather off-brand cosmetics.

A slight revamp of the rules is not enough and we need a reason to keep going. If I do Arb today, under all the new rules and conditions, Im still just going to get flooded with an overabundance of Endo, just like SO floods me with tons of random relics. The actual drops in zone need a bump.

Depending how that forma is obtained, it could be a gain for a couple of my frames, but where is the new weapon to grind parts for, etc? Wheres the moment I throw my hands up and cheer because I received something truly cool and meaningful here? 

With all that said, the fact that DE even goes back to update these modes is a testament, its a push in the right direction, it just needs more OOMPH.

2 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:
Spoiler

Arbitrations ‘Iteration 1’ Changes

Our goal with this update is to maintain the challenge that Arbitrations promised, while also ensuring that if you or a teammate is knocked out, they still have a chance to jump back into the fight! Iteration 1 brings the discussed Revival mechanic and enemy scaling changes to mirror normal Endless mission modes. We will be watching how these changes play out as we plan to iterate further on the mode in the future, with our next review for Arbitrations focusing on reward pacing.

BE KIND, REVIVE
The rules of Arbitration death have shifted: players are still downed with no bleedout timer, but a Revive tower is now placed at the player’s spot of death. If any squadmate is awaiting Revival, the Arbitration Drones will begin dropping unique pickups known as a “Resurgence Burden”. These pickups function similar to Index points (otherwise known as “Financial Stress”), debuffing the players who carry them. 

In order to revive a player, 5 of these Resurgence Burdens must be taken to their tower simultaneously. These 5 pickups can be delivered by one or multiple squadmates, but cannot be “dropped off” at the tower - it’s all or nothing!

NEW REWARDS
You can now spend Vitus Essence in the Arbitrations Market to purchase Archgun Rivens (if you are below your Riven cap), as well as new cosmetics! The new cosmetic offerings include:

AMPREX TELOS SKIN 
ATOMOS TELOS SKIN 
ATTERAX TELOS SKIN 

ILLUMINA JUDICIUM (name showing incorrectly in game. Will be hotfixed)
Let Arbitration begin.

A similar Emote style to the TennoCon 2019 Emote, the Illumina Judicium displays your true dedication to Arbitrations with a looping Vitus Illumina Glyph whilst doing an angsty Meditation pose.

JUDICIAL OCULUS 
Eyewear created by the Arbiters for those they deem worthy. 

Also, a new Arbitrations reward has been added: the elusive Aura Forma Blueprint! Craft an Aura Forma to modify an Aura slot on a Warframe to be compatible with any Mod Polarity.

General Arbitrations Changes:

• Removed custom enemy level scaling from Defense, Survival, Interception, Excavation, Defection, and Infested Salvage modes in Arbitrations. Enemy scaling now mirrors normal Endless missions that increase as the missions progresses. 
  • Reduced Vitus Essence crafting cost for the Amber Star Blueprint from 2 to 1.

Fixes:

• Potential fix for inability to use Warframe Abilities and prior active Invisibility being broken after using Transference. 
  • Fixed cases of Plains Rescue Bounties prematurely ending. 
  • Fixed (for real this time) the Synth Mod Set Bonus resulting in your weapon reload stopping and Synth icon stuck for a Client players after Operator mode.
  • Fixed a script error if Stalker's target disconnects after his initial Transmission fires up.
  • Fixed Alad V’s skirt clipping into his legs in his Wolf of Saturn Six Episode dioramas.
  • Fixed potential (harmless) script crash that can occur when Wolf dies in the middle of spinning.
  • Fixed equipping Castanas (in default Skin) placing a larger version of one of the projectiles between the Warframes legs.
  • Fixed windows in Grineer Settlement tileset being impassible when they look open. 
  • Fixed some waypoints flip flopping around you in Lua tileset (more fixes required). 
  • Fixed Void Dash colliding with Snowglobe. 
  • Fixed a crash caused by Khora’s Strangledome. 
  • Fixed wonky lantern textures in Teshin’s Relay room as reported here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/bene8w/as_one_of_the_4_conclave_players_i_require_these/
  • Fixed an issue where selecting default keybindings would remove the ability to scroll or click, as well as causing other issues. 

i assumed it would be common sense that picking up index tokens automatically that massively debuff your frame would be a bad idea. what were you people thinking???  any sort of squishier frame is doomed instantly if they happen to accidently pick these up, which could be blocking doorways, hallways, and preventing access to parts of the level. absolutely terrible idea. you should be able to pick them up after a few are laying on the floor.

