Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.8.0

[DE]Drew

3 hours ago, KingJerbear said:

Nice rant but speak for yourself. I also am a vet and I love the change. Promotes teamwork instead of solo tryharding. Just play the Arbitration solo if you are so bothered by being able to die and revive.

our teammate who died after the change just aborted mission, i will probably do the same thing on death in arbitration.....new system is to mickey mouse to bother with.

Wile playing against the exploiter orb i had no drops for around 95 runs for a 6% drop, someone on forum had 190 for his 1st on 6% DE i can kinda understand it's a cosmetic but a 2.5% drop on a useable game affecting non tradable item is not ok.  the mods you can at least buy if your unlucky.

As much as I want Archgun Rivens (and I do) 25 Virtuous Essence for a Veiled Riven....... 

Spoiler

Even if I was desperate enough to play Arbitrations for Archgun Rivens I have no room for Rivens anyhow. God I really want some Archgun Rivens too.... eh can't even trade for them cause no room and clearing out a bunch of riven slots is such an unrewarding hassle. 

It would be really nice if we got some decent something for melting Rivens like a ton of Endo or a decent bit of Kuva? So it didn't feel like quite as big of a waste after getting one in a sortie, having the game harass me endlessly about being overcap, finally completing the challenge and getting a Riven that isn't worth bothering to list for trade. 

It would also be nice if we didn't need the transmutation Macguffin that seems to exist for little more than getting people to Tridolon. All for the sake of turning four terribad Rivens into a single terribad riven. 

I'm also kinda disheartened that the Aura Polarity mod exists because it probably means we will not be seeing a multi-polarity overhaul. 

Also Also it wasn't the resurection issue keeping people from Arbitrations it was IMHO the fact that you doubled the time between rotation rewards.... Sure there are some theoretically better rewards but it takes twice as long to get some random junk instead. 

There should be a "Revive" explaining mechanic to the players seen most players just stand around not knowing how to revive and the person dead just DCS.

Also I think because a "Revive" mechanic is in should halt disconnects for 20seconds so the players can revive the player dead.

I don't want to grind four hours for a riven mod I get to use once or twice. Archwing loot needs to be rethought. I think Archwing exp/mods should be acquirable from more than just Archwing missions because no one ever plays those. Archwing seems like it should be about fun and feeling powerful but all it makes you feel is anxious about earning everything all over again for a new type of game type. 

Revive tokens apparently reset to their former drop locations after a host migration, so if you're planning to stay solo after the rest of the team extracts, you'll quickly become covered with them and unable to get rid of them. Very poorly considered mechanic.

Come on guys, stop forcing us to play longer and longer. This shouldn't be "endgame". If it was a longer mission that had different objectives it's more understandable but doing the same thing over and over it's NOT FUN and the rewards aren't that great either.
Just keep the rotations back to 5 mins, waves, whatever as regular ones. I don't wanna keep playing longer just for the sake of it That's not difficulty!
Just give us shorter, more intense sessions, with adequate rewards. That's how games should be. It's all fun and good to be like "Haha so much grinding and farm simulator!" but now it's getting too real and it's not funny anymore.

thanks for the update but the only thing that makes warframe playable after thousands of hours are decent rewards or fun game modes, arbitrations are still neither so unfortunately I wont be playing again until rotations are changed to 5 waves/mins and something worth while added to the vitus shop like the other riven types.

Feel free to make it a lot harder and start by having enemies start at level 100+

6 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

BE KIND, REVIVE
The rules of Arbitration death have shifted: players are still downed with no bleedout timer, but a Revive tower is now placed at the player’s spot of death. If any squadmate is awaiting Revival, the Arbitration Drones will begin dropping unique pickups known as a “Resurgence Burden”. These pickups function similar to Index points (otherwise known as “Financial Stress”), debuffing the players who carry them. 

In order to revive a player, 5 of these Resurgence Burdens must be taken to their tower simultaneously. These 5 pickups can be delivered by one or multiple squadmates, but cannot be “dropped off” at the tower - it’s all or nothing!

How about, no?

If you mod badly, I ain't gonna revive you. 

