Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.8.0

[DE]Drew

DOES NO ONE CARE????????

the Telos Boltace change positions like NIGHT AND DAY. in night form and dual form they are fine but in day form the positioning is fixed. i can still change yaw and roll but they dont get very far. also very different positions, considering im going to be using this EQUINOX build with my TELOS BOLTACE for the amazing pull that you added to it that has 14 meters verses the 12 or 13 meters of the exodia hunt i really want to use the telos boltace and i cant have my fashon frame looking like craziness while in day form, please fix soon!!!!!!!!

pdmnDHB.jpgO6cxHFt.jpgBEw1E0z.jpgFzMzYjE.jpg

•  

Talk about disappointment.  Heck, Primed disappointment.  

Arbitrations have scaling restored, with penalized revives.  Rewards are still what they are, with all new cosmetics.  Oh look, the next Exilus adapter has dropped.  This time instead of unlocking a slot it makes the polarity of auras completely meaningless.  On top of that, the drop is random.  It's random, and the loot table has not been updated.

DE.  Stop.  I want to swear and rage, but at this point you just don't get it.  Adding in new crap behind a mile long grind wall, so that people who have already applied forma to get one of the two worth while polarity slots for Auras (V and -) can grind for something only good on paper is....frustrating.  How you miss this is beyond me.  You either go steel charge for power, or dash for corrosive projection.  Everything else is ok, but has no place in the meta for the exact reason these changes to arbitration are insufficient.  More "challenge" is not a function of using a broken power scaling system to make bullet sponges, but that's what you're doing.

My opinion is simple.  Screw arbitrations.  It seems like you listen, then you put out something like this that is...at best a half measure.  I speak English.  Somehow it seems like your grasp on feedback is in some non-English language.

We want challenge, and resulting rewards.  What you've delivered is a reminder that the only way the broken scaling is balanced is by using powers, and those powers being arbitrarily blocked isn't fun when bullet sponge McGrineer can one shot you without the splash damage effects you experience on the same weapon.  

But why even provide feedback?  At this point Nightwave 2.0 better resurrect Tesla, Einstein, and solve world hunger.  It's the only justification I can see that would make all these recent backwards changes have any sense to them.  Alternatively, and far more likely, this year at Tennocon we'll finally see not heavily scripted Railjack video.  You know, one where you phase through the ship wall and have half of your resources plundered to build a hat for a Kubrow whose BP drops 0.2% of the time from 30+ minute survivals on Corpus planets exclusively.  That way we can get the joy of Nullifiers and Combas.

Sigh.  What a waste.

13 minutes ago, Pentore said:

Aura forma drop chance and requirements:

ekUg4x0.png

AoNa99y.png

I really hate this trend in new modes: Release a low % chance drop (mods), wait for people to burn out farming until they get it. Then release another low % chance drop item (ephemera) and wait for them to burn out. Then add another one (aura forma), rinse and repeat. 

If the reward cycles weren't so long I would understand the low chance but each rotation is around 10 minutes, except excavation. 

Will it allow for am umbra polarity?

So arbitration is still bad, just with a side dish of revives now? I had a hard time convincing clan mates to play it before, and you did nothing to change that. The mode is fundamentally broken, too slow-paced and repetitive. Exorbitant prices in vitus essence aren't helping either. Needs much more reworking to be fun.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Voltage:

Thank you for the update.

I love these Arbitration changes, but will the fact Excavation is the only interesting mode for Arbitrations be addressed? Don't get me wrong, it is really fun doing Arbitrations in general, but doing Survival feels sluggish in comparison. We don't need to nerf Excavation, but we should learn from it. As a game mode, it let's you increase risk for more efficient reward rotations. Defection let's you do this slightly, but the variety of Arbitrations is mostly Survival/Defense/Interception due to solar map node distribution.

ayy i waited for our Lord and Savior, too bad he didn't get first comment this time, can he redeem himself next time? 

is he Thanos for DE?

Can he Destroy half DE's Popularity with one Finger Snap? 

Find out in the Next Episode of Hotfix / Update / Mainline #*!%-A-Roo

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Our goal with this update is to maintain the challenge that Arbitrations promised, while also ensuring that if you or a teammate is knocked out, they still have a chance to jump back into the fight!

Pretty sure this statement's contradicting itself

Just played the latest arbitration after the "fix": defection

Good job breaking it DE! you just gave trolls the best present ever! Why? read the following:

We got one party member downed and the drones started spewing those resurrection shards that are automatically picked up. Just by getting rid of the annoying pests (arbitration drones) we got all severely debuffed.

Guess what? the downed guy ragequitted instead of waiting a second for help, leaving the rest of the squad at maximum penality and no way of unloading it!

What "saved" us was that another member of the squad got downed and we finally got to unload the damn debuff. Useless to say we all left the moment we found the exit.

Just putting back bleedout state would have been right but noo, you guys had to mess things up more with a uselessly convoluted and unwanted addition!