Playing public Arbitrations is absolute cancer now. Ppl die and you accidently pick up the debuff tokens while trying to kill the drones. I only had 2 of the tokens and was waiting for the other players to converge on the dead player pod so we could revive him, but it's a public squad, so no one is communicating or coordinating. Then someone else dies while the first one is still dead waiting for a revive... yea, fun times. I'm never playing Arbitration in public again. 

Honestly this doesn't affect me as much, because I can play with clan mates or solo, but public squad Arbitrations just became one of the most cancerous things on this game. 

On the bright side I love the new Arbitrations rewards! Well done there. And the new scaling is awesome as well for those of us looking for a better challenge! Overall this was a positive upgrade to Arbitrations, but sadly with a very bad move on the clunky revive mechanic.

Still no fix for:

- Nekros Shadows being affected by Renewal, thus posing a massive, unnecessary energy drain on Oberon players.

- Broken animations for Phaedra when used as a Heavy Weapon.

- Broken animations for Grattler in general.

- Vauban and Wukong being generally boring and almost completely out-classed by meta DPS Frames such as Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox, etc.

- Volt Speed spam annoying players who dislike having other players dictate how fast they move.

- The Wolf of Saturn Six being a boring, arbitrary bullet-sponge and gear-check enemy that punishes players for head-shotting and who rewards us with a subpar drop table that has mods you can easily get anywhere else.

- Arguably terrible pacing for Arbitrations with reviving being arbitrarily and needlessly penalized.

- Nightwave still failing to truly respect player time and commitment and being geared towards players with far too much free-time.

- Host Migrations NOT pausing the game.

- Energy colors being bugged / broken for certain Warframes, accessories, and abilities.

Also, it would be really nice of you all to:

- Give us manual blocking options back for melee.

- Give Ogris a semi-auto trigger and make the rockets only detonate after they've traveled 6m (at least).

- Bring back regular Alerts for players that either can't or don't want to deal with Nightwave.

2.5%... and here I was, grinding my ass of for months trying to piece together Ivara. Somewhere between 5.5 and 7.5 per piece. Months doing at least 2 or 3 runs per day. Months.

Well... I really would like to tell ya where you can stick your 2.5%. I really would...

Aura Forma Blueprint...

Wow. But what a reward. Super innovative. Changed the gameplay. It broke paradigms. I brought a new system to the game. Fantastic. I do not even know how I did not know this game before. Endgame has reached a new level ...

3 hours ago, Caramello said:

Nope, i wont revive a single person.

As I understood as soon as someone dies these little pesky things will start dropping around you and auto-pickup and the only way to get rid of them would be to run to the downed guy and revive him asap. And it will be even funnier if they stay on you when someone else revive him first. That will be priceless. Well, unless you want this additional challenge, I guess.

13 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Still no fix for:

- Nekros Shadows being affected by Renewal, thus posing a massive, unnecessary energy drain on Oberon players.

Unfortunately, this has been brought up time and time again yet no change. Not sure if DE has actually paid attention to this problem or they just don't care to change it. 

5 minutes ago, Hyperkinesis said:

For all the whining babies complaining about arbitration revives saying their teammates need to just "get good", why don't you just shut up, adapt to the new changes, and GET GOOD?

because they don't need to. if they are still alive, they are good enough, and won't risk some extreme debuff for a moron that didn't watched his HP.

second, if the token pickup system is automatic, they have every reasons to be mad, but it looks like you don't have the ability to understand everything it means.

7 minutes ago, Hyperkinesis said:

For all the whining babies complaining about arbitration revives saying their teammates need to just "get good", why don't you just shut up and adapt to the new changes and GET GOOD?

it isnt about get good, its about the team is now punished twice if a player goes down. for example a rhino fails to spot their iron skin is about to fail, the team is now down a player and having their survivability reduced in order to bring the player back

Yep absolutely hate this res gimmick means you ether play solo or with a full tank squad cause if 1 person goes down then the whole team gets punished for it.

The double time reward rotations are still terrible and drones are still a convoluted padding that requires you to run a aoe  weapons so you end up with a game mode made solely for inaros / catchmoon.