And ability immunity is a bad mechanic. I want more Nox-style enemies. Tanky. Not immune to abilities. 

I play warframe for warframe abilities. If I want some call of duty crap in space, I will not play warframe. All these new content (arbitration drones, orb mothers etc.) being introduced is robbing us of enjoying literally the name of the game, warframe. Why bother building new warframes when anything endgame-ish renders all abilities pointless? I can just stick with Rhino, Inaros, Chroma and do everything from killing trash mods in relic farms, to end game Eidolons and Orb Mothers. Who cares about all 20+ or whatever number frames, they all don't work at endgame fights anyway and die in a quarter amount of time. 

I like how Squako's post absolutely ratios the main announcement. Can't get any clearer than that, that you guys missed the mark here. 

Have some people really play this stuff, and not from merely a technical standpoint of, "ok is it functioning?" but have them ask, "Ok but is it fun? What's making it not fun? Whatever's making it not fun, let's focus on fixing that." Pretty clear, here, that the permadeath was not the main turnoff. 

As usual more loots to compensate really uninspired design. Arbitrations need to be more fun, not to have more rewards...

Permadeath was as uninspired as invulnerable enemies and now it's kind of fixed unless less than 4 players are playing cause 5 burdens with only two players is just a complete waste of time especially on missions with objectives...

Still nothing to improve most missions length, cause we're spending a lot of time in there not only because they're endless missions but because new objectives are damn too long to achieve. You've only made vanilla endless missions worst than they were before ! I don't mind challenge, but double time can't be considered as a challenge. You could also have improved desertion missions to make them more fun cause no one wanted to run  them before Arbitrations, i don't think they want to run them more now - If only some missions would encourage team play.

And let's talk about fun, what's new with arbitrations ? Flying Drones and invulnerable enemies. First AI is quite terrible so flying drones is a huge mess of dull situations where you can't shoot at them for many reasons. You only created endless missions where Arca plasmor, Ignis Wraith or Staticor are pretty much mandatory at some point. We could talk about diversity then !

And you're implementing harder missions without even trying to fix some stupidly scaling damages at high levels such as oneshot grenades (Grineers), Infested ninja grabs or worse: Corpus mines ! Even in sorties they're all around and oneshoting everything in one second. Perhaps fixing such things before implementing harder or permadeath content would have been wise.

As someone said in a previous thread, you're taking the wrong path when you're only "reworking" not that well designed, balanced nor much fun content only with additional rewards - And making some weak players farming them even if they don't like what they're doing - It only leads to further frustration and toxic minds - Again.

Stop with the carrot, the only thing anyone needs in a game is more fun ! Sadly arbitrations didn't bring that yet.

7 minutes ago, Mate397 said:

An aura forma? Why? Why isn't regular forma good for that? Also riven for arch guns feels really pointless...with that effort it could've been a riven for sentinels.

You can still use regular Forma in the Aura slot but it will only afford a single polarity. The Aura forma awards all polarities. Which means you are then free to use any polarity of Aura and Aura polarity restriction is probably 80% of the reason everyone and their dog only ever uses a dash and only ever equips Corrosive Projection. 

I liked the old arbitration, enemies are easier but i can't run in solo like 80 min now cus the damn Life Support getting down fast as hell, that obligates me to always go with teams that don't resist more than 30 minutes of survival xD

7 hours ago, SQUAKO said:

Hi, I’m SQUAKO.

I want to address what a majority of arbitration players are thinking and their opinions before this update on the current state of Arbitrations.

Basically, to give you the rundown, Arbitrations suck for various reasons:

Hide contents

• Because arb rotations are 2 normal rotations, mission types like defense are completely not worth doing (10+ minutes) compared to literally everything else (10 minutes survival, 10 minutes interception, 8 minutes defection, 6-10 minutes infested salvage, 4-8 minutes excavation).  Every main Arbitration spammer can agree excavation was the best one to run (bonus points for infested), and defense/survival took too long (or were too ‘boring’).
  • Rotation rewards all suck, pure endo that can be earned three times faster doing a couple runs of vodyanoi.  Cool mods and ephemera I guess.
  • Vitus Essence rewards turn out to be only buying the Ayatan Amber Star Blueprint, Power Donation, and the Veiled Archgun Riven Mod. (Excluding cosmetics of course, because ThE ReAl eNdGaMe iS FasHioNFrAmE).
  • Arbitration drone AI sucks because they cause enemies to get stuck across the map (unless someone uses a form of enemy radar).