15 minutes ago, Pentore said:

Aura forma drop chance and requirements:

ekUg4x0.png

AoNa99y.png

I really hate this trend in new modes: Release a low % chance drop (mods), wait for people to burn out farming until they get it. Then release another low % chance drop item (ephemera) and wait for them to burn out. Then add another one (aura forma), rinse and repeat. 

If the reward cycles weren't so long I would understand the low chance but each rotation is around 10 minutes, except excavation. 

Also the resource cost is just ridiculous compared to earlier stuff.

1 minute ago, Ikusias said:

Just played the latest arbitration after the "fix": defection

Good job breaking it DE! you just gave trolls the best present ever! Why? read the following:

We got one party member downed and the drones started spewing those resurrection shards that are automatically picked up. Just by getting rid of the annoying pests we got all severely debuffed.

Guess what? the downed guy ragequitted instead of waiting a second for help, leaving the rest of the squad at maximum penality and no way of unloading it!

What "saved" us was that another member of the squad got downed and we finally got to unload the damn debuff. Useless to say we all left the moment we found the exit.

Just putting back bleedout state would have been right but noo, you guys had to mess things up more with a uselessly convoluted and unwanted addition!

Holy crap they didn’t even make it voluntary. 

(Edit: thanks - you’re the first post to confirm that the shards are an automatic pickup; that makes arbitrations an absolute Don’t Do)

53 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

While you are revisiting old game modes, can you maybe take a look at the Elite Sanctuary Onslaugth Reward table?
We are playing 22min for an useless neo relic (2 lith/meso relics and 1 photora scenes) and a few credits. It´s not worth the time we spend in that gamemode

it is 20 8 rounds of 2.5 min missions.  

54 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

I´m currently trying to get the blazing step ephemera and have done 91 runs in the last 2-3 weeks witch are more than 33hours (22*91/60= 3.36)
33hours, the same 8 tilesets, the same enemies, the same useless rewards over and over and over and over again.
My Rot C rewards are currently:
51 Neo Relics!!! 51!! for 22min in a mission...
20 Endo(750)
7  Axi Relics
6  Peculiar mods (5 bloom, one growth)
3  Braton Stocks
2  Lato Barrels
1  Braton BP

yes the relics are the most common drop as they should be I agree that axi should be more common and the endo does not need to exist (however the amount is nice for once).  yah the RNG on it sucks we get it but neo reliks are good forma/ducat fodder with some of the best fissure mission options (especially because mot is considered a neo fissure for some dumb reason).  

1 hour ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Maybe reduce the time if the efficiency is always above a certain value (like the hacking in the JV raid), make the rotations aabccccc or even abccccc, so we player have a reason to stay longer in there (and maybe this will increase score board competition) and remove unnecessary drops like the neo relics and give an increased chance for the braton/lato/peculiar/ephimera.

care to elaborate as to why neo relics are unnecessary.  a better option would be an ABCD rotation or to set the reliks in A rotations at 50% lith to meso.  the point of the ultra-rare drops is to be hard to get and to keep to you grinding.  
I like the Idea of letting us do the mission faster if we can keep efficiency but first they need to fix some of the scaling problems in that mode (especially after host migrations it does not shift the efficiency drain back to normal despite reduced spawns).  for the most part, the rewards are fine I agree that the neo axi ratio should look more like the neo endo one.  personally, I would replace the endo with the axi relics and the axi relics with kuva but that is just me.  

Can ephemera be tradeable i got them and i see no problem for it only missing seeding. took me hours/day to get the other 5. 177 exploiter orbs and i think they should be tradable they dilate the drop table with cosmetic that some players don't want or need when they have 2 Let those players get some plat at least

1 hour ago, Dark_Lugia said:

While you are revisiting old game modes, can you maybe take a look at the Elite Sanctuary Onslaugth Reward table?
We are playing 22min for an useless neo relic (2 lith/meso relics and 1 photora scenes) and a few credits. It´s not worth the time we spend in that gamemode...

I´m currently trying to get the blazing step ephemera and have done 91 runs in the last 2-3 weeks witch are more than 33hours (22*91/60= 3.36)
33hours, the same 8 tilesets, the same enemies, the same useless rewards over and over and over and over again.
My Rot C rewards are currently:
51 Neo Relics!!! 51!! for 22min in a mission...
20 Endo(750)
7  Axi Relics
6  Peculiar mods (5 bloom, one growth)
3  Braton Stocks
2  Lato Barrels
1  Braton BP

71/91= 78% of the time a reward (neo relic/ endo) which noone needs in a rot c reward pool, which is always 20min and can´t be speed up

Maybe reduce the time if the efficiency is always above a certain value (like the hacking in the JV raid), make the rotations aabccccc or even abccccc, so we player have a reason to stay longer in there (and maybe this will increase score board competition) and remove unnecessary drops like the neo relics and give an increased chance for the braton/lato/peculiar/ephimera.