This update seems to have introduced more freezing when playing in Linux via Proton. It's really bad this time. It freezes only a couple minutes into my first mission every time, meaning it's completely unplayable until it's fixed.

Gotta be honest the cost of the new stuff is kind of ridiculous considering you only get 1 every 10+ minutes still. 25 for a riven is effectively over 4 hours straight of actual game time.

I think either the cost should be lowered, or they should stop being such slow rotations (make it even harder if need be, I'd rather it's harder than that it's this slow) arbitrations don't feel hard as much as they feel tedious.

There's lots of arch guns, but these are priced like you'd only want one or two ever honestly.

Regarding the new death and revive system, I did some arby today with some friends, all this system did was make them careless and lazy regarding their safety, I'm 100% sure had this not been in they would've been way more careful, this just put the burden (QUITE LITERALLY) on the teammates. In resume it's a hand holding safety net.

The new forma is trash, 4 formas to build it when we can literally use those 4 formas to polarize a frame and do better, that's disregarding that there's literally NO USE on any other polarity that's not a DASH, it's like you don't play your own game, IF the forma were for any regular slot other than Aura slot, then it would be usable, this is literally useless.

Well, it's not like you read feedback anyway.

Normal scaling is cool, I guess

3 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Also, a new Arbitrations reward has been added: the elusive Aura Forma Blueprint! Craft an Aura Forma to modify an Aura slot on a Warframe to be compatible with any Mod Polarity.

Given the crafting cost and drop chance, it would have been a lot better if it added 18 capacity (like Steel Charge) by default and let users swap any aura of their choice. Without that, it doesn't have much value or use. Maybe in 1-2 frames but eh...

31 minutes ago, lainverse said:

Oh, look, new obvious griefing strategy: join Arbitration mission, die every minute or two after each revive.

Does number of such "deaths" is limited? I hope it is limited.

Heck no need for intentional griefing for this new gimmick to fail, Drones don't spawn as often as they did.

Had a match when someone died fairly early and by the time the rest of the team left (some 12 waves later) only 3 Drones had spawned, so we carried around pointless debuffs... Joy.

3 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Arbitrations ‘Iteration 1’ Changes

Our goal with this update is to maintain the challenge that Arbitrations promised, while also ensuring that if you or a teammate is knocked out, they still have a chance to jump back into the fight! Iteration 1 brings the discussed Revival mechanic and enemy scaling changes to mirror normal Endless mission modes. We will be watching how these changes play out as we plan to iterate further on the mode in the future, with our next review for Arbitrations focusing on reward pacing.

BE KIND, REVIVE
The rules of Arbitration death have shifted: players are still downed with no bleedout timer, but a Revive tower is now placed at the player’s spot of death. If any squadmate is awaiting Revival, the Arbitration Drones will begin dropping unique pickups known as a “Resurgence Burden”. These pickups function similar to Index points (otherwise known as “Financial Stress”), debuffing the players who carry them. 

In order to revive a player, 5 of these Resurgence Burdens must be taken to their tower simultaneously. These 5 pickups can be delivered by one or multiple squadmates, but cannot be “dropped off” at the tower - it’s all or nothing!

longer Rotations, less life support for Survival missions, and Arbtitration Drone AI are my biggest issues. I'm one of the players who actually plays the mode pretty often. You guys really missed some obvious stuff that needs to be looked at tho. Think about this please... 

If the problem with doing normal endless missions was the "tedious" part of spending an hour+ to get to the content players wanted to experience, why would you try to fix that problem by creating a mode with more tedious elements? Those elements end up being a very similar to just waiting that hour+ in normal endless. Most of the time, you just don't want to stay very long because so much of that time isn't enjoyable. 

I was mainly looking forward to Survival, since that's what I do normally when I want to play endless. With Arbitrations, I only really like Excavation and Interception. Those modes are so much more efficient than anything else, because the longer rotations don't really do anything. 15 minutes(= 1 Rotation) into an Arbitations Survival is so crazy because it would normally be 3 Rotations. So "twice as long" actually feels three times longer than normal Rotations. 

Anyways, thank you for revisiting Arbitrations and reworking the enemy scaling, but reviving players wasn't a big issue IMO. Something makes me think debuffing players in a mode like that will be a bad idea anyways, but I guess I'll see in a sec. Just please give us normal rotations so the modes will be more balanced. You can keep Excavation and Interception exactly how they are, but Survival and Defense should have normal rotations IMO.  

Archived