And with this update, solutions I have to solve most of the reasons why Arbitrations suck can be summed up to:

Hide contents

• Change arb rotational rewards to be 1 normal interval with the reward pool being AABBCCCCCC… to match the ABCCCCCC….  This would make playing arbs more worth your while and earn more rewards for your time (especially since without the reduced level scaling I wouldn’t want to sit around for an hour with a bunch of level 200 enemies)
  • Add ALL types of rivens, Primary, Shotgun, Secondary, Kitgun, Melee, Zaw, redeemable for Vitus Essence in Arbitration Honors.  Actual tangible rewards are pretty lackluster and there would be no reason to do them unless you wanted a bunch of the cosmetics.
  • Add Kuva to be redeemable for Vitus Essence in Arbitration Honors.  Add Kuva to the rotational reward pool.
  • Have arbitration shield drones permanently under the effects of an enemy radar so they function properly and run to you (solving the “enemies stuck across the map” bug)
  • Bind Vitus Essence to account like how cracking relics do so crashing or aborting the mission early doesn’t throw out all your hard earned work.

If you feel arbitrations can truly improve, I highly advise checking out my future post below to check out and upvote (if you like my ideas) or give an argument about.  But until then, we can ALL agree arbitrations right now are pretty cut and dry.

My thoughts on actually reading this update:

Reveal hidden contents

Any chance people who made a bunch of stars previously can get refunded some Vitus Essence?

we've done it

Here's my current thoughts running around the new update:

I do not support Vacuum based mods automatically giving you Resurgence Burdens.  Make it a walk-on feature.  PLEASE.

HOLD ON, ARCHGUN RIVENS ARE 25 VITUS ESSENCE EACH? That's 4+ hours worth of grinding for a veiled archgun riven.  You know, the weapon that's only useful in Profit Taker?

And for some here are the images to the new items

Reveal hidden contents

ZkMy6c8.png

Oh and here is your new aura forma (kudos to the guy a few pages in the forum thread)

Reveal hidden contents

S3O11vg.png

Man, now they will nerf excavations...

3 hours ago, HisokaXEveryone said:

or one that also hits tanking abilites, or even just straight up removed

Suddenly, everyone playing only as Valkitty with self-healing stick, Hyldrin with immortality cheese build, Inaros with absurd amount of health and self-heal and Limbo with long timer microbubble. In primary and secondary only Arca Plasmor and Catchmoon. First 3 survive through their gear instead of abilities (technically Valkitty benefits from Ethernal War, but doesn't require it for survival) and you need something to protect extractors, right? And obviously these obnoxious drones are even higher on KOS list if they somehow not on the top position yet.

7 hours ago, SQUAKO said:

"HOLD ON, ARCHGUN RIVENS ARE 25 VITUS ESSENCE EACH? That's 4+ hours worth of grinding for a veiled archgun riven.  You know, the weapon that's only useful in Profit Taker?"

Ah yes, the weapon that's only useful in profit taker, that you cannot take out anywhere else.
That weapon.
The one that doesn't exist, right, that one.

Is it stuff like this that got Ivara nerfed? Were Ivara players punished for the insanity of the community?
Ivara jesus skin where?

3 minutes ago, symonia said:

Ah yes, the weapon that's only useful in profit taker, that you cannot take out anywhere else.
That weapon.
The one that doesn't exist, right, that one.

Is it stuff like this that got Ivara nerfed? Were Ivara players punished for the insanity of the community?
Ivara jesus skin where?

What are you talking about lol. That still doesn't verify why it should take 4+ hrs of farming for a chance playing a game of, well chance. Prices on most require at least 3 hrs of farming. However, for things like cosmetics I get it. It's 1 and done. With this, its 4+ hrs worth of farming to get an unveil that has high chances of being primed disappointment. 

Archived