I´ll do the last 9runs so i get the 100, but this gamemode is so anti-fun that i currently don´t have any motivation to do anything in warframe
(Yes I know it´s just a cosmetic I maybe won´t even wear, but that is no valid reason to hide it behind such a low dropchance in an unfun gamemode)
This is pure RNG and has nothing to do with skill/fun if you hear that others get it in their 3-5 for fun run, while your are spending hours to get it....

Some people are more lucky than one another, and that is the exact purpose of ephemera drop. Suck it up and move on, stop being so butt hurt about it and complain so you can get your freebies. If you want to get it, well then keep farming, otherwise stop your whining.

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.8.0

BE KIND, REVIVE

The rules of Arbitration death have shifted: players are still downed with no bleedout timer, but a Revive tower is now placed at the player’s spot of death. If any squadmate is awaiting Revival, the Arbitration Drones will begin dropping unique pickups known as a “Resurgence Burden”. These pickups function similar to Index points (otherwise known as “Financial Stress”), debuffing the players who carry them. 

In order to revive a player, 5 of these Resurgence Burdens must be taken to their tower simultaneously. These 5 pickups can be delivered by one or multiple squadmates, but cannot be “dropped off” at the tower - it’s all or nothing!

So I just tried this out.  Like an idiot, I tried hacking a bursa at the end of a defense round (yeah... bad idea).  The stay/leave prompt comes up and the time keeps going.  So when the timer expires, the failed hack kills me.  Great, time to revive.  Only problem is the defense board doesn't drop any drones.  no drones, no revive tokens.  no revives.

I sat there for about 10 rounds before aborting.  Perhaps this idea needs to be given more consideration for defense boards?  I would imagine the system works great for infestation survival where there are a bazillion drones...

7 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

We got one party member downed and the drones started spewing those resurrection shards that are automatically picked up. Just by getting rid of the annoying pests we got all severely debuffed.

I'm confused how they managed to implement this idea in the game without walking through what would happen in a scenario like this. It didn't take much imagination to see something like this coming. I try to be charitable but this is too bizarre.

So @[DE]Drew these Arbitration changes

1. Arbitration made as hard as existing modes but still on a reduced reward rate?
  2. New Rivens locked behind Arbitration Mode
  3. In addition a new, horrifically expensive resource to grind in order to remove a limitation on our warframes, involving a resource that will require us to grind modes away from the Arbitration mode (Forma from Voids and Nitain from Wolf)
  4. Revival mechanic in arbitration that further punishes the remaining team members beyond being a player down

on the other hand

1. Arbitration is still just a recycle of other modes adding nothing interesting game play wise to keep players interested in the game
  2. Arbitration Drones still make none damage tank builds pointless negating 75% of "how to play" a player learns unlocking the star chart
  3. Continued Insistence on using red and red based colour auras in everything is punishing to people with red colour deficiency (AKA one of the most common forms of colour blindness)

How is this supposed to encourage people to play the mode? how are players supposed to not feel like this is a slap in the face?

If you want to get people playing arbitration my suggestion is

1. with the increased enemy level scaling restore drop rates to standard as well
  2. Remove damage and ability negation from the drones, replace it with selective damage type reduction + one additional drone type that negates target affecting warframe abilities, this will force players to use a mix of weapons to bypass the drones, encourage varied and intelligent play, not just bring your biggest weapons on the tankiest frames and see how long you last.
  3. Bonus
    1. Remove the reliance on red colouration, have affected enemies pulse noticeably or something.

So DE made Arbirtations even more stupid than they already were.
and they added a ridiculously stupid reward. A Multi Aura slot. So you can put in Energy Siphon in one mission, and Growing Power in the next. And maybe Steel Charge in one and then kick a mod, because SC does 18, and every other aura does 14 capacity.
While at the same time, Exilus Slot is remaining useless. 15% range, or 15% strength. or More Jumping, more jogging. 3 meter more. 30 damage more. 5 seconds longer in the air.

maybe try making a forma for every slot instead, so I can put Augur Secrets into the exilus slot, hmm? Nobody cares for Aura change. its never makes sense.

aand just like that im not unlocking abitrations... not anytime soon anyways... almost seems not worth the endless grind.

This just looks down right discouraging to me.

As far as I'm concerned the rewards are pretty bland and not worth it, on top of that the cost to actually get the rivens is god awful. then the cost of making the aura forma.. after that you lost me... Greatly...

not hopping on that band wagon till something worth while shows up as a reward for doing it.

Also the ultra rare aura forma requires 4 forma beyond the very low drop chance?!

Seriously DE what are you smoking/drinking/whatever?

Do you realize that usually most frames have had their aura slot alrerady formaed?

We aren't even unlocking a new slot or something and only a pair of polarities are actually useful, asking for 4 forma is obscene.

Archived