Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.8.0

[DE]Drew

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Doesn't do anything for the main issue that many of us have... the rotations are still twice as long as anywhere else and there is realistically no other reason than to make the mission 'take longer' for each reward...

I know right, I feel as if they went around the main issue. 

Universal Aura Polarities aren't enough to get me into that slog. I've done well enough without them for 6 years.

DE makes announcement thread, players give feedback, DE makes changes taking 0 ideas and concerns from feedback thread.

Just like ESO. Anyone still playing ESO religiously? No? Didn't think so.

Cool update, hope you guys can really make Arbitrations more fun and rewarding though. I feel like after you get at least 50 Vitus and the seeding step there's really nothing else to try and get apart from a couple mods I guess but you'll most likely get those before seeding step.

Oh yikes, I accidentally skipped over the revive function, yeah that's a horrible idea, not only do you take probably the most suspenseful part away from arbitration but you're conning other players just cause some of their teammates aren't as good as them.

I have to agree with others here. Revives are not the way to fix arbitrations.

The trend I am beginning to suspect here is catering to players who don't want to make hard choices or deal with trade-offs. The deal with games like this (not to mention real life) is that you can't have everything. For example, if you want max survivability, you may have to sacrifice speed; if you want max defense, you may have to sacrifice DPS; if you want max efficiency, you may have to sacrifice power. Examples could be multiplied indefinitely.

This is why I didn't really like the idea of the umbral forma. The umbral mods are more powerful than other options, so it makes sense to me that there should be a trade-off. Introducing an umbral forma reduces the trade-off, and is a move towards letting players have everything. (Fortunately the umbral forma is still extremely rare, so there is still a trade-off in deciding where to use it.)

A game like this is a completely arbitrary world. Could the trade-offs be eliminated? Of course. Mods could be free, instead of draining a fixed resource. Warframe energy could regenerate endlessly so that abilities could be eternally spammed. But the game would be boring and nothing in it would take any thought or effort.

So, arbitrations. Some players may not like permadeath, but it's the risk we run. Maybe the rewards aren't worth the risk. That's the players' call, whether they want to run the mission or not. But adding revives in some form to accommodate these players just seems to water down the experience of the game.

The aura forma, vague as it was at first, appears to be part of the same trend. Now you don't have to choose between auras on your builds, because any of them will add mod capacity. No trade-off, you can have it all.

Making things easier like this might be (coincidentally) the easy way out to address technical issues like host migrations. But in the long run, they won't work. They'll just make the game less fun to play.

5 minutes ago, Canadian321 said:

I guess I'm never pubbing an Arbitration again. Thanks for listening to feedback /s

I’m just never running Arbs again. None of the actual issues were addressed—it’s just a “let’s make this worse for everyone” update. 

48 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

BE KIND, REVIVE
The rules of Arbitration death have shifted: players are still downed with no bleedout timer, but a Revive tower is now placed at the player’s spot of death. If any squadmate is awaiting Revival, the Arbitration Drones will begin dropping unique pickups known as a “Resurgence Burden”. These pickups function similar to Index points (otherwise known as “Financial Stress”), debuffing the players who carry them. 

In order to revive a player, 5 of these Resurgence Burdens must be taken to their tower simultaneously. These 5 pickups can be delivered by one or multiple squadmates, but cannot be “dropped off” at the tower - it’s all or nothing!

So, in a nutshell, I get punished when another player drops. Or vice-versa. Has nobody at DE foreseen the troll potential for players intentionally dropping in order to stress the rest of the squad? All this change has done for me is ensure that I will never play Arbitration missions in a squad and possibly never play them at all.

Also, no alterations for color-blind players who can't see those damnable drones.

Wow, arbitrations feels even worse than it ever has. 30 minutes of financial stress from the index straight because my teammates aren't well prepared - so I get punished for the rest of the game having to revive them just for them to fall down 10 seconds later.

Arbitrations has always felt like an insult to the value of my time and now it's even worse? 

48 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Also, a new Arbitrations reward has been added: the elusive Aura Forma Blueprint! Craft an Aura Forma to modify an Aura slot on a Warframe to be compatible with any Mod Polarity. 

why lock a QOL feature behind arbitration.....meh, will only make me want to do it now, though not hundreds amt of times for EACH forma BP.

that being said, this is a GOOD step to universal forma (even if it doesnt happen). this opens the ability to NOT be locked behind a - or V all the time now.

still, having to grind out 35+ of these is going to be a dang bore.

@[DE]Drew if the team wants to make arbitration better, reduce the number of rounds we need to get our vitus rewards to what normal missions are, as they are now they are way not worth the time you need to spend in mission.. the only one i like is excavation and thats cause its based on extractors done not waves

Can we get the manual block back for at least Shield and Sword weapons because without it some of their mods are useless and the special bonus is wasted? Also, this doesn't fix the issues with Arbitration being boring, unrewarding and an overall lazy attempt at end game. DE you are refusing to listen to actual criticism that will improve the game and instead only listen to positive "pat on the back" type comments from people that are unable to understand why something like Arbitration is so bad. I have been playing for a long time and there has been a decline in you listening to players.

Aura forma drop chance and requirements:

ekUg4x0.png

AoNa99y.png

I really hate this trend in new modes: Release a low % chance drop (mods), wait for people to burn out farming until they get it. Then release another low % chance drop item (ephemera) and wait for them to burn out. Then add another one (aura forma), rinse and repeat. 

If the reward cycles weren't so long I would understand the low chance but each rotation is around 10 minutes, except excavation. 

54 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Potential fix for inability to use Warframe Abilities and prior active Invisibility being broken after using Transference. 

Potential? So unconfirmed fix? More testing needs to be done type of situation ?

54 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Also, a new Arbitrations reward has been added: the elusive Aura Forma Blueprint! Craft an Aura Forma to modify an Aura slot on a Warframe to be compatible with any Mod Polarity.

Wow, you actually put that in. I'm quite surprised. Welp, time to see how much VE that costs. Oh it's a drop, I see now.

36 minutes ago, Lucifer_Verone said:

Is it just me or was there a nerf to catchmoon? Because my riven suddenly went from 150% crit chance to 128% crti chance, and i dont know why but my catchmoon seems like it got a substantial damage downgrade because previously i was able to take down lvl 120 bombards easily but now they take and entire magazine and thats if i land headshots. Im not sure what happened to it if anyone has gone through this then i would like to know about it.

got nurfed in the last riven shuffle. 

Will those Aura mods behave like normal formas, reset the frame to 0 and lvl up again? If yes, then does it unlock the secondary energy color in a warframe with no formas?

Also, are there plans to implement it for melee stances as well, allowing the use of any melee stance?

I still won't be playing Arbitrations. The rewards only appearing at every other interval is bull.

Regular "endless" mission modes are already too long as it is - if it were up to me, I'd change Defense to 3 waves, Survival to 3 minutes, and decrease the amount of time per round of Interception (also reducing the impact having more players has on how interception works).

Not only that, but I am literally drowning in relics - I do NOT want more from this mode. I've made it a personal goal to actively seek out void fissures that specifically do not drop yet more relics for me. I've been pursuing this goal for months now, and I STILL have hundreds more relics to go. It's insane.

Diluting the drop tables of content like this, "assassin encounters" like the Wolf, and so on, with Relics & mods that are already thrown at me at every possible avenue is absolute nonsense and kills my motivation to bother with it at all.

57 minutes ago, SQUAKO said:

Hi, I’m SQUAKO.

And for some here are the images to the new items

ZkMy6c8.png

LMAO,  Judicial Oculus looks like someone decided to wear a bra on their face.   Why can't we get some normal-arse face wear for once?  The majority of operator stuff looks dumb.   We need new hairs, faces,  a nose and eyebrow slider, and maybe even an eyeliner slider (Even guys look good with eyeliner sometimes, particularly in games,  makes the eyes pop and often doesn't look out of place in games)

The Aura Forma sounds fantastic though.

59 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Reduced Vitus Essence crafting cost for the Amber Star Blueprint from 2 to 1.

Still too expensive.

Also, Arbie rotations are still too long and therefore too boring to be worth going back to. Looking forward to Arbies Iteration 2, in 2021.

I have many questions:

Aura formas?  When was it introduced that we couldn't change the polarity of an aura slot with a normal forma?  Why was it changed?  What is the point in introducing an unnecessary crafting item to do what normal forma could do for years?

Could you please offer some feedback, information or at least some form of response to the melee 2.9 rework thread?  The complete silence from you is making us believe you are totally ignoring the enormous amount of negative feedback it has had.  How long do we have to wait for the additional melee changes?  Are we going to get an option to toggle the new melee mode on and off?  Are you going to fix all of the problems around auto-blocking, exalted weapons and aim-gliding?

Could you please fix Nezha's Pyroclastic Flow augment?  At the moment there is no visual effect for the augment, making it impossible to see how far the trail goes or how long it lasts.

Could you please improve the drop table for Wolf Of Saturn Six?  A 35% drop chance on the two parts of the Wolf Sledge is nice, but given how rarely he spawns for most people, the likelihood of them receiving the Wolf Sledge blueprint or his mask is far too low.  Since there are 4 things he can drop, set all 4 of them to a 25% drop chance, and give him a 100% chance to drop one of those 4 items.  In addition, perhaps on the final week of this Nightwave season you could make each of the Wolf Sledge parts and the blueprint available for purchase with Wolf Creds, for those of us who have been incredibly unlucky and are missing one vital part to craft the weapon.

Could you please rework Garuda's Dread Mirror augment to one that will actually be a benefit instead of being a waste of mod capacity?  There is no point in having a mod that gives a brief moment of invincibility to an ability that gives an aimable shield that is already practically invincibility.

Archived